SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Progress on Luxlink: The Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-11, 01:57 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Greatness...love all the luxlink stories!

Yeah, the targeted demographic Lexus had in mind for this car probably didn't include folks that could work this mod!
Just imagined a car salesman at the dealer try to explain how to work the $2500 LL option to a normal SC's buyer.............all you have to do is do this, that and this.....remember you must do this before that, then do this key sequence really fast on your stock key, then this would happen. The buyer is like huh, what? Say it again? Hell I think most normal car salesman are not smart enough to learn how to use the LL. Even I was a little turn off by it, the main reason I want the LL is for convenience and it sounds complicated and troublesome to operate it.

Back to the LL, showing off and the coolness aside, it is really very convenient. As simple as it looks holding down the button for 25 seconds, it really is a drag. Now we can remotely activate it or one touch it and watch the coolness. Now that I know how to operate the LL with 100% success, I am really loving this mod!

Last edited by BNR34; 09-19-11 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-19-11, 02:13 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

I was just telling another CL member locally how the convenience factor is even greater than the cool factor---and the cool factor is pretty damn cool!

I also was thinking what a simple mod this could have been in a "tech" package for this car along with smart start and the smart key, bumper sensors and rear view camera, sonar cruise...maybe paddles shifters and cooled seats???

Lexus clearly missed another opportunity to differentiate and update the SC430 in the last 4-5 years of it's model year that could have made it more relevant and desirable.
Old 09-19-11, 05:14 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I also was thinking what a simple mod this could have been in a "tech" package for this car along with smart start and the smart key, bumper sensors and rear view camera, sonar cruise...maybe paddles shifters and cooled seats???
I'd be happy with the tech package from my wifes Infiniti that was $20K cheaper than a new SC!
Old 09-23-11, 05:34 PM
Cliff1F2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you still order one of these luxlink units, or was it only available via preorder?
Old 09-24-11, 09:26 PM
jeffwingo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mine is still sitting in the box

Can't seem to find the time to install it.
Old 09-25-11, 06:49 AM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff1F2
Can you still order one of these luxlink units, or was it only available via preorder?
Nope...they only did a special run of them on a pre-order/special order situation. You can look on eBay or craigslist to find one or post a "wanted" ad here on CL. I know several people bought two.
Old 09-25-11, 01:08 PM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope...they only did a special run of them on a pre-order/special order situation. You can look on eBay or craigslist to find one or post a "wanted" ad here on CL. I know several people bought two.
Contact Steve at Luxury Motorworks and see if he has any left.

I just ordered the full boat (LL, Alarm, Windows) for my 2006 SC even though I missed the pre-order via Stalkerbook.
Old 09-28-11, 09:40 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally took the back seat out tonite and Steve was right the black wire with white stripe had not been cut for just 2 window opperation so I simply cut it and I was able to lower and raise the 1/4 windows so im 100% functional. Only thing I dont know how to test out is the alarm add on.

Next is a Erebuni rep lip kit and powdercoating or painting my calipers (and adding the lexus decals).
Attached Thumbnails Progress on Luxlink: The Test-quarter-window.jpg  
Old 09-29-11, 07:40 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by robertrios
Finally took the back seat out tonite and Steve was right the black wire with white stripe had not been cut for just 2 window opperation so I simply cut it and I was able to lower and raise the 1/4 windows so im 100% functional. Only thing I dont know how to test out is the alarm add on.

Next is a Erebuni rep lip kit and powdercoating or painting my calipers (and adding the lexus decals).
Robert, good stuff. I will probably ask your assistance on some of these things. Once I get the car back from the shop, I will take on this LL install!

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-13-11, 08:48 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Now that I know how to use the LuxLink 100%, I am loving it! It makes operating the top so much easier. Before operating the top is like an event, now is just like operating the windows, I truely love it

Thank you Steve
Old 10-13-11, 05:37 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

would anything that i do stop the 2 button push and walk away from working it dosent work 100%
Old 10-13-11, 08:11 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If the 2-touch doesn't work, then Luxlink isn't working. The only reason I know of for that is that you used the rear windows. Remember, that the car has to be shut off and restarted to go from rear windows to top up/down. Example: If I have the top up and put all windows down (in particular, the rear quarters) You have engaged Luxlink to work the rear quarters and will NOT work the top. What I would usually do is wait until I come up to a red light and click the ignition off and on real quick. That resets the Luxlink and will now work the roof.

In other words, once you start the SC, the Luxlink is engaged and can EITHER work the roof OR rear windows-Not both! By turning off the SC and restarting it-you have reset the Luxlink. Hope this helps.

John
Old 10-13-11, 09:19 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

yep its the 1/4 windows...makes sense now lol
Old 10-15-11, 02:11 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by robertrios
yep its the 1/4 windows...makes sense now lol
The 1st time the top doesn't work after I used the 1/4 windows and I didn't know why, I was very puzzled. The engine don't shut off either after I two clicks the top button and pull the key out......because the LuxLink was in a loop. My sister was with me too, she was very surprised when the engine don't shut off when I pull the key out

You really have to know what you are doing to use the LuxLink, especially if you got the 1/4 window module
Old 10-15-11, 04:59 PM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

Here's a reminder of one tip Solman posted earlier in the thread, just in case you run into that problem...If you're out of sync with the LL you can insert the key into the door lock cylinder and "Lock" the door three times to shut down the motor. Or if you wait about 30 seconds, the motor will shut down on it's own. (remember the key fob buttons do not function with the engine running. So three turns in the door lock and voila' the motor shuts off.)

Quick Reply: Progress on Luxlink: The Test