SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Progress on Luxlink: The Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-11, 04:57 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The "walk-away" feature is the easiest one. When you park your SC (top down), press the dash button 2x and remove your key. The car will continue to run-as you leave the car, the top and windows will go up as you walk away from it. If you also want it locked as you walk away, press the power lock switch on the door before you close the door. Seconds after the windows close the engine (and stereo) will shut off. Be prepared for any nearby eyes to be glued to your car as this happens! I call this the Luxlink people watch. Now you know why I stayed on Steve until he finally agreed to do the production. Of course I had ulterior motives as I bought two of the units plus he replaced my own unit with a new one that he could test along with his engineer. BTW, NONE of my units are for sale-I hope to be an SC owner for many years and never want to be without my luxlink.

John
Old 09-05-11, 06:35 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
The "walk-away" feature ...... I call this the Luxlink people watch. ....
Oh man. I can't wait to try this out! You, Derek and Hui, not to mention Steve, have made my LuxLink purchase the highlight of my month! The installer, JP Importz in Garland, TX were AWESOME - shout out to JasonP for an unbelievable job and outstanding customer service.
Old 09-05-11, 07:02 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

scdroptop finally posted! All because of the Luxlink and yes what else?
Old 09-05-11, 08:56 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Here's the link to my YouTube Video I made this morning. Sorry about the wind and the loud music...wanted to get something out there quick on a nice sunny day and forgot to turn down the volume before I did this. I also forgot to show the key sequence to do this, but it is: Press Unlock and hold for 3 seconds...wait for long beep, then quickly (within two seconds) press the lock button twice and you should get a top down first, windows and remote start. I LOVE THIS!!!! Best mod ever! Great value too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8QR2btDBKk
Bad.

To.

DEATH!
Old 09-06-11, 06:22 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Are you sure about the sequencing . ON my older version lux link When you hold the un lock button down and wait for the long beep then press unlock twice the motor starts first then the top goes down, I was under the impression that this was easier on the battery to have the motor start first then drop the top. I think you mistated the sequencing .

Buddy
Old 09-06-11, 10:16 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

ABSOLUTELY, the car starts before the top & windows drop!!!! Same as version 1.

John
Old 09-06-11, 12:50 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Solman
ABSOLUTELY, the car starts before the top & windows drop!!!! Same as version 1.

John
John My unit works as you said car starts then top and windows drop if you do the combo remote start and top drop. I was responding to the CL member that was saying otherwise.

Buddy
Old 09-06-11, 06:50 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Relax! The button sequence is correct but I typed the car action items in the wrong order. It is exactly as your versions...start, windows, top. I fixed my post.

I had two admirers today at Starbucks when I walked out of the car with the top down, engine running and my music blasting as I went in to get my morning medicine. A guy watching started to say, "Sir...you...." then he stopped as he saw the top coming down.

GREATNESS!!!! Now if I can only get my wife to respond like my SC!
Old 09-06-11, 06:58 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

No worries you new lux link users have to learn LOL
Old 09-06-11, 07:28 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome write up bob- many thanks im thinking about waiting until its complete before I take my car to the shop for install- Another member also gave me the address to a place in Clearwater that did his luxlink but my local shop owes me some work so I wanted to take it there to save some money. I also read on FB that some of the wiring harnesses are not in the same color scheme as the instructions? Im trying to figure out if mine are the old style or new but from the word file from the original instructions I cant really tell!
Old 09-06-11, 07:44 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

I had two admirers today at Starbucks when I walked out of the car with the top down, engine running and my music blasting as I went in to get my morning medicine. A guy watching started to say, "Sir...you...." then he stopped as he saw the top coming down.
Same thing today too when I went out to PetCo. Guy and his wife started calling to me..."Oh sir! Sir! Your car..." and boom. Off it went. I thanked them. They caught me when I left and asked me about it. I showed them the simultaneous start, top drop and they were bug-eyed.

New toys always bring the most fun and satisfaction. You can't buy this stuff.. er.. well, I guess we did!

Old 09-06-11, 08:01 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

GREATNESS!!!! Now if I can only get my wife to respond like my SC!
What-She doesn't? You might want to check the batteries in the remote. Be sure it says SC 430 on her back end. If it still doesn't work, you might want to trade her in. lol

John
Old 09-07-11, 04:42 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GREATNESS!!!! Now if I can only get my wife to respond like my SC! [/QUOTE]

Did you have her luxlink installed the same time as your cars? Maybe that's the problem. No luxlink! Good thing you bought two!!! lol
Old 09-07-11, 06:07 AM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

It was a bait and switch!!!!
Old 09-07-11, 05:15 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

The remote top and remote start is a tricky one. Any tips??

I know the sequence is: hold unlock till long beep + lock + lock

Last edited by huy33; 09-07-11 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Progress on Luxlink: The Test