SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Getting A New Body Kit ( Entire Process Detailed )

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-11, 03:31 PM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but when you look at the picture with the white car you can see its all 1 peace with the rest of the bumper not an add on peace
Old 09-22-11, 01:52 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cant see any prices but might be worth contacting these guys. Not far from you either.

http://www.vossenwheels.co.uk
Old 09-22-11, 02:49 AM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by aquanuke
Cant see any prices but might be worth contacting these guys. Not far from you either.

http://www.vossenwheels.co.uk
Thanks! , I have just called them and looking very promising !
Old 09-22-11, 03:09 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Im going to see Jerricks SC520 today, he makes some fantastic coilovers if your interested in dropping your car. Mention me and he will sort you a deal.

http://www.meisterr.com/Site/Lexus_SC430_UZZ40.html

Last edited by aquanuke; 09-22-11 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-22-11, 05:27 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by tsachiti
Stock car comes with orange side markers.

For a car to legally be on the road here in the UK, once a year, it has to go get tested for something called M.O.T. These are a series of tests that if any are failed, you wont get the certificate, which means you cant get road tax which means you are flagged to get pulled over by police and potentially get your car seized and crushed.

The Criteria for M.O.T or being road worthy is.

* rear Fob Lights,
*Rear reflectors working at 35 watts
*Rear Reverse ligts working at 35 watts
indicators, wipers, no excessive rust, emissions, brakes, handbrakes, tyres being of a certain thread etc

The short answer is, they came stock but if i remove, i have to put a red or orange sticker or something else thats a reflector.
Hi tsachiti

Correct me if I am wrong, but the rear marker lights/ reflectors as they are in the UK are not required by law in the UK. We have rear facing reflectors built into our rear lights and that is all that is required. I think you will find that the front and rear side reflectors are just there to fill the holes where the US models have to have orange front and red rear side marker lights.

We are certainly required to have fog lights and reversing lights, but as aquanuke will prove you only need one of each. You can paint over or fill in the rear marker lights.

Best regards

Steve
Old 09-22-11, 07:20 AM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi tsachiti

Correct me if I am wrong, but the rear marker lights/ reflectors as they are in the UK are not required by law in the UK. We have rear facing reflectors built into our rear lights and that is all that is required. I think you will find that the front and rear side reflectors are just there to fill the holes where the US models have to have orange front and red rear side marker lights.

We are certainly required to have fog lights and reversing lights, but as aquanuke will prove you only need one of each. You can paint over or fill in the rear marker lights.

Best regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Noted, thanks , this means I can make more mods that I had in mind.

Cheers for clarifying

Will (tsachiti)
Old 10-03-11, 12:30 PM
Blast-off
Rookie

Guys do you fancy a English meet up at the Ace Cafe in London on the 29/10/2011 it is from 10am

It would be good to get Aquanukes Steves tsachiti, I could even ask Jerrick if he could make it.

Aquanukes did you help Jerrick with his ecu?

Good to see the changes to your Car tsachiti
Old 10-03-11, 12:43 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Right now im free for the 29th unless somthing comes up, although 10am sounds awfully early. Any reason why it cant be sooner, weather might get moody later.

Yep we got Jerricks car sorted, if it runs I dont know yet.
Old 10-03-11, 01:01 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by Blast-off
Guys do you fancy a English meet up at the Ace Cafe in London on the 29/10/2011 it is from 10am

It would be good to get Aquanukes Steves tsachiti, I could even ask Jerrick if he could make it.

I am defo up for a meet,

Regarding the car, thanks,

Its far from complete, well its nearly there, The bodykit was a total mess in terms of quality and fit, not helped by the terribly bodyshop which had plenty of overspray on top of dust particles. According to many other second opinions, its was the worst paint job they have ever seen on a car.

Aquanuke came to the rescue and helped me detail it out. The car is currently in a classic car restoration garage which is to smooth out the rouch patches as well as correct the paint issues, this costing another arm then finally a leg for the wheels which i bought from the USA but somehow the shipping company mislabled because of the metric system so my wheels and tyres are stuck at some depot
Old 10-03-11, 07:54 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

It is werid the front bumper is made only to fit the 06+ headlights but NOT the 06+ grille?
I think that body shop did a pretty bad job around the headlight area.
Old 10-04-11, 12:03 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blast-off

Hi Ian

I have sent you a PM and I am also free at the moment.
Be really good to see yours, tsachiti's and especially Aquanukes car as I have lusted over his SC for years.

Best regards
Steve
Old 10-04-11, 12:14 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi Ian

I have sent you a PM and I am also free at the moment.
Be really good to see yours, tsachiti's and especially Aquanukes car as I have lusted over his SC for years.

Best regards
Steve
Just bought some Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax smells like banana, will get her looking real nice so not too let you down Will
Old 10-04-11, 12:47 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by aquanuke
Just bought some Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax smells like banana, will get her looking real nice so not too let you down Will
I better try and get mine polished too, but you can guarantee the good old British weather will mean it will probably p..s down!!

Lets hope not ,cause I would love to see that shine of yours in the flesh.
Old 10-04-11, 01:19 PM
Blast-off
Rookie

Guys it would be great to all see each others cars at the Acecafe.
Problem is Steve and mine look pretty identical lol...
I have added you all to the gate so your have no problems getting In.

We have to up load some photo onto here with all our cars together....
Old 10-04-11, 03:22 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by talwang
It is werid the front bumper is made only to fit the 06+ headlights but NOT the 06+ grille?
I think that body shop did a pretty bad job around the headlight area.
Yes it was the light section was the worst, But ...

Today I went to see it at the classic car place where they are addressing everything, it looks oem now, they fixed the light fitment issue and removed all the bumps, while they were at it, they removed and filled out my back bummpers fog lights which sit in the middle of the bumper for some reason on UK SC's. They also removed and filled in the back bumper corner light very clean look, debadging.

Its going to be baked and sprayed etc tomorrow then to the exhaust people on saturday. Making good progress. meanwhile,Fedex tracking shows I have a shipment from the usa arrived in england but not delivered here to me yet

Quick Reply: Getting A New Body Kit ( Entire Process Detailed )