SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Getting A New Body Kit ( Entire Process Detailed )

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-11, 08:31 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tsachiti
Yes it was the light section was the worst, But ...

Today I went to see it at the classic car place where they are addressing everything, it looks oem now, they fixed the light fitment issue and removed all the bumps, while they were at it, they removed and filled out my back bummpers fog lights which sit in the middle of the bumper for some reason on UK SC's. They also removed and filled in the back bumper corner light very clean look, debadging.

Its going to be baked and sprayed etc tomorrow then to the exhaust people on saturday. Making good progress. meanwhile,Fedex tracking shows I have a shipment from the usa arrived in england but not delivered here to me yet

Glad to know you have found someone that is capable of doing the job right.

That is a good choice on wheels for your sc430.
Old 10-04-11, 10:05 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I have soo many ideas to make that kit work for your car and color. It sucks your body shops arent capable of doing it though.
Old 10-05-11, 03:01 AM
tsachiti
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mIStaSC
I have soo many ideas to make that kit work for your car and color. It sucks your body shops arent capable of doing it though.

I often get a new car every year but with the SC, I will prob keep it for many years to come but instead give her a makeover annually, either wrap or something else.

I am very keen to hear your thoughts and ideas, humour me and lets assume I have found the worlds best bodyshop
Old 10-05-11, 04:41 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Yes it was the light section was the worst, But ...

Today I went to see it at the classic car place where they are addressing everything, it looks oem now, they fixed the light fitment issue and removed all the bumps, while they were at it, they removed and filled out my back bummpers fog lights which sit in the middle of the bumper for some reason on UK SC's. They also removed and filled in the back bumper corner light very clean look, debadging.

Its going to be baked and sprayed etc tomorrow then to the exhaust people on saturday. Making good progress. meanwhile,Fedex tracking shows I have a shipment from the usa arrived in england but not delivered here to me yet

Sounds great Will, hope to see you and your car at the Ace.

Best regards

Steve
Old 10-05-11, 11:00 AM
Blast-off
Rookie

Very nice Wheels mate...

Look forward to seeing your car up close
Old 10-10-11, 08:03 AM
zonk
Driver School Candidate

Nice wheels, what are they and the tire size? Those tires look like they have enough side wall width to be driven on streets with pot holes etc.
Old 10-10-11, 08:07 AM
zonk
Driver School Candidate

Shopped new wheels in, still dont like the skirt, will see if i still dont like it tomorrow. lol

Nice KIt. I like the sidewalls.
Old 10-10-11, 12:16 PM
zonk
Driver School Candidate

I am having the Artisan body kit installed now and waiting for the arrival of wheels to add also. The wheels are Lexani LSS-5 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10 with 285/30/20 and 245/35/20 . Does this seem appropriate and what should I want for moderate a offset? Can the tires have any more height in the side wall? I don't want to be bottoming out when hitting pot holes.
Old 10-10-11, 12:40 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Thousand spend later, my accountant is having a fit so . Im done, enough of the modding for now. Have so many pics its riddiculous, if u would like me to post any, ask asay and I will post

Old 10-10-11, 01:16 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zonk
I am having the Artisan body kit installed now and waiting for the arrival of wheels to add also. The wheels are Lexani LSS-5 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10 with 285/30/20 and 245/35/20 . Does this seem appropriate and what should I want for moderate a offset? Can the tires have any more height in the side wall? I don't want to be bottoming out when hitting pot holes.
If you've already ordered the wheels, it's too late to change your offsets. But if you haven't ordered them yet and you're looking for fairly aggressive offsets, I'd suggest something like +25 front and +30 rear. Or +30 front +35 rear if you want something a little more conservative. Either way, you may have some rubbing with those tire sizes. I'd consider running 235/35/20 275/30/20. I wouldn't suggest anything with more sidewall.

Also, you'll probably want to lower your car if you haven't already. Preferably on coilovers. I have the Tein CS2 which are great. There are less expensive options like Megan. Just depends on your budget.

And with an open face wheel, you'll probably want to do something about your brakes. On the cheap end, you could paint the calipers and replace the rotors with drilled or slotted rotors. For more money, you could replace the calipers with Supra TT or Lexus LS calipers. Or for even more money, you could get a big brake kit. But you would need to order your wheels to fit the last two options as the calipers are much larger than stock.

Also, for future reference, it's better to start your own thread with questions like this rather than ask in someone else's thread. Or for this question specifically, you could have posted in the wheel fitment thread.
Old 10-10-11, 01:26 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thousand spend later, my accountant is having a fit so . Im done, enough of the modding for now. Have so many pics its riddiculous, if u would like me to post any, ask asay and I will post

Looks much better than the first round of pics you posted. If you can sneak it past your accountant, it'll look even better with a drop. Preferably on coilovers, but you could do lowering springs if you don't want to spend the money.

You might also consider redding out your taillights. It's red tint that goes over the taillights to hide the amber. Only costs $20 or so on ebay and it's a much cleaner look.
Old 10-10-11, 06:03 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

side skirts look like they are not as low as the front end, i think you had mentioned going back to oem...might not look the different in person though. I like the wheels...all you need are 06 tails and a drop!
Old 10-10-11, 07:34 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
...it'll look even better with a drop. Preferably on coilovers, but you could do lowering springs if you don't want to spend the money..
I'm considering selling my Tein spring stock shock combo. Keep your eyes on the classified section.

Last edited by Emackny; 10-10-11 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-10-11, 09:47 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

what happen to these photoshopped side skirts you have planned on doing?

Old 10-14-11, 12:35 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
Looks much better than the first round of pics you posted. If you can sneak it past your accountant, it'll look even better with a drop. Preferably on coilovers, but you could do lowering springs if you don't want to spend the money.

You might also consider redding out your taillights. It's red tint that goes over the taillights to hide the amber. Only costs $20 or so on ebay and it's a much cleaner look.
Hi Liquid

Hope you don't mind me chirping in, but we have to have orange indicators in the UK, front and rear.
As much as we would love to red them out and your looks great, we would not pass our annual MOT test with them and we would also be pulled by the cops.

Best regards
Steve

Quick Reply: Getting A New Body Kit ( Entire Process Detailed )