jzwu
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Work wheels.

Are you selling the boxes? :-)
Old 09-09-11, 09:27 AM
VVTiBob

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

Not just boxes.....these are vertically stack boxes, with labeling too! Not just plain boxes.
Old 09-09-11, 11:00 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol i can read what the boxes say . but whats in them? pictures?
Old 09-09-11, 11:24 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I might be moving, I could use the boxes.
Old 09-09-11, 05:56 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

found something inside one of the boxes.

Old 09-09-11, 06:14 PM
westxype
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH's on the SC? I wondered how those would look one. Can't wait. What offsets did you get? If you don't mind me asking.
Old 09-10-11, 02:42 AM
Yes

8.5x20+25 / 9.5x20+25
Old 09-10-11, 05:23 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Liquid SC you have been waiting a long time for those, haven't you? Are they on yet?
Old 09-10-11, 08:56 AM
Yes

Actually, it only took a month to get these. What happened was I had ordered a set of AME wheels from a place called Flawless Rides last December. When I ordered them, they were running a 25% off promotion so they came out to only $2,600 shipped.

After I placed the order, they called and confirmed and said it would take 30-60 day. Two months came and went, so I called to check on my order. They said that 3 out of 4 wheels were done and they missed the shipment. It would be another month until the next shipment.

Another 30 days came and went. When I called, they said they'd look into it. Then the tsunami hit. They wrote and told me my wheels were on a container in the shipyard and nothing was going in or out.

So I gave them another month or two and called them back. They said it would probably be another 30 day. When that came and went, I finally decided to track down AME Wheels on facebook and wrote to them.

Luckily, that turned out to be a guy named Rishie at Auto RnD. He had taken over as AME's North American distributer about a year ago. He said he'd look into it. He then called me and said as far as he could tell, my order was never placed and that $2,600 was below cost.

It took about a month to get a refund, but he helped get my money back. Flawless Rides actually had to scrape the money together and paid me in three installments on Paypal. Rishie was going to order the wheels for me at cost, but they had been discontinued in the meantime. He also sells Work Wheels and gave me a great deal on these. I paid $3,100 shipped, which is about $1,000 off full retail.

So the moral of the story is if you ever come across Flawless Rides, avoid them like the plague. But if you're looking for AME, Work or Rays (possibly others) talk to Rishie at Auto RnD. Best customer service I've ever received.

As far as mounting them, they got here faster than I expected and I just ordered tires yesterday. I should get them on sometime next week.
Old 09-10-11, 10:20 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
Actually, it only took a month to get these. What happened was I had ordered a set of AME wheels from a place called Flawless Rides last December. When I ordered them, they were running a 25% off promotion so they came out to only $2,600 shipped.

After I placed the order, they called and confirmed and said it would take 30-60 day. Two months came and went, so I called to check on my order. They said that 3 out of 4 wheels were done and they missed the shipment. It would be another month until the next shipment.

Another 30 days came and went. When I called, they said they'd look into it. Then the tsunami hit. They wrote and told me my wheels were on a container in the shipyard and nothing was going in or out.

So I gave them another month or two and called them back. They said it would probably be another 30 day. When that came and went, I finally decided to track down AME Wheels on facebook and wrote to them.

Luckily, that turned out to be a guy named Rishie at Auto RnD. He had taken over as AME's North American distributer about a year ago. He said he'd look into it. He then called me and said as far as he could tell, my order was never placed and that $2,600 was below cost.

It took about a month to get a refund, but he helped get my money back. Flawless Rides actually had to scrape the money together and paid me in three installments on Paypal. Rishie was going to order the wheels for me at cost, but they had been discontinued in the meantime. He also sells Work Wheels and gave me a great deal on these. I paid $3,100 shipped, which is about $1,000 off full retail.

So the moral of the story is if you ever come across Flawless Rides, avoid them like the plague. But if you're looking for AME, Work or Rays (possibly others) talk to Rishie at Auto RnD. Best customer service I've ever received.

As far as mounting them, they got here faster than I expected and I just ordered tires yesterday. I should get them on sometime next week.
What are doing with the current set?
Old 09-10-11, 10:55 AM
Yes

Two wheels are dead. I hit a curb last year. They're discontinued, so I couldn't just replace the two damaged wheels. A really good wheel shop might be able to repair them, but there aren't any here. I might try to sell them cheap if someone wants to mess with them. Or hold onto them in case I move somewhere like LA and can get them fixed.
Old 09-10-11, 02:22 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

very nice! i'm sure they're gonna look great on the ride

Quick Reply: Boxes