SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2006 Rear Light Upgrade (United Kingdom)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 01:24 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Rear Light Upgrade (United Kingdom)

So get this...
I thought to give lexus car parts a call, (this is the official lexus dealer in croydon surrey. )

I asked if they sell 2006 rear lights for sc430. Yes they said. How much i asked, £103 each they said .. ($160) Hang on, that is a lot less than i thought. I double and triple checked to make sure they had not made a mistake as I have heard of people importing these at nearly 1 k all in.

Am I missing something or has the price just dropped and become more affordable, I asked if they were Led, they said, yes they are.. so they told me to come pick them up this Saturday, Im still buzzing as it still seems too good to be true.

Keen to hear your thoughts
Old 11-02-11, 02:24 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the bulbs only.
Old 11-02-11, 03:09 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I did get a quote myself from Lexus Croydon and as I remember it was not that bad. At the time Sewells in the US had a sale which is why I bought from them instead.

Anyway if you get them in Croydon you can check them out first. Make sure you also get the top reflector section as well as its shaped slightly different and you will also need the loom.

Or if your not sure Will let me know and I'll go down there with you.
Old 11-02-11, 04:02 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by tsachiti
So get this...
I thought to give lexus car parts a call, (this is the official lexus dealer in croydon surrey. )

I asked if they sell 2006 rear lights for sc430. Yes they said. How much i asked, £103 each they said .. ($160) Hang on, that is a lot less than i thought. I double and triple checked to make sure they had not made a mistake as I have heard of people importing these at nearly 1 k all in.

Am I missing something or has the price just dropped and become more affordable, I asked if they were Led, they said, yes they are.. so they told me to come pick them up this Saturday, Im still buzzing as it still seems too good to be true.

Keen to hear your thoughts
Hi Will

If they really are that price, get me some too please.
I am with liquid, probably just the price for a bulb pack!!!

Best regards

Steve
Old 11-02-11, 04:03 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by aquanuke
I did get a quote myself from Lexus Croydon and as I remember it was not that bad. At the time Sewells in the US had a sale which is why I bought from them instead.

Anyway if you get them in Croydon you can check them out first. Make sure you also get the top reflector section as well as its shaped slightly different and you will also need the loom.

Or if your not sure Will let me know and I'll go down there with you.
Awesomeness,

Thanks Aquanuke, I will call in tomorrow and add the reflectors to the order, I will let you know if they are in over the weekend so hat we can go together if you are about.
Old 11-02-11, 04:08 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi Will

If they really are that price, get me some too please.
I am with liquid, probably just the price for a bulb pack!!!

Best regards

Steve
Okay,

Can you pm me your email or mobile number so that I can text u price all in including reflectors , if you are happy with it then I might drive by there before the office with pictures and ensure it the correct unit with the reflectors and then order some in for u too.

Blastoff Where are you ?
Old 11-02-11, 04:14 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Awesomeness,

Thanks Aquanuke, I will call in tomorrow and add the reflectors to the order, I will let you know if they are in over the weekend so hat we can go together if you are about.
Hey Will

Serriously, if they are that price I want some. If you go with Chris he can check they are the correct part. Please let me know.
Buy all their stock and sell them across the pond!!! lol

Best regards

Steve
Old 11-02-11, 04:59 PM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

The entire job needs four parts : rear lamp assembly, upper garnish, wire harness (LED connector is different than incandescent socket) and, if you don't want the bulb out light on the speedometer, a new luggage compartment ECU. Many have skipped this part and just tapped over the error indicator. Each side needs three parts and the ECU covers both tail lamps.
Old 11-02-11, 05:25 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Awesomeness,

yep just let me know day/time and we will go down. I do somewhere have the original boxes for all 4 componants with the part numbers. Will try and find them as may be helpful.
Old 11-02-11, 05:36 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
The entire job needs four parts : rear lamp assembly, upper garnish, wire harness (LED connector is different than incandescent socket) and, if you don't want the bulb out light on the speedometer, a new luggage compartment ECU. Many have skipped this part and just tapped over the error indicator. Each side needs three parts and the ECU covers both tail lamps.

VVTiBob do you know if the ECU is just the stock 06+ part or was the one Sewells sold as a kit modified.
Old 11-02-11, 08:20 PM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

It's stock, 06 and beyond.
Old 11-02-11, 08:34 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks
Old 11-03-11, 07:16 PM
mdfd430
Driver School Candidate

keep us updated on the progress!
Old 11-05-11, 10:13 AM
tsachiti
Driver

So it turns out the unit was really just £103 the little reflector on the top was sold separately at a whopping £72.

See the invoice below.

I ordered specifically the lights for the 2008 model.

I didn't need to change the ecu as I used the existing light bulbs and everything works perfectly. No Extra bulbs required, no warning lights on dash as the current lights are the same ones on the unit.

I had to do a 6 minute mod to the connector but was minor. Please see images below.

Total install time for both lights from un-boxing to complete, 14 mins ( yes I timed it)

Old 11-05-11, 10:21 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

wow looks good and damn very cheap way to do it.

Quick Reply: 2006 Rear Light Upgrade (United Kingdom)