SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2004 sc430 w/ ipod intergration?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-11, 04:42 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 sc430 w/ ipod intergration?

i want to have an i-pod in my car too! Interested in Vaistech SL2i-UP, its not made for the 2004 year model. any suggestions?
Old 11-23-11, 08:43 AM
VVTiBob

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

You might consider this as a major electonics upgrade...and they are a CL vendor http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-sonic-mva-11l.html

It's on my Christmas wish list.
Old 11-23-11, 10:01 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Short of replacing your head unit, you're not going to get full integration. Even then, the steering wheel controls won't work (other than volume).

Your best option is probably the Vaistech SLU. That's what I use. I had it installed with an apple A/V cable rather than the cable that come with it. That way you can run the USB part of the cable to the lighter in the center console and charge your ipod when you drive.

I mounted it with a Kuda mount. You can either do that or put your ipod somewhere else and use a remote. But in my opinion by the time you mount a remote, you might as well just mount your ipod.

Last edited by Yes; 11-23-11 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-23-11, 10:01 AM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vaistech does make an iPod integration kit for the 02-04 SC. It is the SLU kit but if I recall it does not charge the iPod like the 05+ SL2i-UP kit.
Old 11-23-11, 11:46 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
Short of replacing your head unit, you're not going to get full integration. Even then, the steering wheel controls won't work (other than volume).

Your best option is probably the Vaistech SLU. That's what I use. I had it installed with an apple A/V cable rather than the cable that come with it. That way you can run the USB part of the cable to the lighter in the center console and charge your ipod when you drive.

I mounted it with a Kuda mount. You can either do that or put your ipod somewhere else and use a remote. But in my opinion by the time you mount a remote, you might as well just mount your ipod.
No offence intended but why would you do that? I have an SLU fitted and use the standard cable that has been run into the centre console. It charges my iPod/iPhone with no issue. My steering wheel controls work fine but then I have a 2006!
Old 11-23-11, 11:50 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by harleydjce
No offence intended but why would you do that? I have an SLU fitted and use the standard cable that has been run into the centre console. It charges my iPod/iPhone with no issue. My steering wheel controls work fine but then I have a 2006!
Because he (and I) have older stereos that don't fully integrate with the ipod. They changed the stereo in 2005.
Old 11-26-11, 12:46 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by A1Lexis
Vaistech does make an iPod integration kit for the 02-04 SC. It is the SLU kit but if I recall it does not charge the iPod like the 05+ SL2i-UP kit.
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/stereo/s...c-mva-11l.html ( IS THIS FOR IPOD? )
Old 11-26-11, 03:11 AM
VVTiBob

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

No. The kit beat sonic sells is used to integrate new head units, which, depending on which unit you buy, could have, Bluetooth, NAV, iPODs etc.
Old 11-26-11, 07:35 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
No. The kit beat sonic sells is used to integrate new head units, which, depending on which unit you buy, could have, Bluetooth, NAV, iPODs etc.
thanks fr telling me cause i almost spent my money for nothing. imma give em a call to make sure though, i willlet u know if its for ipod too
Old 11-26-11, 09:43 AM
hn1204
Driver School Candidate

would the dice work with our sc430? this kit has the bluetooth a2dp so you can stream audio. i drive an 06
Old 11-26-11, 12:46 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

If you want to keep your head unit, you have two choices, SLU and SLU2i-UP, depending on your year of SC. This explains the 2006 difference to a 2004. I've had both...check out their site below and my summary. Do a search as well, we have exhausted this topic.

Parrott I believe makes one too. Axxess may make one as well. I had one in my 2003 FX35 and loved it...I didn't even have nav in that car and it displayed full track information! Don't know if they make one for the SC. Read this sticky threat # 45...more info than you probably need! https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...e-sc430-3.html

And the Vais website:
http://www.vaistech.com/dev/home.php

Summary:

2002-2004= SLU, basic Aux cable...no integration, just digital play and no charging.
2005-2009= SLU2i-UP, iPod partial integration...can change songs, playslists, charge but NO song information displayed on the SC anyway. ***Biggest bonus here is that it has an "Accept" Welcome Screen bypass function that automatically selects the Accept button when your nav screen comes up every time you start your car! IMO that's worth the cost of the unit by itself!
2010 full integration...no aftermarket needed!

Last edited by scdroptop; 11-26-11 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-26-11, 01:17 PM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by scdroptop
If you want to keep your head unit, you have two choices, SLU and SLU2i-UP, depending on your year of SC. This explains the 2006 difference to a 2004. I've had both...check out their site below and my summary. Do a search as well, we have exhausted this topic.

Parrott I believe makes one too. Axxess may make one as well. I had one in my 2003 FX35 and loved it...I didn't even have nav in that car and it displayed full track information! Don't know if they make one for the SC. Read this sticky threat # 45...more info than you probably need! https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...e-sc430-3.html

And the Vais website:
http://www.vaistech.com/dev/home.php

Summary:

2002-2004= SLU, basic Aux cable...no integration, just digital play and no charging.
2005-2009= SLU2i-UP, iPod partial integration...can change songs, playslists, charge but NO song information displayed on the SC anyway. ***Biggest bonus here is that it has an "Accept" Welcome Screen bypass function that automatically selects the Accept button when your nav screen comes up every time you start your car! IMO that's worth the cost of the unit by itself!
2010 full integration...no aftermarket needed!
thanks for the advise. keep in mind a lot of people are new here so please be patient with us pleeeeeze. we are playing catch up with u guys.
Old 11-26-11, 05:00 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blakkazz30
thanks for the advise. keep in mind a lot of people are new here so please be patient with us pleeeeeze. we are playing catch up with u guys.
You can learn a lot by using the search function. Lots of information and many MANY man hours have been shared here innumerable times. Everyone here has had the same experience when they were a "n00b". We all caught up, you will too, but we all also had to learn, research and look for answers on our own too.

Join the group for real: look for answers and when you cannot find them, ask. There is SO much amazing information here it is unbelievable.

And the best part? ...when you get to meet the guys in person? It is an experience for sure! I met SCDROPTOP at a meet and having read gazillions of his posts, I totally GOT it. The guy knows his SCs. Lots of those folks here.
Old 11-26-11, 08:08 PM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

believe it or not, i have learned a lot and i have only been here a week. not only am i looking for information, but i also have some info to share as well. just new to CL & plan on being here for a while cause i luv my lex & enjoy the people here. so advise well taken, i just have to look a little longer through the thousands of posts to find what i want. no hard feelings.
Old 11-27-11, 10:01 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i wonder if you could hook up a head unit from a wrecked 06+ in an older model.

Quick Reply: 2004 sc430 w/ ipod intergration?