SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Just a Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-02, 01:43 PM
TRDGS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a Question

I recently took my SC430 to the hand car wash that I have gone to for years....when I left the car was I was a little pissed that there was a "haze" on the driverside window....I went back and demanded that they redue the window...they did, however....this "haze" is still on the window...you can only see it in the sunlight...it is sorta annoying....I have taken it to other places....same thing....has anyone else experinced this -or- have any insite....thanks in advance

-Kris
Old 10-10-02, 01:58 PM
tfischer

Received 217 Likes on 161 Posts
Default Hazy answer

Haze on car windows is always a big problem.

As far as I know, it comes from two sources. Stuff used to wash the window that does not readily come off. Windex and other window cleaners will leave this stuff on windows. Other haze forms on the inside of windows from chemicals released from (mostly) plastic parts in the car. This is mostly visible on the inside of windwhields probably because of plastic dashboards. Plastic in the seats don't help, but we don't have that problem in the SC. I don't know if leather is a contributor to this.

So what to do. I have found things that help, because you can wash and wash with windex and that kind of stuff and it does not really help. The first thing is use a glass polish from time to time. Zaino makes one that I have used and it is great. It is a light abrasive which takes off the haze, and you don't want to use it every day, just every few months as needed.

When my car was new, I could not get off a haze on the inside passenger window caused from the price sticker. Only the Zaino polish took this off. It works great on the inside of the windshield also. Highly recommended. I recently learned that Giros Garage has a similar product, but I have not used it.

As for regular glass cleaner, it seems that many auto detailers swear by Sprayaway Glass Cleaner. I had used a lot of different cleaners, even ones designed for auto glass, and none did too well. I recently got some of this Sprayaway, which only comes in aerosol cans, and it is great. It leaves almost no streaks or haze, and comes in a can that looks like it was designed in 1958. Also highly recommended.

Usually that haze just smears itself around, no matter what you do. I don't know why, but these two products are the best that I have found so far.

Even when driving into the sun.
Old 10-10-02, 04:01 PM
TRDGS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the prompt imput...I will look into these products...thanks again....

-Kris
Old 10-10-02, 10:16 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, just try waxing the windows...sounds silly, but try it out. Another thing, the problem with car washes is their towels. They are used over and over and if they get armor or something on it, forget about it. Bring a chamois with you, its what I do. Never let a towel hit my car.
Old 10-11-02, 03:08 AM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All,

I think the SC430 side windows are treated with a water repellant or something like that. Will cleaners on the outside of the side windows ruin this feature?

MAC