SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lexus.com Benefits

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-11, 08:44 AM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Lexus.com Benefits

Gang-not sure if you all knew this or not, but an OUTSTANDING benefit you get from joining www.lexus.com/owners and register your vehicle is that they send you one free copy of your ORIGINAL owner's manual!

My original owner's manual was getting a little worn (from previous owner) so I was playing around on the owner's site and saw that not only can you download the PDF owner's manual for free but also request a FREE full owner's manual and nav manual for your SC!!!

Here are the PDF's (for mine, 2005)
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-manual-search

And after you log in, you can also check your maintenance for your vehicle, add any personal maintenance you have done as well as request your free printed original owners manual!

I just got mine in the mail about a week after I requested it...in a fancy packet from Lexus Corporate!

Very very cool! Lexus Corporate understands the value of customers and really is dialed in on customer interface and marketing.

One other tip I have for you is to be sure to update your own maint or upgrades you do for your car. I put in my cabin filter change, my wheels, alignments and coilovers, bulbs, intake and any other mods or DIY I have done to keep a digital record of it, just in case!

You certainly cannot even begin to find anything about your Porsche online! I have a buddy who is looking at a used Carrera and just to get the maint records is a beating! My dad could only get the maint history from his Audi dealer that did the service, because their systems are not nationally connected for service histories! Then the dealer wanted $50 to send him a hard copy of the maint history! Lexus is all free, and all at your fingertips!

Not sure about other luxury mfg like BMW and MBZ. Infiniti has a pretty good dealer network, but you cannot go online like we can and look at your own stuff. You have to ask your dealer for it.
Old 12-08-11, 09:48 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Found out about this way early and so I have spare manuals. Great deal.
Old 12-08-11, 10:45 AM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't need a manual but I have always used their site to update my service history. Whenever I replace something myself....cabin filter, air filter, tires, brake pads etc., i update the car's service history on the maintenance I performed along with date and mileage so I have a permanent record. It's a great tool.
Old 12-08-11, 11:03 AM
scdroptop

No wonder why there are a ton of manuals on eBay!
Old 12-08-11, 11:40 AM
Cliff1F2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't see an option for ordering a navigation manual. How did you do that?
Old 12-08-11, 12:57 PM
scdroptop

You have to register. Register, put in your VIN and car name, then get your car maint history if you want, etc. then it's in the manuals and literature section. You have to verify your address, and there is a disclaimer that you can only get one every 30 days or something like that. PM me if you need help and can't find.