SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

rear seat cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-11, 11:22 PM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear seat cover

can anyone give any info on where i can find the rear seat cover like ''VVTiBob'' has in his car? i would really like to have one in mine.
Attached Thumbnails rear seat cover-256-4-.jpg  
Old 12-21-11, 04:16 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

hi
i don't think you will find one, they don't make it no more.
Old 12-21-11, 05:49 AM
toxic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder what a custom upholstery shop would charge and possibly give a group discount if enough wanted them? I would be game. I contacted Bob about his a while ago and the thing that put me off was having to sink screws into the car. I just didn't want to do that. When I talked to him it was still available in Japan if I remember correctly and it was only in black.
Old 12-21-11, 06:25 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

surely they have one somewhere available in the world. i have been searching the web for 2 days. black is the color im looking for. so if anyone runs into one, please let me know....im willing to pay top dollar for it.... in cash. lol
Old 12-21-11, 09:25 AM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

What do you mean by top dollar....I could be convinced if top really means TOP....

I'll also confirm Toxic's comment ...for correct installation you must install two permanent brackets to hold a bar which is necessary to go from horizontal to vertical with the cover. The brackets are molded ABS and "look factory OEM" but you are still penetrating the leather with screws.
One other drawback, the rear speakers and subwoofer are now behind two additional layers; the exterior cover you see in the photo above and an interior liner designed to protect the rear seat leather if you decide to use the area as an expanded trunk.

I'd suggest contacting Darrel at Sewell...not only are they a CL sponsor/vendor, but also sold the product in the past. He may information on the JDM vendor/supplier ... Lastly, if you do find one, the installation instructions were in Japanese only. Fortunately, the were also loaded with graphics which helped.
Old 12-21-11, 10:00 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
What do you mean by top dollar....I could be convinced if top really means TOP....

I'll also confirm Toxic's comment ...for correct installation you must install two permanent brackets to hold a bar which is necessary to go from horizontal to vertical with the cover. The brackets are molded ABS and "look factory OEM" but you are still penetrating the leather with screws.
One other drawback, the rear speakers and subwoofer are now behind two additional layers; the exterior cover you see in the photo above and an interior liner designed to protect the rear seat leather if you decide to use the area as an expanded trunk.

I'd suggest contacting Darrel at Sewell...not only are they a CL sponsor/vendor, but also sold the product in the past. He may information on the JDM vendor/supplier ... Lastly, if you do find one, the installation instructions were in Japanese only. Fortunately, the were also loaded with graphics which helped.
u told me what you gave for yours, if its in good shape, i would pay double for you to take it out now. i sent an email to sewell in fort worth & dallas, hopefully darell gets it, waiting on a reply. if i find one, i will let you all know where to find it at.
Old 12-21-11, 10:27 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blakkazz30
u told me what you gave for yours, if its in good shape, i would pay double for you to take it out now. i sent an email to sewell in fort worth & dallas, hopefully darell gets it, waiting on a reply. if i find one, i will let you all know where to find it at.
well guys, this is the original reply from darrel.....

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:03 PM, <lexusparts@sewell.com> wrote:
…they’ve been discontinued for years now. The few we had back in the day, we couldn’t give them away! They’re all gone now with no more to be found – at least not new.

It’s part number: 08435-24020-C0

Darrel Diller
Sewell Parts
Dallas, TX 75209
Old 12-21-11, 10:42 AM
toxic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try searching as a Soarer part.

TOXIC
Old 12-21-11, 11:45 AM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

You might be able to call these guys or e-mail them and see if there is still a way to get it:

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=26
Old 12-21-11, 12:05 PM
VVTiBob

Or respond back to Darrel and ask if he can give you the name of a vendor

And yes while I did mention in a PM my cost... Apparently, taking Darrel's word, these covers are of like rare coins, there's a limited supply making them valuable. You'd have to quadruple your offer. It's all about supply and demand baby. Unlike those idiot protesters on Wall Street, I'm all for capitalism and market dynamics.

I also forgot to mention there are four other penetration that need to be made. Two clip down studs on each side must be installed on the package shelf. If you go back to my photo site, and goto the shot from the rear of the cover you can seen the studs. The install kit came with a paper temple to mark out where holes were needed and I don't know if I still have it.

Last edited by VVTiBob; 12-21-11 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-21-11, 03:54 PM
VVTiBob

Blakkazz30
I'll beat the l-tuned parts price quoted on the site linked to by SCDROPTOP by at least 6k...maybe a bit more. I'll even throw in overnight shipping
Old 12-26-11, 04:27 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

LOL.....WOW!.......i don't want one that bad....... THAT'S RIDICULOUS
Old 01-04-12, 04:18 PM
Goldie0526
Driver School Candidate

Try Amazon. I thought I saw back set covers on there at one time. They may have been used, but I would guess that would be okay. Just a thought.
Old 01-05-12, 06:05 AM
blakkazz30
Driver School Candidate

thanks for shopping around buddy, i looked & didnt see anything that resembles it. i think ''VVTiBob'' has the only one left in the world......unless you want to pay $106836.54
Old 08-30-18, 11:19 PM
Obanster
Driver School Candidate

Default I just found a brand new one in the bag.Rear seat cover is going to be sold separatel

I just found a brand new one of the seat covers in the bag.
I have to take a look tomorrow and see what parts are included with it. But it’s the complete cover brand new and never been installed. It also includes some type of bar. The car is being sold and this Rear seat cover is going to be sold separately. I’m probably going to end up putting it on eBay. Anybody know what type of value it’s worth? Located in Northern California San Francisco bay area. Pictures available upon request.

Quick Reply: rear seat cover