SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Time to move to another vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-12 | 11:24 AM
carbuff
Driver

Default Time to move to another vehicle

The time has come for me to move from my 2008 Lexus SC430 to a vehicle that can hold a wheel chair and a walker. My SC does not fit that bill.

I would appreciate suggestions regarding the price I should ask for it.

My 2008 SC has 7, 500 miles on it, has been serviced by Lexus every six months since I bought it new (whether it needed service or not, Ha!).

The single after market accessory that I put in my SC is a rear view camera.

The car is perfectly spotless except for a fraying of the sun tint on the very lowest edge of the driver’s side windows. Otherwise, my SC is simply excellent .
Old 01-20-12 | 06:00 PM
scdroptop

Hi Carbuff-sorry to hear. I had a good friend that liked the room in a GX and he had a family member who had a wheelchair and walker FYI.

Your 2008 should get top dollar. I'd say ask for $45k and have your lowest threshold at $40k retail without knowing anything else about the car. If it needs nothing...all keys, books, paint is perfect, interior perfect, full folder of maint records, tires are good---maybe even more! There's a $49k 2008 at Naples Lexus that's a CPO. They would take your car as a trade in for probably $35k and CPO it for $49k and hope to get $42-$45k. If you are selling on your own, that pricing would be 12% less than the highest priced, lowest mileage dealer car out there that is CPO, but still among the top 1/3rd most expensive (as it should be due to the mileage), but would make a strong argument that your car is truly exceptional and truly "as new" which others cannot say that with 30k miles or more.

That's exceptionally low mileage so you are naturally worth much more than the average 2008 with 60k on it. Plus those cars are coming off three and four year leases and now are coming off warranty, so their prices drop steeply. Some things to think about.

Oh, PS---throw away the book values on your car because the miles are so rediculously low you are looking for a car collector museum queen shopper at this point, not a used car shopper...they'll buy the $35k from the wholesaler that's been painted!

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/used/20...ce&sf2Dir=DESC
Old 01-20-12 | 06:47 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

yea basically a new car in 2010 i paid 30k for an 04 with 8,000 miles which was in like new condition, that being said since yours is 06+ i would at least say you can get 40-45k to the right buyer. Oh and my friend bought a range rover sport which has the air suspension so you can drop the car for people to get in and to load things, im sure other SUVs have this I would recccomend it!
Old 01-21-12 | 12:33 AM
carbuff
Driver

My thanks to both of you!
Old 01-21-12 | 10:21 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear about the need for a change and especially the reason behind it. I hope all is well for you and best of luck. I hope you find a great replacement.
Old 01-21-12 | 01:01 PM
carbuff
Driver

Thank you Harold.
Old 01-21-12 | 02:00 PM
yodawise
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Once you own a fine driving machine, it is near impossible to go elsewhere...keep the car and hire a driver if possible, there are lightweight collapsible wheelchairs that would fit in the back seat too....
Old 01-23-12 | 09:52 AM
mandyfig

We would be interested to see what it looks like, have any pics to post?
Old 01-23-12 | 10:14 AM
carbuff
Driver

Thank you for responding.

I have just posted a few photos to:

http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/s...view=slideshow

The photo of the rear license plate shows the rear view camera attached directly above the plate.

The photo of the GPS and radio shows the rear camera view as I back out of my garage.

If more photos are needed, let me know and I will take some more shots.

Last edited by carbuff; 01-24-12 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Added a few more photos
Old 02-11-12 | 02:20 PM
carbuff
Driver

Since my last post on January 23, I have had an adventure.

The morning of January 24 I rushed my wife to the ER at our local hospital. She was in ER for seven hours and then taken to a floor awaiting emergency surgery.

I stopped to the nurse's station to have a cup of coffee. There were five nurses there. One gave me a cup and the next thing I knew, I was looking up at five female faces. I had collapsed suffering a heart block.

They had a rush team take me to ER where a group worked on me for twenty minutes bringing my heart beat up to 20 by employing external pacemakers that jolted me constantly. Next, they took me into an OR where a surgeon installed a pacemaker in me.

I was told that if I had not been in a hospital with nurses at my side and an ER with a cardiac team, I would not have lived to see the Fire Dept response.

I spent two days in ICU and was released. My wife had successful surgery and is now in a care center.

We are both recovering.

Once I was a skeptic. Not now. I KNOW that it was DEVINE INTERVENTION that had me take my wife to the ER and that I was in the best of all possible places to have this catastrophic heart event.

Oh yes, I found a walker for my wife that will fit in the trunk of my SC430.

It is thankfully no longer for sale.

My regards to all.

Last edited by carbuff; 02-11-12 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-11-12 | 03:18 PM
bacardi
Lead Lap

carbuff
glad to here the 430sc is staying and your wifes ok and yourself too.
Old 02-11-12 | 03:42 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

wow that is quite the adventure, glad to hear you are both ok! on top of that you get to keep the car by the way it looks very sharp you would have had no problem selling especially not in Arizona.
Old 02-11-12 | 05:50 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Yes, the Lord works in mysterious ways. Fortunately for you, He brought a lot of folks together at a really good location too. I'm glad to hear you both made it through this ordeal and are recovering now. Pretty cool that you got to keep the ole SC430 too. I'm praying that both of your recoveries are quick.
Old 02-12-12 | 06:58 AM
mandyfig

carbuff you are indeed right with the intervention! Have faith and you shall not waiver.
Old 02-14-12 | 03:44 PM
carbuff
Driver

I thank each of you who have responded. Your good thoughts for my wife and me are sincerely appreciated!

Quick Reply: Time to move to another vehicle