SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

beatsonic nvk-01 nav overide kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-12, 05:39 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default beatsonic nvk-01 nav overide kit

I ordered the beatsonic nvk-01 nav overide. I want to swap out the provided switch with a smaller toggle switch maybe a rocker switch. I am not sure where to locate the new switch in so far as where is the best most accessabile place to put it. I read the DIY on the gs 350 install but the sc430 does not have the physical space on the consol . The standard switch that comes with the kit seems a bit large and the proposed site of under the dash below ignition switch seems hard to reach. Has anyone installed this kit in there sc430 and if so where did you locate the switch.

BUDDY
Old 02-05-12, 08:13 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
I ordered the beatsonic nvk-01 nav overide. I want to swap out the provided switch with a smaller toggle switch maybe a rocker switch. I am not sure where to locate the new switch in so far as where is the best most accessabile place to put it. I read the DIY on the gs 350 install but the sc430 does not have the physical space on the consol . The standard switch that comes with the kit seems a bit large and the proposed site of under the dash below ignition switch seems hard to reach. Has anyone installed this kit in there sc430 and if so where did you locate the switch.

BUDDY

Buddy,

Here's the solution that JohnnyCake and I came up with for the switch for the Beatsonic Override Kit

****Habious laughs hysterically****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDS-ik1iMnU
(Apologies for the nighttime, low-quality video...we were trying to just get this finished and, thanks to a late start and a few surprises during the install, we ended up missing the first 1/2 of the Super Bowl to get this done. The video was quick-and-dirty using my cell phone camera.)

For a How-To guide, see this thread here (I originally used this idea for the NavTool toggle for my CarPC)
Old 02-06-12, 03:38 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Habious
Here's the solution that JohnnyCake and I came up
My contribution to the solution was to remain quiet while Habious was thinking.

Seriously, it takes some smarts to be able to look at an integrated circuit board and figure out where the switch path is. It takes even bigger ***** to take a knife and irrevocably modify a $1200.00 circuit board.

But it is way cool to use the OPEN switch (which is otherwise useless when the door is already open) to toggle the NAV override.
Old 02-07-12, 06:00 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
My contribution to the solution was to remain quiet while Habious was thinking.

Seriously, it takes some smarts to be able to look at an integrated circuit board and figure out where the switch path is. It takes even bigger ***** to take a knife and irrevocably modify a $1200.00 circuit board.

But it is way cool to use the OPEN switch (which is otherwise useless when the door is already open) to toggle the NAV override.
It's not that scary...when it's someone else's!!!
Old 02-07-12, 09:56 AM
VVTiBob

Received 267 Likes on 203 Posts

It's one thing when it's your own stuff, but I think it's more scary when working on things that don't belong to you. Glad to see once again it all worked out well. And it's a very cool mod too.
Old 02-07-12, 11:11 AM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, that how-to guide by Habious was an extremely interesting read. Very nice!