SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Car Colors

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-02, 12:29 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car Colors

Okay, okay ... I know this is a bunch of bull and about as meaningful as newspaper horoscopes, but just for fun, here's what an article in that Sunday rag, USA Weekend, had to say about people and the car colors they choose.

Red - you're assertive (or aggressive) and strong.

Silver - You ooze class. The No.1 car color (it passed white for the first time in 2001), silver represents speed, power, and success - which is why it's the favorite color of baby boomers (age 38 to 56)

White - a longtime favorite and the color of rental cars. People under 65 in a white car like to blend in. For the elderly, white harks back to the elegance and wealth of the 1920s.

Black - Power/aggression sums it up. The top choice for ages 24 to 37 and one of the top colors targeted by thieves (along with red).

Blue - you're conservative, middle of the road. Blue always seems to be No. 5 or 6 on lists of the top 10 car colors

Green - See blue, and add a touch of environmentalism.
Old 10-20-02, 01:15 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess we ooz class Ed. Do they make an ointment for that ?
Old 10-20-02, 03:35 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Yeah .... pigfat .... makes a good oinkment.

FYI ...
Adirondacks and Catskills are at 100% peak colors. My area is at about 50% and your area is just beginning to change (but you already know that).

Here's a pic of my SC's winter home ...
Attached Thumbnails Car Colors-dscf0001.jpg  
Old 10-20-02, 10:01 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default o.k.

did they list what it said for yellow car color?
Old 10-20-02, 11:54 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

I guess I like to blend in, thank god for the my white SC!!!

Dont these people ever think, maybe I liked that color. And who makes a white car these days.....whats it called pearl or something.
Old 10-21-02, 02:37 AM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awww, I'm too young to be conservative!!!
Old 10-21-02, 08:36 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

ceboyd ...

I didn't include the two remaining colors, yellow and orange, because none of us have that color SC (I think). Here's what they said about those two ...

Yellow - It screams "Look at me!" - which is why you don't see it on family sedans. It's for sporty SUVs and expensive sports cars, in which it also says, "I'm so rich, I don't care what you think" (example, a $50,370 Corvette convertible)

Orange - You're on top of the trends. Orange (in many variations) is a key new color in 2003. GM has "sunset orange metallic" pickups; Mercedes-Benz offers a "paprika metallic" C-class sports coupe.
Old 10-21-02, 09:52 AM
tfischer

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts
Default On the other hand

It's more simple than that.

Black is for men.

White cars are for women.

Red is for men with big *****.

Silver is not really a color at all; silver I think is for people who are not sure what color car they want.

Blue, green, bronze, etc. and nice colors for nice people, or are colors that were available on the lot.

I could be wrong on this.
Old 10-21-02, 01:39 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default I know

But if the SC were available in Solor Yellow (Like the IS300) I would have bought it instead of the red!
Old 10-21-02, 01:47 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

fischer ...

>I could be wrong on this.<

You're right about that!
Old 10-21-02, 03:04 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default lol

I also remember seeing something about the brand of car you drive saying something about you...

stuff like Volvo being owned by conservative safety minded individuals while SAAB being owned by yuppies who don't want to be like all their fellow yuppies in BMWs etc. etc.

BUT I also remember the Chicago Tribune doing a little analysis on colors and they had other stuff to say that went something like this:

RED: Flashy, Type A, Look at Me!
WHITE: Practical, blend into the crowd, easy to clean, easy to see
Yellow: Safety minded OR Individualistic
Black: corporate success; classy

...and I just don't remeber the rest.. oh well
Old 10-21-02, 04:17 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

OOh, OOh, pick me, pick me !! I know the true reason for choosing silver cars !

They are the easiest to keep clean and look the best when waxed and polished (especially when dust and pollen settle on the hood and roof).

All my cars are silver...the Lex, the G35 and my spankin' new little Hyundai. Last year all my cars were white........the NSX, the I30 and the Daewoo. The silver ones are much easier to maintain. Yesterday I cleaned each and every one, and they sparkle like (you guessed it, ) Silver !!

Thanks for the leaf update Ed. Cool place your car sleeps in the winter. Looks nice and comfy/cozy. It it heated ?

Oh yeah, "pigfat" "oinkment" ? LOL ! I like that.
Old 10-21-02, 05:18 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Default Love silver

I agree with you about silver, Larry. My first silver car was my '72 240Z which impressed me the way it hid dirt, but was sparkling when clean.

The garage is not heated, but it has eave vents and a ridge vent to keep air circulating. Because it's a new garage, I put down plastic to keep the moisture in the concrete floor from rising to the underside of the car. I also hook up a BatteryTender to keep the battery charged.

It's this terrific forum and the helpful folks in it who recommended doing all that and also recommended what car cover to buy and what the heck a BatteryTender was (I didn't have the foggiest idea).

BTW - I asked my service manager what the most common problem he saw with the SC - dead batteries on cars owned by people who put them away for the winter.
Old 10-21-02, 05:42 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

You didn't know what "battery tender" was ? Didn't you ever see the movie or read the story "Of Mice and Men" ? Remember when Lenny said to George ".........tell me about the batteries George" and "I get to tend the batteries, right George ?"

Are you not going to drive at all during the winter ? As long as the weather is nice and dry and there's no residual snow on the ground, I'll be cruising on occasion. I like those cold clear winter days when the sky is flame blue and the heated seats are crankin'.

You're right, this is a great forum. Lot's of nice folks with good stories and helpful hints.

Hey, how many miles is from your house to that garage anyway ??
Old 10-21-02, 06:01 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

I was only one when that movie played - I was crying and the usher made my mother leave.

Last year, I turned in my plates and suspended my insurance, but it was such a mild winter, I could have driven that car fifty times! This year I'll attach the battery tender but will leave the insurance and plates on. This means to watch out - we'll have snow from November until April.

The wide angle lens does make it look like the garage is quite a distance away, but it's only about 80 feet from the house.
Attached Thumbnails Car Colors-ofmice.jpg  

Quick Reply: Car Colors