SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC with 18-in 5-Spoke, Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-12, 10:58 AM
rocketfish
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC with 18-in 5-Spoke, Chrome

I see people are still buying this car so I wanted to contribute a little about my pick in a chrome wheel for it. The tires I got from tirerack I think it was the continentals they give good pricing. I had it delivered to STS tire, they called me up and put it on my new wheels that I ordered from sewell.

I ordered my wheels from sewell because Lexus has a specific "hub bore" and most aftermarket whheels require a "hub bore modidifications like spacers and such to get it to adapt to your car. I've done this before and it leads to horrible steering wheel shake around 50-70 mph and I'm always on the highway.

So I went to the sewell site, link below. It was hard to find a stock chrome wheel in the pictures that I could like and justify putting money on. I did some photoshop stuff to see how it would look. Finally I jumped on the 5-spoke because I liked the look of the wheel it is broad and solid looking plus its chrome which I wanted.

This wheel is chrome and then it has a little greyish cap that goes over the wheel to give it a two tone look. chrome on teh outside with a greyish 5 spoke middle.

Well I took off the 5 spoke middle to see how it would look. I like the look of it without the greyish plate on it.

So here are some pics in case your looking for a wheel.
taking off the middle cap makes the chrome blink a lot more because there's more chrome surface

Link to sewell site for stock sc430 wheels
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2004/2971.html
Old 03-06-12, 12:08 PM
mtnduc
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got those same rims on my Silver 06 SC430.
I like the two tone titanium center w/chrome outers look.
Last weekend I experimented with black duct tape to see how it would look with the inserts in gloss black, jury is still out on this.
If it's nice again this weekend I'll do it again and post some pics.

I saw a guy on eBay selling the inserts in black for under $80 a set.
Old 03-07-12, 07:41 PM
jzwu
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a good price. The wheels are kinda heavy at around 27 lbs each.