SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-12 | 12:14 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Great job Liquid, perfect fit and finish, your car is so clean.

Best reards
Steve
Old 04-27-12 | 08:46 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Liquid - does the AC kit include side skirts? If you can I would love to see a side picture.
Old 04-29-12 | 05:13 PM
Yes

Originally Posted by WIL44
Great job Liquid, perfect fit and finish, your car is so clean.

Best reards
Steve
Thanks. Yours is looking really nice too. Now that I have the kit on, I'm seeing the advantage of your air suspension. I scraped the underneath of the front bumper a couple times. Luckily you can't see it unless you stick your head under the car. Which is hard to do with four inches of clearance.
Old 04-29-12 | 05:18 PM
Yes

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Liquid - does the AC kit include side skirts? If you can I would love to see a side picture.
It doesn't have side skirts, but it's designed to flow pretty well without them. Someone (Talwang I think) posted a shot of an AC kit with different side skirts that looked nice. Might be in the "which kit do you like best" thread. Don't remember for sure.

Old 04-29-12 | 06:25 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
It doesn't have side skirts, but it's designed to flow pretty well without them. Someone (Talwang I think) posted a shot of an AC kit with different side skirts that looked nice. Might be in the "which kit do you like best" thread. Don't remember for sure.

Very nice! Yes flow looks good.
Old 04-30-12 | 12:03 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Thanks. Yours is looking really nice too. Now that I have the kit on, I'm seeing the advantage of your air suspension. I scraped the underneath of the front bumper a couple times. Luckily you can't see it unless you stick your head under the car. Which is hard to do with four inches of clearance.
Hi Liquid

I scraped mine a couple of times too, and that was with a standard bumper.
Now that I have the air I can take the car anywhere which is great.
I still tense up going over speed bumps even with the car raised as I am so used to it grounding out. I am sure I will soon be confident that it won't hit and be a little more relaxed.

Side view is great and as you say it does not need side skirts as it seems to flow perfectly and your wheels make the car look great.

Best regards
Steve
Old 04-30-12 | 12:43 PM
nktuner
Rookie

Nice Looking ! I like the silver too !
Old 05-01-12 | 05:03 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

looks great, my car should be done tomorrow. Ive never been able to tell the difference between the 06+ headlights...maybe ive just seen bad pics.
Old 05-01-12 | 06:23 PM
Yes

Originally Posted by robertrios
looks great, my car should be done tomorrow. Ive never been able to tell the difference between the 06+ headlights...maybe ive just seen bad pics.
Thanks. The design on the interior of the lights is a little cleaner on 06+. If I could find an undamaged pair at a reasonable price, I would consider buying them. But every pair I've seen on ebay has broken mounting tabs. Wasn't worth it to me to mess with it.
Old 05-01-12 | 06:40 PM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Thanks. The design on the interior of the lights is a little cleaner on 06+. If I could find an undamaged pair at a reasonable price, I would consider buying them. But every pair I've seen on ebay has broken mounting tabs. Wasn't worth it to me to mess with it.
I'm with you on that one, first pair I bought had some broken tabs and I didn't want to bother making my own tabs. Ended up finding a mint set but they cost way more. Just keep looking and they're bound to pop up.
Old 05-02-12 | 09:46 AM
VegasSC430
Rookie

Don't the '06+ lights fit different? Seems like your kit wouldn't look as good in the front if you changed lights. I think it looks sweet. I might have to copy it since I have the same color SC. Nice job!
Old 05-02-12 | 09:57 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Car looks great. The lights are shaped just a tad different but yes they light itself is so much cleaner looking.

Last edited by IcEnPinKi; 05-02-12 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-02-12 | 10:03 AM
M K S
Lead Lap

Looking good, how's the kit holding up?
Old 05-02-12 | 10:12 AM
Yes

Originally Posted by VegasSC430
Don't the '06+ lights fit different? Seems like your kit wouldn't look as good in the front if you changed lights. I think it looks sweet. I might have to copy it since I have the same color SC. Nice job!
Thanks. The inside corners extend out a little bit further, so I'd have to trim the bumper a bit to make it look right. Which would mean repainting it. Which would be more work than I think it's worth.
Old 05-02-12 | 10:16 AM
Yes

Originally Posted by M K S
Looking good, how's the kit holding up?
So far, so good. It's fiberglass, so I'm always a bit nervous I'll come out and find someone bumped it. I try to avoid parallel parking in tight spaces. I've scraped the bottom of the from bumper a couple times, but no damage.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon