SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Vis wald rep kit..thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-12 | 11:40 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Yea I wasnt in a hurry at all, but the shop explained the same thing. Sending new part outs will not fix the problem. So its as simple as will you save money, yes maybe a few hundred bucks 300-400 max. I dont see how it can be more. In some situations maybe you wont save that much. If you just paint it and slap it on as is then youll save a ton of cash but it will look like crap.

Also exchanging parts will not impact the little holes all over the product, which I never complained about to ED. I complained about the fitment only. I think I explained it best when I told ED's customer service that exchanging parts is a waste of my time and a waste of my time is a waste of my money. I dont want to discourage anyone from buying this if they want to save some cash but dont expect things to just luckily fit for you its going to be about the same. If you go into it knowing the costs and the process then you wont be dissapointed. If you want to save time and headaches at the expense of some extra money I recommend going authentic.

Also ED was able to credit me a small amount of money but that partial refund covered less than 10% of the amount of cost that was put into the kit to make it acceptable to my own standards. However ill say it again everyone is different.
Old 05-17-12 | 04:49 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

Help me out here. Some of these kits don't appear to be a lot different from the original car. I understand modifications to the front bumper but the sides seem to be about the same. Was there damage to the original car? If it's so difficult to get the kit lined up and looking clean then why bother? The custom jobs look pretty neat like the 4 exhaust pipe system I saw somewhere here. I understand some people's need to lower the cars and add bigger wheels but I'm personally comfortable with the way the cars look stock. I know it's all individual preference but the kits don't seem that different.??
Old 05-17-12 | 06:33 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

i choose mine because it was not obviously non oem, there are alot where you can tell. If mine is next to another one you can tell the difference alot. It makes the car wider and lower, you would have to see it in person. If you enjoy how yours looks from the factory then this is not for you.
Old 05-17-12 | 07:14 PM
Yes

Part of the reason for a body kit is that 20" wheels look a little large for the car. The kit is lower to the ground and balances it out.

The difference in the side skirts would be more obvious on a lighter color car. It's probably more obvious in person, but gets lost in the shadows on dark cars.

The main reason I bought my kit is I never really liked the 02-05 front bumper.
Old 05-18-12 | 06:40 AM
barncat
Lead Lap

OK, thanks! I MAY remove the front badge on mine but that's about it. How does the clear vinyl covering work for stone chips and bugs? They are quoting over $400 to do the bumper only. Seems like a lot although I understand it takes a while (like 4 hours) to get it on right.
Old 05-18-12 | 07:39 AM
Yes

I haven't had paint protection put on yet, but I've heard it works really well. I was quoted $325 for my front bumper. Things tend to run a little cheaper than average in NM, so $400 is probably about right for PA.
Old 05-18-12 | 09:20 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Sorry Robert, I must have misunderstood you. For some reason I remember you saying you were on a time crunch because your car was already at the body shop and you couldn't wait 1-2 weeks for a new piece. I am sure the option was offered to you at some point though.

If the kit you receive has fitment issues, it doesn't necessarily mean that the next one you get would be the same way. Anytime you buyer a Duraflex, FRP, Fiberglass body kit, the pieces are made by hand. They are also trimmed by hand. So no two pieces are ever exactly the same, if that makes sense. The next one we send you could be 10x better.

I thank you for your feedback and if you ever need anything else I will be more then happy to give you a great price.
Old 05-18-12 | 05:48 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

I have the ED VIP front lip (bought before I joined CL) and the fitment was close enough. I later tried the side skirts but they were so far off we didn't want to force it that much. I will say that as stated ED fully refunded that purchase. When I can I may go with the Berhman kit or perhaps add only the skirts and rear lip to what I have. I really like the Tom's rear bumper and double enhaust ... But that will have to wait.

Liquid - love your new look. At some point i will want to upgrade the entire front bumper vs adding a lip.
Old 05-19-12 | 07:00 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

it seems easier to do whole bumpers, flows nice too!