SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Navigation stuck on updating. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-12, 04:53 PM
DjMidas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation stuck on updating. HELP

Navigation screen reads, "Please wait while system is updating" with Asian letters above the top.

I bought the car used with like this... it had an older navi DVD in the player so I got the Gen 3 v10.1 DVD. When I put it in..... same thing.

Anyone have any idea on what to do????
Old 05-05-12, 04:55 PM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

OEM DVD??? or a boot legged one? What year is your car? And is it the OEM NAV ECU?
Old 05-05-12, 04:58 PM
DjMidas
Driver School Candidate

02 SC430. I have original older version and bootleg v.10.1 The 10.1 works fine in my 02 LS430. Ive tried 4 dif Navi DVDs..... nada. What is ECU?
Old 05-05-12, 05:17 PM
DjMidas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
OEM DVD??? or a boot legged one? What year is your car? And is it the OEM NAV ECU?
Just read up on ECU reset.... Going to try right now.
Old 05-05-12, 05:27 PM
DjMidas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DjMidas
Just read up on ECU reset.... Going to try right now.
Just tried it. Cleared my check engine light but Navi is still the same.
Old 05-05-12, 05:38 PM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

The NAV ECU (electronic or engine control unit) is the NAV DVD player. If you have a GEN 2/3 NAV Unit which would be the OEM unit for a 2002 vehicle and a previous owner upgraded the disk to something newer than the original then the firmware was modified by that upgrade. This means it is no longer backwards compatible (a warning was on the upgrade at the time.)
If you have bootlegged software, which we don't condone or discuss here on CL, then its more than likely the DVD itself, i.e. dbl layer single layer etc is not readable by the NAV ECU. Many members have run into this problem. Since we do not condone copying or using bootlegged software all I can suggest is getting a legitimate disk.
Old 05-05-12, 05:51 PM
DjMidas
Driver School Candidate

The NAV ECU (electronic or engine control unit) is the NAV DVD player. If you have a GEN 2/3 NAV Unit which would be the OEM unit for a 2002 vehicle and a previous owner upgraded the disk to something newer than the original then the firmware was modified by that upgrade. This means it is no longer backwards compatible (a warning was on the upgrade at the time.)
If you have bootlegged software, which we don't condone or discuss here on CL, then its more than likely the DVD itself, i.e. dbl layer single layer etc is not readable by the NAV ECU. Many members have run into this problem. Since we do not condone copying or using bootlegged software all I can suggest is getting a legitimate disk.
Yes I actually tried two OEM discs 1st. The one that came with my SC430 and the one that came with my LS430. I am aware that once you update you can't downgrade firmware. I ordered the newest OEM NAVI DVD off Ebay and just tried a bootleg while waiting for newest version to arrive.

I tried the ECU resent key and gas pedel method. Is there a reset button on the back of my ECU? If not should I try and drain the battery all the way down..... I tried disconnect for 5 mins.

Oh FYI. The dual layer DVD worked fine on the LS430.... but will replace with newest ver when UPS knocks on the door.... (never cared for bootlegs.... too glitchy... just for test purposes only).
Old 05-05-12, 05:56 PM
DjMidas
Driver School Candidate

Also.... I am sorry about the bootleg convo.... I am new to this site and will keep it on the straight and narrow from now on. Thank you.