SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Looking for a 'Big Brake Kit'...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-02, 10:41 PM
XeetBMW330ci
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a 'Big Brake Kit'...

I'm looking for a big brake kit, does anyone know what the best one to get would be?

Thanks in advance,
Drew.
Old 11-15-02, 03:30 AM
digital_wu
Driver School Candidate

how about a set of endless brake kit??

http://www.endless-sport.co.jp/

expensive, good! JDM!
Old 11-15-02, 05:14 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The best will be Brembo
Old 11-15-02, 01:38 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default soo

has anyone here upgraded their SC430 brakes with Brembo's or something else?

I'd love to see photos if you have ESPECIALLY with nice aftermarket wheels that show off the NEW brakes!!!!
Old 11-15-02, 08:03 PM
TOPLEXS
Driver

Cool

I trust you are interested in a "big" brake kit to enhance the looks of your car. The stock brakes are fantastic. 60-0 in 112 ft. No fade, even with track experience. Smooth, powerful and silent. Brake ducting is icing on the cake. I cannot believe the car will be enhanced with a "big" brake kit, other than cosmetically.
If you are interested in a "maximum performance" braking system, the people at StopTech would be worth talking to.
The braking system would be dependent on the size wheel you would be considering. I am assuming you will be changing wheels as the stock "pie plates" would cover up any stock tire brake installation.
Old 11-15-02, 08:39 PM
XeetBMW330ci
Rookie

Originally posted by TOPLEXS
I trust you are interested in a "big" brake kit to enhance the looks of your car. The stock brakes are fantastic. 60-0 in 112 ft. No fade, even with track experience. Smooth, powerful and silent. Brake ducting is icing on the cake. I cannot believe the car will be enhanced with a "big" brake kit, other than cosmetically.
If you are interested in a "maximum performance" braking system, the people at StopTech would be worth talking to.
The braking system would be dependent on the size wheel you would be considering. I am assuming you will be changing wheels as the stock "pie plates" would cover up any stock tire brake installation.
I agree the stock brakes are fantastic. However, they will fade. The stock breaks are not better than Brembos; to think that they are would be proposterous. Plus, a lot of performance 'mods' have a lot to do with looks; such is the case with my search for a brake kit. Maybe I shouldn't have use the words 'big brake kit', it sounds gimmicky. By putting better parts on the SC430, I don't mean to offend the Lexus righteous...
Old 11-16-02, 02:27 AM
IS Pilot
Driver

XeetBMW330ci, You may contact us concerning all Lexus/StopTech applications. We have a new SC430 kit available now. As you may well now one lap around a track and your factory rotors are toasted . My email is mike @prolexperformance.com or you may call us direct 866-8-ProLex ext. 1#.
Thank You
Mike Clark
PLP

Mike @ Pro Lex Performance, if you wish to advertise your services and products here on ClubLexus, you must contact the administrator, Static911. Thank you.

4. No "dealers" or vendors of any kind without the Administrator's approval.

Last edited by LS400; 11-16-02 at 02:41 AM.
Old 11-16-02, 06:01 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Most of the kits that fit the other RWD Lexus chassis can be fitted to the SC430 as well. The chassis is very similar to the 98-up GS.

We do have quite a few options available, you can email me directly if you have any specific questions, todd@tmengineering.net

You might want to check with Steve at Carson Toyota as well, he may have some special pricing going on.

Todd Matsubara
TM Engineering LLC
www.tmengineering.net
Old 11-16-02, 10:14 PM
TOPLEXS
Driver

"As you may well now one lap around a track and your factory rotors are toasted"
Not even close. The stock brakes are up to track use. What is not up to track use is the VSC which keeps putting on the brakes to straighten out the car when the driver wishes to toss it around a little. Even when shut off the system will interven going through "esses".

No offense to anyone wishing to upgrade their braking systems, however I would be certain that their stock system is inadequate prior to investing in a more sturdy system.

The VSC is calibrated to the stock system. I do not know what would be the results if a more capable system is installed.

I have lots of Viper buddies who rave about the StopTech system. Greatly reduced fade, and better brake bias. (Track usage).

If you are just interested in a system to make your car look meaner, then just buy the ones which look the best to you.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a 'Big Brake Kit'...-lexus.jpg  
Old 11-18-02, 07:10 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Like Todd said most of the GS brake upgrades will work on the SC430.. Supra TT is an inexpensive upgrade then you can move up to Manaray's 6 piston Wilwood package (Confirm with him thou if this will work).. Hope that helps!