SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Sub frame connectors???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-12 | 09:10 PM
mdpuff
Driver

Default Sub frame connectors???

Hey there, just wondering if anyone here has any information on sub frame connectors, there is such a difference in the stiffness of my SC between when the top is up and when it's down, top down I can really feel the twist of the uni-body going over bumps and it's solid with the top up. I know this is normal but I don't like it, just feels so loose! If I could find some sub frame connectors I'm sure it would stiffen things up quite a bit. Any help in locating some would be greatly appreciated other wise I would have to fabricate some.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-14-12 | 09:59 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Check out the Tom's suspension equipment.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st...=7&model_id=27

I have a Cusco strut tower brace and the ITunes rear member brace. I haven't seen many posts about these lower body connectors but I did see one post that suggested the 6-link parts helped the most.
Old 08-15-12 | 03:45 PM
mdpuff
Driver

Thanks a bunch, I will check it out. I still would prefer sub frame connectors as I'm trying to stiffen up the chassis flex with the top down rather than tightening up the suspension for handling. I'm not a corner carver so I'm happy with the handling the way it is.

Thanks again,
mdpuff.
Old 08-16-12 | 04:53 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mdpuff
Thanks a bunch, I will check it out. I still would prefer sub frame connectors as I'm trying to stiffen up the chassis flex with the top down rather than tightening up the suspension for handling. I'm not a corner carver so I'm happy with the handling the way it is.

Thanks again,
mdpuff.
You will find sub-frame connectors too from Tom's. They should do the job. I saw other smaller ones on the Tom's site in Japan I think.