SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Who here has done performance mods?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-02, 05:59 PM
XeetBMW330ci
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who here has done performance mods?

Who here has done performance mods (not suspension or aerodynamics)?

What's the best way to get more power from the car?

Are tuners able to squeeze more HP out of the engine via software? (Software for my 330ci is worthless, as the engine is completely tuned.)

(Again, flame suit is on due to the mod haters on here. )
Old 11-24-02, 12:48 AM
dingo
Driver

With a car as limited in production as this one is and the fact that its not a Corvette - its a luxury sports coupe with a roof that happens to fold away - I doubt if there is much of a market for the after market guys to chew on in terms of customers. They're all flocking to the 350Z and the Hondas.

YMMV..
Old 11-24-02, 02:05 AM
digital_wu
Driver School Candidate

Blitz superchargers!!!
www.blitz-na.com
BLitx, TRD, Toms, etc exhaust
supposedly you should be able to get the supercharger next spring.

SC430 is a relatively new car and we have to wait for the Japanese tuners to do something.

if you want, you can always custom make it. It will be one of a kind anyways.
Old 11-24-02, 02:16 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by digital_wu
Blitz superchargers!!!
www.blitz-na.com
BLitx, TRD, Toms, etc exhaust
supposedly you should be able to get the supercharger next spring.

SC430 is a relatively new car and we have to wait for the Japanese tuners to do something.

if you want, you can always custom make it. It will be one of a kind anyways.
The Blitz Twin-Superchargers give the SC430 about 537hp at the flywheel, pretty nice

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...s&pagenumber=1

Last edited by JAC JZS; 11-24-02 at 02:19 AM.
Old 11-24-02, 02:54 AM
XeetBMW330ci
Rookie

Originally posted by dingo
With a car as limited in production as this one is and the fact that its not a Corvette - its a luxury sports coupe with a roof that happens to fold away - I doubt if there is much of a market for the after market guys to chew on in terms of customers. They're all flocking to the 350Z and the Hondas.

YMMV..
Take it easy man! I think it is quite obvious that this car is a luxury car before it is anything else. (This is the mod hatin' that I was putting my flame suit on for! )

Plus, there is ALWAYS a small aftermarket for >$60k cars... <$35k cars will obviously have a bigger aftermarket. (However, I doubt the 350Z has a sizable one at this point in the game.)

On to the suggestion at hand... I read the post about the supercharger, but I was curious if anyone has more info on it. (what's included, dyno charts, etc...) ...but WOW 537hp, that is definately impressive.

So, I take it no one has really done anything to give their luxury car (put that in for you dingo ) more power?

I have seen things like the Injen CAI, anything good or bad to say about this?
Old 11-24-02, 11:40 AM
dingo
Driver

Well duude,

If you think that was a flame then you haven't ever been really flamed..

My tone was measured and mild. You need to calm down and put the top down and smell the roses..
Old 11-24-02, 07:05 PM
digital_wu
Driver School Candidate

yeah, compared what they did to me earlier on, what he said was nothing..

I guess dingo's point is valid, but if you are a true tuning enthusiast, I think you know that modding the parts that have not been modded before is where the fun is
Old 11-24-02, 09:57 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are no mods for this car. My Supra had many mods for it, but probably only a 1/5 of the amount civics and integras had. People dont like messing with $60k sports cars, and if they do they have plenty of money to go custom. You can get everything made from a performance shop if you want to spend the money. In fact that could probably turn it into a boat if you want. Its is simple to buy a $43k Corvette and dump the remaining $20k into it, you would have an all out rocket. Now I am not flaming either, but if I see one more 1980 station wagon with fake HID bulbs in it, I might just have to start.
Old 11-24-02, 11:07 PM
XeetBMW330ci
Rookie

Originally posted by digital_wu
I think you know that modding the parts that have not been modded before is where the fun is
Right on!
Old 11-28-02, 06:04 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Just because the SC cost 60k isn't the reason why not that many companies make aftermarket stuff for it. It's because it's a Lexus aimed at 55 and up crowd. I said aimed not that all SC owners are old. There are alot of cars that cost 60k that they make performance stuff for. Clk430 just happened to be one. Call Stillen and he has everything you want for it. Also the SC430 is a Luxury GT car. It needs more power and agrresive handeling. Just look at it's competion. BenzSL, Jag XK8&R,Porshce 911 (none turbo)
Old 11-28-02, 06:35 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

APlus-

I'm WAY under 55 years old and so are most of the people I've seen driving SC430's in my area of the country. Also, just read an article in one of the auto mags saying the top mid-life crisis cars are Benz SL, Porsche Boxster, and Jag XK8. Didn't see the SC430 on the list. Hmmm. Go have some turkey.
Old 11-29-02, 12:00 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

dseag2

This is why I said aimed at. I know alot of SC drivers are under 55. Hell I am 21 and I am getting rid of my GS for A SC430. I love the car but auto companies don't aim cars like this to people my age. How many 21 year olds that aren't born loaded can buy a townhouse and a SC? Most of the buyers will be older, or succesful. I was not implying the car is for the older crowd I was just saying that when Lexus designed it they really weren't concerned with a all out Grand Tourism. Sorry to offend anyone by implying this was a older person car. Wasn't attended that way. I plan on always owning a two door once I get rid of the GS.

No hard feelings I guess I will explain myself better next time

by the way your not old till you say your old
Old 11-30-02, 04:52 PM
Francis K
Racer

Default I maybe mistaken...

But didn't someone a while back have a SC430 with an intake/exhaust and a 75 shot? That might be a good way to start, suprise a few cars....
Old 02-20-03, 01:02 PM
Lexus-Sto Dgo
Driver School Candidate

I have the injen intake, dragon torque converter, no cats. Its a nice combination. I`m 52 years old, I also have an is300 with 438 rwhp toyomoto stage II, water alcohol injection. I also own a 761 rwhp mustang full drag racing car. Last year we won both street/track national drag championship in Santo Domingo in those cars. We also have the new 350 Z, which is a fantastic car! and I`m desp. waiting for the Blitz supercharger kit. When I say "we", I mean my son, 24 and me ,the old guy.
Carlos
Old 02-20-03, 01:34 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Carlos, welcome to MY age group. I have the Injen also. Tell me more about the torque converter. Is this on the SC430 ?

Quick Reply: Who here has done performance mods?