Great to be part of the EU!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-12, 12:26 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Great to be part of the EU!!!

What do you think of this guys?
It would never happen your side of the pond, would it?

Hopefully it won't happen here either, but I am still glad I kept every OEM part of my car!!!

Best regards
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Great to be part of the EU!!!-photo.jpg  
Old 09-09-12, 12:29 PM
Scarletti
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would hope that they mean "functionally the same as the original part, or better".

The MOT Test in the UK has already been strengthen recently to come more into line with the EU's rules btw.
Old 09-09-12, 04:23 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Some states here, Calif for one, doesn't let you mess with some of the stuff from stock. Some equipment you get will tell you it's not legal in all 50 states. Here in Florida they wouldn't know the difference because they don't have any type of inspections for vehicles. And by the looks of some of the vehicles around town it shows.lol
Old 09-09-12, 04:38 PM
V300Graham
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been trying to highlight this impending law enactment locally to car enthuasist friends in Ireland, and the responses range from totoal apathy, to thinking it will never happen, and not one has had the get up and go to contacted an elected official or guiding body on their opinion.

These EU fachists WILL be able to slip this one through, thanks to the Nice treacy and the Lisbon referendum that we Irish voted for, as these artciles of law have eroding our right to veto maddening and often pedantic legislation....

The time is shortly coming when the only nice cars in driving on the roads in Europe will be registered on Russian numberplate methinks....
Old 09-09-12, 06:26 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

They are a long ways from being that extreme over here right now but that is not outside the realm of imagination for them to be moving that way, especially considering some of the power grabs that have occurred over the years. Unfortunately, government only seems to begat more government which in turns limits liberty that much more. (Okay Harold, step away from the keyboard. )
Old 09-10-12, 01:19 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold57
They are a long ways from being that extreme over here right now but that is not outside the realm of imagination for them to be moving that way, especially considering some of the power grabs that have occurred over the years. Unfortunately, government only seems to begat more government which in turns limits liberty that much more. (Okay Harold, step away from the keyboard. )
Could not agree more!!
Old 09-10-12, 08:03 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen