SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New SC430 member from Denmark

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-13, 12:21 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gottagitmines
Wow... You are not playing around. This is a quality build to say the least.
Lexus - The pursuit of perfection. What more can i say

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Have you received the right Cusco bar? If it fits and does not rub, I want one bad!
Got a mail last week that i have to wait another 4 weeks on the right one I'm sure the right one will fit, so you could order one. I will of course post pictures when i have it.
Old 03-19-13, 07:20 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Thanks for the update on the strut bar. Maybe we could ask our friends from Japan to assist. I will try.
Old 03-19-13, 01:39 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Thanks for the update on the strut bar. Maybe we could ask our friends from Japan to assist. I will try.
Like i wrote in an earlier post CUS-188540A is the right part number for the SC430 cusco tower bar. I got the one for the GS400 and it does not fit. I will confirm fitment as soon as i recieve it. In about a month
Old 03-19-13, 05:23 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollaboy
Like i wrote in an earlier post CUS-188540A is the right part number for the SC430 cusco tower bar. I got the one for the GS400 and it does not fit. I will confirm fitment as soon as i recieve it. In about a month
That is the exact model number I have and it fits great.
Old 03-19-13, 05:49 PM
mandyfig

Ok, great where can we get this ordered, CUS-188540A?
Old 03-19-13, 06:07 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

I still see the part at www cusco co jp ... look at their catalog under Toyota Soarer. Same part number for the UZZ40 (2WD,4300). I don't see a USA dealer so you might want to write them directly.

I see a new quick release that I like. I might order that.

I got mine from www nengun com - great fast service but they don't have it on their website under their offerings for the Soarer. You might want to write them too.

Good luck.
Old 03-19-13, 06:35 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Great pictures Rollaboy!!

Did you have to cut the steering column shield to prevent the headers from rubbing?

Can you post one of your new mufflers?
Old 03-20-13, 05:36 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

I bought the cusco tower bare from www.jdmengineimports.com but i dont recommend them. I can see they still sell the WRONG one that does not fit the SC430 though i have mention it one time before. They were very slow on service and what to do when i i told them that i got the wrong one. Suggested that i could ship it directly back to cusco in Japan, but no, i had to ship it to US and when they recieved it they would ship it to Japan and order the right one. Then it gets shipped to US and THEN to Denmark in europe. Totally stupid. Should take about 6 weeks. And wrote them a few days ago if there was any news. "4 weeks" was the only text in the reply. Bad company if you ask me. I hope i get the money back i paid for returning the bad one

Well back to the topic. Yeah i had to cut the steering column shield. No big deal though. If the steering knuckle gets a little hot over time i dont think anything will happen, but else i will just buy a new one if the bearing gets damaged because of heat. Thats the price you pay when you start tuning your engine But i dont think so. The headers also have a jet coat to prevent heat in the engine.

FIGS engineering made a great job making the PPE headers. Like the pictures shows there is a big difference from oem to the PPE's. Its amazing they could fabricate it to fit in that tight space. I dont know any other company that does that for our engines and the price i paid in the groub buy here on CL was just amazingly cheap. I tried fitting the original exhaust just to see if it fits and its perfect fit. Im looking forward to push the pedal on the road and feel the increase in horsepowers and the sound from the megan exhaust

Now i have the megan downpipe and middle pipe installed. And with the original rear muffler and tips. Next project is to take down the rear muffler and cut out the floor in my boot and make it bigger. Then there should be enough place for my air tank and hopefully a spare wheel while still have some room left for bagage. Instead of the big center muffler with tips in each side i will mount a magnaflow XL muffler in each side and weld double tips to it

I dont have a stainless steel welder so i will need to rent one or something when the time comes. But there should be enough projects with air suspension etc for now. Like the header and underbody i will try to make the most perfect install i can. I am not in a hurry
Old 03-31-13, 01:26 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Finally got time to assemble and Install the Brembos

I think they look great. Its hard to understand how big they are on pictures.

With the wheels on. I'm thinking about painting the inner barrel black instead of the raw aluminum. Whay do you guys think?

Installed all the heat shields and the exhaust. It got a little gold looking after a few minutes with the engine started

Just a picture of the front of the engine. Cleaned everything and gave it some heat resistent clear varnish. Also replaced the V-Belt
Old 04-01-13, 04:22 AM
TheDane
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good with that golden exhaust
Old 04-01-13, 06:53 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollaboy
bout painting the inner barrel black instead of the raw aluminum. Whay do you guys think?
Black wheels might disappear on your car. The aluminum gives it a little contrast. But if you do go with black, I would powder coat them rather than paint them. It'll hold up much better to rock chips.
Old 04-01-13, 09:57 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

I dont mean the outer polished lip. I mean the inner side of the wheel. I know it doesnt matter that much because eventually there will get a layer of brake dust in there.
Old 04-01-13, 10:15 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you mean the face of the wheel? If so, I would powder coat it. It'll hold up much better. I've seen painted wheels that were chipped to hell.
Old 04-01-13, 12:34 PM
mandyfig

Rollaboy by the time that car rolls out, you could have bought 2 of them...LOL!
Old 04-01-13, 12:35 PM
mandyfig

But kidding aside you are a perfectionist and we are all learning from you. Keep it coming, the pics and the tips.

Quick Reply: New SC430 member from Denmark