SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Remember when you first saw your car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-12, 03:28 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remember when you first saw your car?

I was looking through some old pics and found this screen snag from the night after I first saw my car online. This was snagged the afternoon I brought it home. Anyone else remember when they first saw theirs?

[/URL]
Old 11-18-12, 03:58 PM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After doing a few months of research I found the SC I had been looking for. After the intial inspection and test drive I checked the carfax and lexus.com owners site for records. Seeing that it was a 1 owner and dealer maintained I bought it over the phone that night. Sold my IS the next day. No regrets. I drive with the top down every chance I can.

Last edited by A1Lexis; 11-18-12 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 11-18-12, 04:58 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A1Lexis
After doing a few months of research I found the SC I had been looking for. After the intial inspection and test drive I checked the carfax and lexus.com owners site for records. Seeing that it was a 1 owner and dealer maintained I bought it over the phone that night. Sold my IS the next day. No regrets. I drive with the top down every chance I can.
I hear you - I live only three blocks from the grocery, but when I go, that top hist the trunk. Like you, every chance I get when the weather allows. I draw the line at about 50 degrees in the Winter and when its over 90 in the Summer here in TX. Just too darn hot.
Old 11-18-12, 06:01 PM
Juli
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my SC in June so I do remember seeing her for the first time. I haven't been able to drive for over a week with the top down. Too cold. Weirdest thing is there are two white SCs with same wheels as mine in my neighborhood today. I've never seen an SC in my neighborhood before mine.
Old 11-18-12, 09:40 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I was searching for a RED 2006+ SC either still under factory warranty or CPO Certified. I searched all the online web sites like cars.com, cargurus.com etc.

I found a 2008 still under factory warranty and recently sold as a CPO, driven 10,000 miles and traded in. It was about 650 miles from home.

I had my local Lexus dealer pull all service records in detail, Carfax from selling non-Lexus luxury car dealer. It had a very clean history, serviced by Lexus 100% of the time. The selling dealer had exceptional feedback from long distance buyers so I made an offer.

3 days later it arrived by a car transporter and the car was immaculate.

After it arrived my local Lexus dealer did an oil change, full inspection and programmed 3 additional keys for me.

I then bought a Lexus 8 yr / 100,000 miles Platinum Warranty from Jerry at Mid West Toyota with the CL discount.

I LOVE DRIVING THIS CAR.

See picture of web link in showroom and the first view on the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails Remember when you first saw your car?-photo12.jpg   Remember when you first saw your car?-photo13.jpg  
Old 11-19-12, 04:05 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A1Lexis
Your story is exactly like mine, love my car everyday!:thumbup
Old 11-19-12, 06:39 AM
tfischer

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

I recall seeing the famous purple SC430 which was shown as a "concept car" at the Detroit auto show in 1999 or 2000, and I recall my first reaction: "Gotta have it." (There is no reference in the quote to the purple color.) My dealer confirmed the "rumors" that the car would, at some point, be going into production and he gladly accepted a deposit and put my name down as #12 on the waiting list. I picked my black/ecru car up in April of 2001, at which point the waiting list (just at my dealer) was over 150. (I should have ordered two.)
I still have it, and my visits to the dealership with this car have all been for routine maintenance.
In the last 40 years, this is the only car I have bought new (including two other Lexus cars), and I'm glad I did.
And it still turns heads.
Old 11-19-12, 05:58 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I first saw an SC430 in a Lexus showroom a few years back, (probably 8 or 10) At the time I thought it was beautiful but unreachable.(cost) Forgot all about it til earlier this year when cruising through the car sites and started seriously looking around. Didn't even know the model wasn't offered anymore until I visited the Lexus dealer again. I had just missed one being sold on the lot. Drove an 04 red offered by a private seller but couldn't deal. I then went to Cars.com, found a great 03 WGC with low miles and bought it sight unseen. First time I saw it was when the salesman pulled up at Atlanta Airport to turn it over to me. Jumped in and drove it home 700 miles! Have loved it every day since!
Old 11-20-12, 11:29 AM
toxic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw them when they first came out and sticker shock was too extreeme. Always looked and admired them but felt they were "toys" and not built for daily driving. Fast forward to 2010 and I was leaving a hotel when I saw one of my co-workers loading the trunk of an SC430. I stopped to talk and admired her ride, telling her I always wanted one. I asked her if she was interested in selling it and she said she was. She was getting transferred and did not want to take it with her. We negotiated for MONTHS. She couldn't make up her mind. One day I was leaving the office, I actually was in the elevator, when she called me and agreed to sell. I was on my way out the door $$ in hand to pick up (if everything checked out) a Corvette. I got back in the elevator and went to pay for my new ride. And it is my daily driver. I have other cars but I like driving the 430 here in the DC area. Nimble, fast, agile and stops on a dime. Everything you need for DC traffic!!.

TOXIC