SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Blizzak MZ-03 RunFlats... impressions on rainy, dry, cold handling.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-13, 07:58 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Blizzak MZ-03 RunFlats... impressions on rainy, dry, cold handling.

(my apologies, I forgot the question mark at the end of the title)

Greetings,
I have an 95' Sc400 and have purchased some SC430 wheels with Blizzak MZ-03 tires mounted. I read everything i could find here and now I am more confused about the tires then before.

I (sort of) get the overall impression that the MZ-03 is amazing in serious snow but is HORRIBLE (or pretty good) in dry, cold or rainy weather, depending on what post you read.

I live in NYC and we rarely see serious sustained snow. When we do, It gets cleared up rather quickly. I may leave town and encounter snow 1 to 3 times per year I'd guess.

My focus is handling in cold, dry weather, cold rainy weather, and perhaps icy rain.
I also would like to know if it is dangerous to use them on a car without puncture sensors?

What are these tires characteristics with regard to these conditions?

Please feel free to be as detailed as possible.

I really want to know if they will be a good winter choice for me or if they are too focused on snow and lacking in my key areas.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 01-24-13 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-24-13, 06:03 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Impressions? NONE? ;-)

Perhaps i am mistaken but i thought I read that this tire was the Winter tire sold with the Sc430. I chose this forum for that reason. Sorry if I was wrong...

Old 01-24-13, 09:01 AM
OBP
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

For the few people who put winter tires on their SC, i think there is no consensus choice. I run Blizzak LM25s non rft and I am satisfied on light snow. But few winter tires do well in wet weather and my Blizzaks do not feel anywhere near as good as my regular Conti DWS when it is raining hard.
Old 01-24-13, 09:32 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OBP
For the few people who put winter tires on their SC, i think there is no consensus choice. I run Blizzak LM25s non rft and I am satisfied on light snow. But few winter tires do well in wet weather and my Blizzaks do not feel anywhere near as good as my regular Conti DWS when it is raining hard.
That helps...
Thank You!