SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Ecru Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-02, 10:41 AM
Chuck P.
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecru Interior

I've been thinking about purchasing an SC430, and like the idea of trying something other than a black interior. For those of you with the Ecru leather interior, has it been difficult to keep clean - i.e. more dust, etc, from top down motoring?
Old 12-15-02, 11:14 AM
tfischer

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts
Default No Problem

I've had a black/ecru since April 2001 and have had no problems keeping it clean. Every few months use Zaino's spray leather cleaner, wipe it off, and the leather still looks and smells (Zaino leather conditioner) like new. On a regular basis, I think all you really have to do to keep on top of the situation is give it a once over with a good leather cleaner once every month or two, maybe more in the summer if you have the top down a lot.

I'm sure it will show dirt more readily than the black interior, but the small effort is well worth the bold fashion statement made by the white leather and the maple word. Everybody loves it, and I am very pleased I went with the ecru interior rather than the all black.

By the way, the white (opps, I mean ecru) interior does not get very hot when left in the sun. I was quite surprised at this, as I had to keep a towel in my last sedan because the black leather interior got so hot I could not sit on it, especially when wearing shorts. I have never had that problem with this car, even when I park it in the sun with the top down.

I am a big fan of the ecru interior.
Old 12-15-02, 01:18 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really havent had any problems with it either. Only problem is drivers seat in certain areas and the door handle/arm rest parts, its easily cleanable however. I do miss my black interior, but the white is great....and I also dont miss how hot it used to get.
The following users liked this post:
corpnupe85 (02-02-21)
Old 12-15-02, 02:19 PM
RodF
Pole Position

I always get comments about the Ecru interior and the bird's eye maple. I'm glad that I can see whatever dirt that builds up because it is easier to find it. Just because you can't see it on a darker interior, it doesn't mean that it's not there. The Zaino leather cleaner is amazing, and with the Zaino leathersoft conditioner I still have people telling me that the car smells new, even though I've had it for over a year and a half.
Old 12-15-02, 05:47 PM
Tjz
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well,

I guess I am the only one, but, I can't keep my ecru clean. Not only that, there are areas that I cannot get clean. THe arm rest and the leather trim on the door will not come clean. It looks terrible. I have used 4 different leather cleaners and none of them have done the job. I have also used the leather cleaner from Lexus and that has done nothing. I guess, I am going to wait until spring and have it detailed. I am hoping they have the product and the know how to get it clean.

I don't think I want any other interior color, but as of right now, my car looks like crap.

TjZ
Old 12-15-02, 11:19 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Originally posted by Tjz
Well,

I guess I am the only one, but, I can't keep my ecru clean. Not only that, there are areas that I cannot get clean. THe arm rest and the leather trim on the door will not come clean. It looks terrible. I have used 4 different leather cleaners and none of them have done the job. I have also used the leather cleaner from Lexus and that has done nothing. I guess, I am going to wait until spring and have it detailed. I am hoping they have the product and the know how to get it clean.

I don't think I want any other interior color, but as of right now, my car looks like crap.

TjZ
TjZ -

Sorry to hear about that and hope your detailer can get it out. You probably already tried it, but I've had real good results in getting out the stains with the Zaino cleaner. Apply directly and scrub with a toothbrush, then wipe off with a clean cloth.

Maybe the trick is to not let it build up too much.

Good luck with it and hope this helps.
Old 12-16-02, 01:38 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I bought my Midnight Cherry/Ecru in October and I put an additional set of clear plastic floormats on top of the set given after spraying the mats and the rest of the upholstory with scotchguard right from the first week I own it.

Examine for dirty spots on both leather and upholstory every week or two, removing them before buildup and you should have no problem keeping it clean.