SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

lexus logo projector puddle light

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-13, 02:57 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrblister
Turbo did you install your door projectors near the courtesy door light ? I plan to install mine more in the middle near the speaker in one of the wider plastic sections.

I think my projectors may be a bit smaller. I think more in the middle for me will drop the projector a bit lower thus the projected image will be a bit smaller on the ground and may have better focus
Thanks...well actually I drilled the courtesy door light plastic cover. ..I thought in future if I did not won't this projector light...then I only replace this light or its cover only..
If you drill anywhere else then u r stuck to the projector light 4ever
Trust it will burn or die no more than 6 month
About the size of the reflection ... I think that there is a plastic circle that if utturn right or left it will modify the fucus
Old 04-08-13, 02:59 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bon
Turboo, I do like the red projector with your red interior!
Thaaaaanx
It came by counsidanc that the reflection is red also
Thank u for ur comments
Old 04-08-13, 10:28 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Yeh I figured you were less then 12 " maybe 10 " because above that and the logo is just large to see in day light.
Its a cool toy and is best used or seen in night time. I plan on installing but I am waiting till weather is better. Have you pulled your door panel off ever. I am not sure I remember how to disconnect the lock cable and the door push rod from the handle. Any advise for me on doing that.

Buddy
No Need to pull the door panel...Just pull the courtesy light assembly.

Here are the steps:-
1- Pull out the door courtesy light assembly. any Flat screwdriver will do the job. Then separate the light cover from the assembly.

2- Drill the cover.

3- Fix the projector.

4- Connect the wires

5- Fix back only the light cover with the projector attached to it.

6- Make your final adjustments.

7- Glue the assembly.

Note: fixing the projector this way will save you the hassle of cleaning its lens every time if it was installed outside the car and exposed to dirt, dust and water. Also this way you can at any time remove the projector and buy either a used or new door light assembly and it won’t cost you much. moreover, if you drill anywhere in the door panel or the door assembly, then it will be very difficult to cancel the projector, very expensive and you need to remove the door panel to connect the wires thru the new place.

here are some pics to help:-
lexus logo projector puddle light-20130409_084500.jpg

lexus logo projector puddle light-20130409_084803.jpg

lexus logo projector puddle light-20130409_084807.jpg

lexus logo projector puddle light-20130409_085006.jpg

lexus logo projector puddle light-20130409_085056.jpg
Old 04-09-13, 05:34 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Turboo, you are the man!!!!

Great concept, idea. Am all in.
Old 04-09-13, 05:43 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by Turboo

1- Pull out the door courtesy light assembly. any Flat screwdriver will do the job. Then separate the light cover from the assembly.

2- Drill the cover.

3- Fix the projector.

4- Connect the wires

7- Glue the assembly.

Note: fixing the projector this way will save you the hassle of cleaning its lens every time if it was installed outside the car and exposed to dirt, dust and water. Also this way you can at any time remove the projector and buy either a used or new door light assembly and it won’t cost you much. moreover, if you drill anywhere in the door panel or the door assembly, then it will be very difficult to cancel the projector, very expensive and you need to remove the door panel to connect the wires thru the new place.

Attachment 279340

Attachment 279341

Attachment 279342

Attachment 279343

Attachment 279344
Turboo, what did you use to drill the hole with on the lens cover, the included drill saw?
Old 04-09-13, 06:21 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default puddle

Originally Posted by Turboo

2- Drill the cover.

3- Fix the projector.

4- Connect the wires

7- Glue the assembly.

Attachment 279340

Attachment 279341

Attachment 279342

Attachment 279343

Attachment 279344
Thanks Turbo I liked your idea. My plan is still to mount in my door panel since I believe they will last longer because mine auto shut off after a few min. in the event they don't I could buy another set . Where they locate is actually not in an area that will get direct dirt on them when the door is closed there actually in a sealed area . I figure if they stop working I could just leave them in place or else just install a regular led light and then I would have a real puddle light to illuminate the ground. The only pain is I will have to install a two wire connector so in the event the door panel has to removed by me or dealer it will be apparent that the added puddle light has a male/female connector that has to be unplugged if you want to take panel completely off. I will post full pics as soon as I do it. Please let me know how yours hold up.

Last edited by mrblister; 04-09-13 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-09-13, 07:31 AM
mandyfig

Thanks in advance for the pics and tips mrblister!
Old 04-09-13, 09:12 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

looking good
Old 04-09-13, 09:32 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Looking nice, Turboo! Do you have any pics of the projected image on the ground? Is the height acceptable for a clear image? Thanks.
Old 04-09-13, 10:34 AM
Turboo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Turboo, you are the man!!!!

Great concept, idea. Am all in.
thanks for ur comments
Old 04-09-13, 10:37 AM
Turboo
Pole Position

Turboo, what did you use to drill the hole with on the lens cover, the included drill saw?
Yes.. its the one included with the box.
Please note that you should be careful so that you dont break the light cover
Old 04-09-13, 10:42 AM
Turboo
Pole Position

Thanks Turbo I liked your idea. My plan is still to mount in my door panel since I believe they will last longer because mine auto shut off after a few min. in the event they don't I could buy another set . Where they locate is actually not in an area that will get direct dirt on them when the door is closed there actually in a sealed area . I figure if they stop working I could just leave them in place or else just install a regular led light and then I would have a real puddle light to illuminate the ground. The only pain is I will have to install a two wire connector so in the event the door panel has to removed by me or dealer it will be apparent that the added puddle light has a male/female connector that has to be unplugged if you want to take panel completely off. I will post full pics as soon as I do it. Please let me know how yours hold up.
I wish u good luck and waiting for ur pics once finished
A friend had install it like two month ago the same way u intend to do...till now it is still holding and working fine
Old 04-09-13, 10:51 AM
Turboo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Looking nice, Turboo! Do you have any pics of the projected image on the ground? Is the height acceptable for a clear image? Thanks.
I can take more pics for u...and yes the hight is acceptable for a clear image...the best thing is that at this hight, the circle surrounding thr L logo will glow rainbow color.
If the distance is to much to the floor I noticed that it is not clear ( l mean the rainbow circle)
Also there is like a ring on top of the projecter that if you turn it will adjust the focus. But be careful not to move it too much or hard as the lens might break easily.
Old 04-10-13, 07:14 AM
mandyfig

Turboo, just to ask more deatils on how you cut through the lens, can you please explain exactly how you did it? Did you use a clamp, etc...
Old 04-10-13, 03:38 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Turboo, just to ask more deatils on how you cut through the lens, can you please explain exactly how you did it? Did you use a clamp, etc...
I used the drill saw included in the projector box. Fix the saw on a drill machine ... hold the light cover with one hand after saperating the light cover from the light assembly...and drill it.
First cut was good but too much tight..so I just drill again with little more force on corners. Maybe if I used something to hold the cover while drillig it would be safer and better from the first time.

Quick Reply: lexus logo projector puddle light