SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Black Maple !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-02, 11:45 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Black Maple !!

OK, since I don't know how to attach a photo, here's how to see the one of the balck interior with the maple wood:

1. Go to the Kellley Blue Book site (www.kbb.com)
2. put in your zip code hen it asks you to
3. Under "What's my car worth", click on "Private Party"
4. click on "2002"
5. Click on "Lexus"
6. Click on SC430
7. Fill out the form with the miles, etc.
8. Click on "Excellent" in the condition box
9. Click on "Get Report"
10. Some photos pop up next. The bottom one is the interior with the black and maple.

Maybe it is a photo shop job, but it sure looks real to me.

If anyone knows how to post it to the site, please do ! (Ed, I know you can do it buddy.)
Old 12-18-02, 11:53 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How's this?
Attached Thumbnails Black Maple !!-blk-map.jpg  
Old 12-18-02, 11:58 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Way to go Ed !!

See everybody, I wasn't hallucinating !!

So, is this for real or not ?? I'm not sure if I really like because it looks good, or if it's different.

What do you guys think ?
Old 12-18-02, 01:12 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

You're welcome, Larry ...

I've never been a fan of light-colored wood. Might be because blond furniture was all the rage when I was growing up and I got sick of it.

Larry ... don't forget to get your calamari, scungilli, and baccala before the store runs out. Christmas is just around the corner.
Attached Thumbnails Black Maple !!-squid.jpg  
Old 12-18-02, 02:31 PM
tfischer

Received 213 Likes on 159 Posts
Default Looks real

It sure looks real, although I guess somebody could have used a photo of an ecru interior and used a computer to change the leather seats and door inserts to ecru, except who's got that kind of time.

My guess is that this is a photo of an interior done by Lexus to see how it would test.

I looked again at my 2002 and 2003 SC big fat sales brochure, and both are clear that the maple comes only with the ecru interior. I have never seen a black interior with the light wood, but that might not be a bad idea, as my impression of the black/black car was that it was just too black for my taste and looked pretty much like a big licorice jelly bean. Some color in the interior might look nice -- it looks ok in that photo.

Still, it's something of a puzzlement, as they don't sell a car with that interior.

Maybe they should.
Old 12-18-02, 03:44 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Actually Ed we just tossed out an entire bedroom set that was my in-laws. It's been siting in the basement for 25 years.

The calamari, jumbo shrimp, flounder filet and bacala are on order. I pick everything up Tuesday since we're having the Eve at my house. I can't wait..the whole house smells like fried food for days afterwards. I wanted to get pulpo also, but my wife is terrified of them !

We also have a macaroni dish as an appetizer. It's a tomato sauce made with olives, capers, hot pepper and hazlenuts. It's a regional dish that came from my grandfathers home town in Bari.

We try to have at least 7 different kinds of fish just like my mom and grandmother did. The bacala comes three ways: baked with potatos, crushed tomato, balck olives and capers; fried and cold in a "salad" with olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper and plenty of garlic.

Do you guys have any specialties ?

For you NON-EYE-TALIANS out there..........enjoy your.......hey, what do you guys eat on Christmas Eve anyway ???

So what do you think T ? Could this just be an atrists concept of maybe some Euro model ? Hmmm, looks like we have a mystery.

I'll tell you guys what.....the first one that solves this riddle will get sent to them one of those new, cool micro mini radio controlled cars !! I bought a ton of them at a flea market. They are really neat for zipping around your desk or the kitchen floor.

My pooch has a ball with them !
Old 12-18-02, 06:43 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably a Canadian model. I am looking to get an sc430 this week and really want a white/black which they don’t make here in the states, but you can get it Canada. I have a white/tan gs4 right now but really want a black interior, but love the white exterior. This sucks especially when bmw, acura, mercedes offer this color combo. I just don’t get it.
Old 12-18-02, 07:17 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nope can't get the Maple on Black here in Canada but Deniska is correct we can get the White on Black up here.. For my 2 cents I don't like the Maple interior in any colour combination maybe perhaps because my family had Maple furniture when I was young.. Smack me I am having 70's flashbacks.. LOL
Old 12-18-02, 07:23 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Deniska is correct we can get the White on Black up here

I guess I will go for black/black. I am planing to keep my lowenhart br5's from my gs and put them on the sc. Should I go for the run flats if I plan to use an aftermarket wheel? I am still keeping the aloys for winter. Anyone got pics of an sc430 with some br5's?
Old 12-19-02, 08:38 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Larry ...

Lest we turn this forum into an Italian food forum (as we almost did once before) could you PM me with the recipe for that pasta dish with the capers and black olives? Your Bari dish sounds similar to Vermicelli Puttanesca (Harlot's Sauce) of Campania but adds hazelnuts which is interesting.

BTW .. in case anyone else is reading our appends, the origin of the tradition of the seven fishes for the Italian Christmas Eve dinner is pretty much speculation nowadays, however it's thought that the seven represents the seven sacraments of the Catholic Church.

There's more to the story, but hey ... this is a Lexus, not a Southern Italian heritage, forum.
Old 12-19-02, 08:23 PM
Chuck P.
Driver School Candidate

Default maple interior

For what's it worth I really like it. Wonder if someone swapped it themselves?
Old 12-19-02, 08:33 PM
tfischer

Default Why?

Although "someone" and "themselves" don't quite agree with each other, this swap would require quite a bit of time and quite a bit of cash at the parts desk. I suppose that could be done, and I guess the service department could give you an estimate, but my guess remains that either the picture itself is doctored or Lexus put this together to see how it would look. (Or both.)

It looks dramatic in the photo, but my guess is that it's just too much high contrast to work, and that's why it's not on the list of available combinations. We would have to ask the interior designers in the audience to verify that. In the meantime, I will be looking into every black SC I see, always hoping to find the one in the photo.

Report all sightings here, please.
Old 12-20-02, 12:15 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

The Golden Brown maple/black leather combo is actually available in the LS430 base model.

It's also possible that this is combination for the SC that's available outside of N.America.
Old 12-20-02, 08:40 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

tfischer ...

You're right, "someone" and "themselves" don't quite agree, but PC has hit hard requiring people to eschew the correct "someone and himself" and either replace it with the plural or some stupid combination such as "someone and him or her self".

Of course, you can't use "themself" because there just ain't no such word.
Old 12-20-02, 10:27 AM
tfischer

Default You caved

PC only impacts weenies or those who don't care -- when it comes to grammar, it's every man for themselves.

Quick Reply: Black Maple !!