Ecru leather seats permanent staining

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-03, 09:55 AM
chitowngrl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ecru leather seats permanent staining

Attention owners with ecru leather!

we are looking for other owners who are having problems with the ecru leather interior turning black and blue from dyes from your clothes. Lexus is telling us they are not responsible. We say yes you are. You pay 70,000 for a vehicle but you are not informed that if you decide to wear clothing while driving your new vehicle, after a few short weeks, your ecru will not remain ecru, but rather ends up turning blue or black permanently. This could be a class action lawsuit and we are looking for others with the same problem. Please contact us asap. thanks
Old 01-17-03, 10:44 AM
iamcdn
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I replied in my own post
Check it out!

iamcdn
Old 01-17-03, 04:55 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Thumbs up Ecru stains

Yes, I have ecru leather and yes I have color transfer. I've had the car 18 months. Almost exclusively I wear blue jeans and a brown leather belt (hey it's Texas!).

I have both blue and brown transfer at the bottom of the seat back.

I'm not particularly happy with it. But it is pretty light stain and I keep the leather treated and cleaned fairly regularly.

To calibrate, I notice it. Someone else just looking at the car and getting in the car doesn't notice (unless I point it out).
Old 01-17-03, 05:40 PM
chitowngrl
Driver School Candidate

Thanks so much for your reply. It's amazing how many people are having the same trouble, although it doesn't look like anyone has really done anything about it as far as bringing up to the lexus officials, so that is why nothing is being done so far. I really appreciate your response, and hope to hear from others like us. We should be able to file a class action lawsuit, why should we settle for this after paying so much for perfection, right? How is this going to depreciate the value of our cars when it's time to trade or sell, we shouldn't have to take the loss. thanks again!
Old 01-17-03, 06:33 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember taking my BMW in for service, and the service advisor warned me to be careful when I wore my black leather jacket on rainy days. He told me that he'd seen the dye transfer onto beige upholstery like mine. Now that I have a car with black leather, I don't worry about that anymore. So I don't know if this is just a Lexus problem. Perhaps somebody in the detailing forum such as Daddy-O will have some more advice.
And yes, be prepared for somebody on that forum to tell you to Soft Scrub the leather. I'd be afraid of doing that on my car, too.