SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Big Ouch

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-13, 02:30 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Big Ouch

I can't bring myself to take a photo yet.

Driving along today on my way home from a home showing, a Hyundai driver blew past me and almost sideswiped me. I veered and regained my lane only to have him kick up a piece of asphalt shingle that had been in the roadway. I was unable to avoid it and it smacked the front of my car and exploded in pieces flying over my head.

I pulled over and looked at the car I almost threw up. Scratches and tar smeared over the nose of my previously pristine SC. The good news was that the debris flew over my head (I had the top down) and another driver pulled over to see if I was OK. There are some nice folks still left in the world.

Friday night. I think I will have a BIG drink.

I'll post a photo when I sober up.

Old 11-01-13, 03:28 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm glad YOU weren't hurt.

It's amazing how fast these things can happen. YOU WERE LUCKY.

A nurse that worked with my wife died in a crash last month. She was on the interstate. Another driver stopped to rescue a cat on the road and he ran right in front of her car. He was plastered across her windshield and she lost control and died in the crash.

JR
Old 11-01-13, 04:50 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 76210Guy

Driving along today on my way home from a home showing, a Hyundai driver blew past me and almost sideswiped me. I veered and regained my lane only to have him kick up a piece of asphalt shingle that had been in the roadway. I was unable to avoid it and it smacked the front of my car and exploded in pieces flying over my head.

I pulled over and looked at the car I almost threw up. Scratches and tar smeared over the nose of my previously pristine SC. The good news was that the debris flew over my head (I had the top down) and another driver pulled over to see if I was OK. There are some nice folks still left in the world.

thats really dissapointing, sorry to hear , but glad your ok and that stupid driver... well you know what, what goes around comes around... hopefully those scratches can be hidden with some wax and polish!

Originally Posted by FLYCT
I'm glad YOU weren't hurt.

It's amazing how fast these things can happen. YOU WERE LUCKY.

A nurse that worked with my wife died in a crash last month. She was on the interstate. Another driver stopped to rescue a cat on the road and he ran right in front of her car. He was plastered across her windshield and she lost control and died in the crash.

JR
wow. my heart goes out to the them and there families... people really should learn from this.
Old 11-01-13, 06:29 PM
chrisv78
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, sorry to hear that. I am feeling the way I did in July when Funsize got rear ended. A good detailing and polishing may help.
Old 11-02-13, 04:44 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 190 Likes on 160 Posts

Comprehensive should cover that kind of damage. I know mine does. It is in the same category as hitting a deer. State Farm
Old 11-02-13, 07:29 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Many drivers on the road could not pass a simple driving test today. You should be made to take refresher course based on your driving record as well as your age
Old 11-02-13, 07:03 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

SCDROPTOP has arranged a guy to come and see if we can wet sand and buff. I'll know after we try it. The good news is that the photos look like damage to the trim but in reality its tar from the shingles. I know I will need a little touch up but I'm crossing my fingers!

Some of the "dots" are from recent rain. Sorry for the huge pics!

[IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.com
Old 11-03-13, 05:34 AM
momssc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a lot will buff but not all sadly
Old 11-03-13, 07:20 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

The car was buffed and waxed today. The transformation was great. I am impressed. The scratches on the chrome and grill are definitely there and it will need to be replaced eventually, but I have to hand it to Wilson Zamora at Dallas Detailing & Buffing. He worked like a Trojan and did a great job. I'll post pics when its light enough outside to see the great results.
Old 11-04-13, 06:00 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

what a mess, glad you were not injured ! I'm sure you have insurance for such an incident.
Old 11-04-13, 10:35 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

The car was buffed and waxed today. The transformation was great. I am impressed. The scratches on the chrome and grill are definitely there and it will need to be replaced eventually, but I have to hand it to Wilson Zamora at Dallas Detailing & Buffing. He worked like a Trojan and did a great job. I'll post pics when its light enough outside to see the great results.
Wow, what a bummer. Sorry to hear about that but I'm glad that scdroptop's contact was
able to work wonders on your car. (I always loved that color!) I'm also glad to hear that
you were unscathed yourself!