SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I need help from Houston!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-14, 05:53 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, the deal is done. The waiting begins! This is the first time I paid my money and the car is NOT in my driveway. Bottom line is I paid $39.5. I find it very odd that NADA says retail is $44 but KBB says its worth $39.5 the dealer says they use NADA so I'm getting a sweet deal and my credit union says they will loan KBB and I have 60 days do change the terms which gives me 2 months to sell my 02. Now I need to do the paper work back and forth and then it gets shipped and I'm an impatient guy!

I've been looking on line at the manual and am amazed how loaded that new stereo is. Besides having USB, it also has Bluetooth audio, iPod connection, and DVD changer, all voice activated as well as on touch screen. It also has turn signals in the mirrors and puddle lamps. It sports run flats which gotta go. It red with ecru interior and has 27k miles on it.

Now I gotta figure what my 02 is worth. It only has 41k miles on it and has the pioneer head unit , Luxlink, and is in pristine condition. I'm thinking of starting with $25k and bottom line of $20k. I can also wait until its closer to summer if it will get me more $$$$. On the other hand our temps have been in the 80s for over a month ( very unusual), so every day is convertible weather. I shouldn't have checked out the online manual-I'm going to go nuts in the waiting game!
Old 01-24-14, 07:34 AM
tdedden
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on what I've seen on Auto Trader for '02s I'd say your $25K guestimate is close to what you should expect to get for it. I paid $21K for my '02 with 88K miles last November. It has polished chrome twisties, recent timing belt/water pump, recent new tires, and new battery. I feel that I paid higher than market but it was worth it given the recent maintenance and overall pristine condition. Plus it's a black beauty with camel interior.

Congrats on your new toy, lots of new gizmos on yours vs. mine!
Old 01-24-14, 08:23 AM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
Well, the deal is done. The waiting begins! This is the first time I paid my money and the car is NOT in my driveway. Bottom line is I paid $39.5. I find it very odd that NADA says retail is $44 but KBB says its worth $39.5 the dealer says they use NADA so I'm getting a sweet deal and my credit union says they will loan KBB and I have 60 days do change the terms which gives me 2 months to sell my 02. Now I need to do the paper work back and forth and then it gets shipped and I'm an impatient guy!

I've been looking on line at the manual and am amazed how loaded that new stereo is. Besides having USB, it also has Bluetooth audio, iPod connection, and DVD changer, all voice activated as well as on touch screen. It also has turn signals in the mirrors and puddle lamps. It sports run flats which gotta go. It red with ecru interior and has 27k miles on it.

Now I gotta figure what my 02 is worth. It only has 41k miles on it and has the pioneer head unit , Luxlink, and is in pristine condition. I'm thinking of starting with $25k and bottom line of $20k. I can also wait until its closer to summer if it will get me more $$$$. On the other hand our temps have been in the 80s for over a month ( very unusual), so every day is convertible weather. I shouldn't have checked out the online manual-I'm going to go nuts in the waiting game!
We need to celebrate!
I saw your car in Sept? a perfect 10. I think your bottom line should be 25k. SC430s are rare, the low miles, condition, color and the upgrades of your car is rarer.....the extended warranty is implied! no need to spend extra for that
Old 01-24-14, 08:30 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

I forgot to mention that my 02 still has a warranty on it until June of 2015. It is zero deductible and covers everything the Lexus warranty covers. Not sure if that adds $$ to the SC, but should make it easier to sell.
Old 01-24-14, 01:55 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default What color is my new interior?

Thanks to FLYCT for pointing out that the interior looks to be camel. I'm not sure, but the dealer does list it as camel, but says he's not sure about Lexus colors-ford dealer. I think the doors look ecru and the rest looks camel- what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails I need help from Houston!-image.jpg  
Old 01-24-14, 01:57 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Door looks like this. I'm leaning toward camel. Can you tell by the vin?
Attached Thumbnails I need help from Houston!-image.jpg  
Old 01-24-14, 02:13 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

OK, Never mind. Not sure why I was slow to compare photos of the two, but my ecru interior looks WHITE, with photos (online) side by side. How do black mats look on camel interior? Thanks to FLYCT for pointing it out to me-much appreciated. Got the paperwork from the dealer and fedexed back so hopefully in a week or two, I'll be driving it. Bottom line was $39.5 from the dealer. Ironically, a dealer just posted a 2010 for $62k and thats only 35 miles from my home!!!! Guess Texas was well worth it. Nationwide, I've seen those advertised periodically. Where they find folks to pay nearly msrp for a 4 year old car is beyond me. This will be my second and last SC, assuming it stays safe-A forever car.
Old 01-24-14, 03:50 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Red Mica w/Camel is great combination. The colors go very well together.

Yes, put new black mats on it. You will not be sorry.

Every time I get in my Ecru interior car I cringe that I'm going to get it dirty.

Here's a picture of Red Mica w/Ecru. I ditched the ecru mats shortly after I got the car.

Here it is with black carpets mats

My silver has Saddle interior which is like a baseball glove leather. It's much easier to keep clean looking, especially with all black carpets.

Old 01-25-14, 09:45 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default Pictures

Deal is done and now the waiting. Paid for, paper work fed-exed to the dealer, and now waiting for the enclosed transport. These pics are all I currently have....
Attached Thumbnails I need help from Houston!-img_0315.jpg   I need help from Houston!-img_0317.jpg   I need help from Houston!-img_0319.jpg   I need help from Houston!-img_0321.jpg   I need help from Houston!-img_0326.jpg  

Old 01-25-14, 06:23 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

n i c e !!!!!!
Old 01-25-14, 06:37 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

Love the color! Congrats!
Old 01-25-14, 06:39 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

Tell them to fix the antenna before they ship it. Stuck in the extended position!
Old 01-27-14, 07:48 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

John,

That is one sharp looking car, a real eye catcher. Enjoy!

Harold
Old 02-07-14, 06:55 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

OPs, you can close this thread now. Car has been transported.