SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New SC500 under development (ANCIENT thread)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-03, 09:41 PM
Faheta
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I hope they fix these probems:

- Improve the engine: preferrably a 340hp 5.0 V8
- Move the tires out a bit - the current car looks like Johnny Bravo - wide shoulder, tiny legs.
- Put bigger tires (275+) in the rear to make a powerful, sporty styling statement. Maybe in the Sports Package.
- Drop the car by 1 inch
- Drop the runflats
- Keep the price

Now that compares very favorable to both the SL500 & the SL55 AMG in terms of value & performance.

Btw, anyone knows if Infiniti is considering making the G45 Coupe? i.e. The current G35 with the Q45 engine. For $45K, that's one serious performance car.
Old 03-12-03, 08:24 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, right... I'm SOOO unhappy with my SC430 because of these "probems". Sure hope they fix those! LOL
Old 03-12-03, 08:40 AM
tfischer
Forum Moderator

Received 233 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Me, too.

I get that all the time. So many people have said that they would like the car if it were down another inch or so, but way up where it sits now, no way ! ! ! ! I hate my car for that reason alone.

What did those Lexus people have in mind?
Old 03-13-03, 05:44 PM
the man

does anyone here have a clue to when lexus will unveil these new designs?
Old 03-14-03, 03:04 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts
Default Re: Me, too.

Originally posted by tfischer
I get that all the time. So many people have said that they would like the car if it were down another inch or so, but way up where it sits now, no way ! ! ! ! I hate my car for that reason alone.

What did those Lexus people have in mind?
Maybe the wanted another SUV?

What would be nice isn't to drop the car stock, but to have something that will lower your car like ABC for the Benzo's.. also something that will stiffen up the suspension for a "Sporty" feeling or something.
Old 03-14-03, 05:26 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From what I've been reading here, this would be the perfect new model:

- All Wheel Drive
- V24 engine
- 2,000,000 horespower
- Suspension adjustable from 1mm to 6 feet ground clearence
- Small enough to be sporty yet large enough to haul a baby grand piano
- 44" Wheels
- Retractable top with sunroof that darkens during the day and duplicates the look of a starry night on overcast evenings
- 0 to 60 time of 1 second
- twin turbo supercharged with rocket override
- 12 exhaust pipes
- Ability to fold up two of the 4 wheels and look and drive like a motorcycle
- A sticker price of .22 cents
- A resale value of 1 billion dollars
- Self cleaning interior
- Self waxing exterior
- A built in beer dispenser
- One of those hot leggy Asian models you see at the Japanese auto shows as standard equipment.
- A White Castle burger dispenser to go with the beer

Just kidding guys. I've been changing cars on the average of every 3 years since 1968 cause I just can't seem to find the "perfect" one.
Old 03-14-03, 05:36 PM
ajayz
Driver School Candidate

do you guys think lexus would make the SC330 with enough power to go against the new infiniti g35 coupe?
Old 03-14-03, 08:38 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

I seriously doubt they're gonna match 280hp or so with their next 3.3 V6. I can see them doing 240 or 250, but I have an ill feeling in my stomach that they may not even decided to match Acura's Type S motor at 260hp. Lexus just seems to conservative to come out with a motor that is such an overachiever.... although in 98 the 1UZ-FE VVti was pretty amazing with 300hp considering BMW's 4.4L only made 284 and Mercedes 4.3L even less i believe.
Old 03-14-03, 08:42 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Originally posted by Larry
From what I've been reading here, this would be the perfect new model:

- All Wheel Drive
- V24 engine
- 2,000,000 horespower
- Suspension adjustable from 1mm to 6 feet ground clearence
- Small enough to be sporty yet large enough to haul a baby grand piano
- 44" Wheels
- Retractable top with sunroof that darkens during the day and duplicates the look of a starry night on overcast evenings
- 0 to 60 time of 1 second
- twin turbo supercharged with rocket override
- 12 exhaust pipes
- Ability to fold up two of the 4 wheels and look and drive like a motorcycle
- A sticker price of .22 cents
- A resale value of 1 billion dollars
- Self cleaning interior
- Self waxing exterior
- A built in beer dispenser
- One of those hot leggy Asian models you see at the Japanese auto shows as standard equipment.
- A White Castle burger dispenser to go with the beer

Just kidding guys. I've been changing cars on the average of every 3 years since 1968 cause I just can't seem to find the "perfect" one.
Mercedes will make this except it will break down or not work .. every feature! Except the Sticker price will be ten's of thousands over competitors!
Lexus will do it one year later after Mercedes and everything will work, except manufacturing will be quicker.
BMW will do this but no one will claim to buy them because they are hidiously ugly.
Old 03-14-03, 08:55 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!

Great response Vraa !!
Old 03-14-03, 08:57 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Originally posted by Larry
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!

Great response Vraa !!
Trying my hardest, so bored because of nothing to do over Spring Break. I want a 5 liter SC to come out, something powerful for my mom so we can get rid of the SL500 and get my dad a SL600.
Old 03-15-03, 06:14 AM
LexFather

Btw, anyone knows if Infiniti is considering making the G45 Coupe? i.e. The current G35 with the Q45 engine. For $45K, that's one serious performance car.
Well, Nissan is to bring the GT-R over and it will be their best performing model. It is still not confirmed if they will use the 3.5VQ TT or the 4.5 liter V-8. This coupe may be badged an Infiniti. It may be a 50-60k car. AWD, 4 wheel steering etc. BUt this car would not be SC 430 competition.
Speaking of, does anyone have any info on the next Supra and Toyota's new supercar or when they'll be comin out??????
Nothing concrete yet.

Old 03-25-03, 06:56 PM
machinegt
Pole Position

yah i think its sad that toyota/lexus doesn't have a super car right now, acura has the nsx (ok its not thattt great) but toyota has nothing anymore since they killed the supra. bmw has M cars, mercedes has AMG, toyota needs to set the bar and use some of that 90% increase in profit to make a pimp vehicle or they will slowly move off the map with nissan and infiniti cranking it up a notch.

toyota needs to make a super mass produced affordable mclaren f1. hehe!
Old 03-26-03, 07:32 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by machinegt
yah i think its sad that toyota/lexus doesn't have a super car right now, acura has the nsx (ok its not thattt great) but toyota has nothing anymore since they killed the supra. bmw has M cars, mercedes has AMG, toyota needs to set the bar and use some of that 90% increase in profit to make a pimp vehicle or they will slowly move off the map with nissan and infiniti cranking it up a notch.

toyota needs to make a super mass produced affordable mclaren f1. hehe!
As a previous owner of a 98 SupraTT, I get asked that a lot, why doesnt Toyota/Lexus have a supercar. Well its simple, they dont need to. They have something else, its called sales. Nissan/Infiniti need to overpower their cars, they dont have the name that Lexus does and they almost went the way of the dinosaur just a few years ago. Why would you change your model lines around to simply have a car like am SL AMG? I would love to have toms of power, but if thta was truly the case I would be driving something else. Not to mention, my year Supra and model line sold 400 cars in 1998, not exactly a reason to keep the car around, although I did love it. There just is no market for it in my opinion. What BMW and Mercedes do is supe up their "normal" model lines.
Old 03-26-03, 07:23 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

What BMW and Mercedes do is supe up their "normal" model lines.
That certainly helps though. In a market like this just because you have number one reliability and a conservative design doesn't ensure that its a better car than the other guys/competitors. If a SC500 came out sure we'd sell the SL as long as the SC had more power, and came with some different options to differ itself from the SC430. If an LS600 came out that could match the 12.5 second 1/4 run of the S600, i can promise you that we'd take that up too! Maybe i'm just a select few who would do stuff like that?

Quick Reply: New SC500 under development (ANCIENT thread)