SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Need opinion on emergency light issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-14, 09:50 PM
Black31385
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Need opinion on emergency light issue

I just recently got an aftermarket alarm installed and everyone works fine. The only issue is my emergency light does not work. I did not notice this until about a week or so after the install. I asked the guys that I got the alarm installed from and they said it has nothing to do with them. I have been looking for the fuses and finally found that it is not the fuse. My signals work fine. I did not know they share the same fuse. So pulled out the climate control panel and I see two wires tapped behind the emergency light button. How should I go about this situation. Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-17-14, 09:13 AM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No opinions

No opinions?
Old 10-17-14, 09:36 AM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Black31385
I just recently got an aftermarket alarm installed and everyone works fine. The only issue is my emergency light does not work. I did not notice this until about a week or so after the install. I asked the guys that I got the alarm installed from and they said it has nothing to do with them. I have been looking for the fuses and finally found that it is not the fuse. My signals work fine. I did not know they share the same fuse. So pulled out the climate control panel and I see two wires tapped behind the emergency light button. How should I go about this situation. Any help is appreciated.
I would talk to the aftermarket installer again letting him know that you were searching for a solution and noticed that there are two wires tapped at the Emergency Light button. Could they as a courtesy once again verify that the alarm install is not interfering with the 4 way flasher before you bring it to the dealer for repair. If the dealer finds that they caused the flasher to not work would they be willing to pay for the repair.

Be polite, so they save face if they are at fault. Everyone makes mistakes.

Good luck.
Old 10-17-14, 03:04 PM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks for the response

Originally Posted by FLYCT
I would talk to the aftermarket installer again letting him know that you were searching for a solution and noticed that there are two wires tapped at the Emergency Light button. Could they as a courtesy once again verify that the alarm install is not interfering with the 4 way flasher before you bring it to the dealer for repair. If the dealer finds that they caused the flasher to not work would they be willing to pay for the repair.

Be polite, so they save face if they are at fault. Everyone makes mistakes.

Good luck.

Thank you for your response as I am not very good at these types of situations. They had already cracked my driver window switch and said it had little cracks because the car is old. So when the tech opened up the door panel he cracked the window switch. I had replaced it and found super glue all inside the switch. I guess he tried to cover up his mistake. Now I have the issue with the Emergency Light. If they say that they will not pay for repair what should I say?

Again thanks
Old 10-17-14, 06:24 PM
FLYCT

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JemmyTran
had replaced it and found super glue all inside the switch. I guess he tried to cover up his mistake. Now I have the issue with the Emergency Light. If they say that they will not pay for repair what should I say?

Again thanks
These are always uncomfortable situations.

Have you talked to the owner of the facility that installed the alarm? He is the one I would go to Once again, being polite will get you the most bang.

I don't think that they would outright refuse to pay for a repair that was confirmed as an installation issue. If they do you always have the option of small claims court if it is found to be caused by the shop..