SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New sc430 owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-20 | 09:32 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

As I remember, there is a small cable in the door mechanism, though I may be confusing it with something else in the car. There's a track for the door to run in but I'm thinking that there's a small cable that is used to move the door with. I'll have to see if I have any pictures of that, unless someone else in the forum beats me to it.
Old 09-27-20 | 09:45 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Well, in a quick search, I didn't find the cable reference or a picture. I did find a TSB to replace the door in case that is needed in the future but for some reason the site isn't allowing me to post it (it is a pdf). It is TSB BO002-005. The TSB doesn't mention the cable either.
Old 09-27-20 | 09:47 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Harold57
Well, in a quick search, I didn't find the cable reference or a picture. I did find a TSB to replace the door in case that is needed in the future but for some reason the site isn't allowing me to post it (it is a pdf). It is TSB BO002-005. The TSB doesn't mention the cable either.
Well, I exited the page and got back in and now it works. So the TSB is attached.
Attached Files
Old 09-27-20 | 12:32 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

There was a recently thread, the OP had same problem and fixed. I forgot what he did.
Old 09-27-20 | 12:54 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

I could not find the specific thread or posts but here is another discussions:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ay-repair.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-repaired.html

Last edited by GmanSC; 09-27-20 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-27-20 | 02:03 PM
gpetrowich
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the input.

And now I see that I hijacked Badhoboz's new owner thread (sorry).

I thought I was on the introduce yourself thread. If an admin knows how to move this, that'd be great. If not, I can move the continuation or start a new thread later.
Old 03-16-21 | 05:59 AM
Seattle SCone
Advanced

Happens. This forum displays a related thread if you scroll past bottom of current thread. Often you won’t notice until too late.

you can disable that feature but seems must be done on each browser you use
Old 01-09-22 | 04:39 PM
jimb342
7th Gear

Default 2003 sc430

Wife's car, but I do get to work on it, and that involves a lot of test driving. I even found that test driving after detailing it are necessary in order to know how to keep it clean. I recently replaced the timing belt with help from this site, and am now working on resolving a drivers seat heating issue that, with the help of this site, is made much easier.
So a big THANK YOU, I will try and contribute whatever I can to help others that may be having issues. I am a backyard wrench, but had a lot of practice over the years, including some in racing and some in electronics that have been helpful. The internet is great for those of us still willing to learn, and that have the time to look for the answers, using a little knowledge, common sense, and courage. Hoping to keep it simple, but I can complicate a fuse issue by testing the house lights.
Silver SC430 2003, great car, wife loves it.
My cars, 2006 Ram 2500 diesel, 2006 GMC Envoy-Denali, and my personal favorite 24' Boston Whaler, Outrage
Live in Southern California, landed here after my army brat upbringing, Dad was Army, and a great man. Wife, married daughter and two grandkids. German Shepard, Siamese cat and life is good

Jim

The following 2 users liked this post by jimb342:
Harold57 (01-09-22), JDaveSC430 (01-10-22)
Old 04-12-22 | 01:32 AM
Studog
Driver

Default New Aussie member

Hi there fellas.

I know that most of you are yanks and that isn't a bad thing. Hell, we have both lost control of our countries.

So what better way to celebrate than with a 4.30liter V8 that originated outside both our countries!?

I bought this 2007 to take me ol mum to the pokies ( known as "slots" to you heathens and church before that. Well, the church angle hasn't worked out since it seems they take the words of the unelected hag here in Qld over the man upstairs but nevertheless the car is gold.

Stats: the ol gal ( not my mum, the car you yankees - has 120k km on the clock, two owners ( brothers) and is in A-grade nick with the exception of a few probs - Navi door doesn't work, radio door is in hibernation, and a few marks on the body and wheels that could do with a touch up, but she was 23k AUD, which isn't crap compared to the dollars being asked for sc430 vehicles originating in Nippon.

From this week, apparently all restrictions are off in Qld ( after 2 flaming years) so I can take the old gal to blow her dough with impunity this weekend. Given that she grew up as one of 6 kids in a coal mining family who all slept in the same room in a dump just outside of Glasgow umpteen years ago, I reckon she deserves a little bit of class regardless of what happens with the pokies.

This weekend I will be taking her in this beauty - a 2007 model SC430 of which only 12 or so were sold in this country.

I will let you all know f we win or lose after the event.

Yes, that is a 1997 hilux surf in the background. I worked for Toyo and Hitachi Automotive in Japan for over 15 years. I also have a british racing green 1999 Lexus is200 and a red Lexus X sport Is 250. The 250 will do 240km at the drop of a hat when the cops aren't looking.The sc? I have no idea how fast she will go. Maybe I can test it with the old gal in it this weekend! hahahhahahahhaha

The following 5 users liked this post by Studog:
Bgw70 (04-12-22), bmanone (04-14-22), Harold57 (04-12-22), stich (05-12-22), Stuckn60s (05-19-22)
Old 04-12-22 | 09:54 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Studog
Hi there fellas.

I know that most of you are yanks and that isn't a bad thing. Hell, we have both lost control of our countries.

So what better way to celebrate than with a 4.30liter V8 that originated outside both our countries!?

I bought this 2007 to take me ol mum to the pokies ( known as "slots" to you heathens and church before that. Well, the church angle hasn't worked out since it seems they take the words of the unelected hag here in Qld over the man upstairs but nevertheless the car is gold.

Stats: the ol gal ( not my mum, the car you yankees - has 120k km on the clock, two owners ( brothers) and is in A-grade nick with the exception of a few probs - Navi door doesn't work, radio door is in hibernation, and a few marks on the body and wheels that could do with a touch up, but she was 23k AUD, which isn't crap compared to the dollars being asked for sc430 vehicles originating in Nippon.

From this week, apparently all restrictions are off in Qld ( after 2 flaming years) so I can take the old gal to blow her dough with impunity this weekend. Given that she grew up as one of 6 kids in a coal mining family who all slept in the same room in a dump just outside of Glasgow umpteen years ago, I reckon she deserves a little bit of class regardless of what happens with the pokies.

This weekend I will be taking her in this beauty - a 2007 model SC430 of which only 12 or so were sold in this country.

I will let you all know f we win or lose after the event.

Yes, that is a 1997 hilux surf in the background. I worked for Toyo and Hitachi Automotive in Japan for over 15 years. I also have a british racing green 1999 Lexus is200 and a red Lexus X sport Is 250. The 250 will do 240km at the drop of a hat when the cops aren't looking.The sc? I have no idea how fast she will go. Maybe I can test it with the old gal in it this weekend! hahahhahahahhaha
Congrats and welcome to the club. Love your humor.

You’ve a wise and right decision to get the 07 SC. I have the exact same model except for the color. Love her every time I look and sit behind the wheel. The minor probs of yours are easily corrected. Just search the forum for related issues. Any other issues, just ask.
Old 04-12-22 | 10:18 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Old 04-25-22 | 12:17 AM
Studog
Driver

Well yanks, we dropped 500 notes at the pokies and more on some gas filled alcohol - my mum loves a tipple or ten.

Thank goodness for the car. My old mum hasnt been in a car with a sunroof let alone a convertible. Unfortunately, traffic has become a pain around here these days so we couldnt take the SC up over 120 clicks - about 70 to you guys.

But with the old gal turped up and her purse stripped we dropped the top, cranked up ACDC on the CD player ( discovered that I need to do the foam repair or replace the speakers ) and the journey home was gold!

Long live the SC!
Old 05-12-22 | 12:24 PM
Ripple24
2nd gear

Hello All, we purchased my parent's 2008 SC430 with 88k miles a few weeks ago. I had always enjoyed using the car when we visited them, and I always told them I would buy it when they were ready to move on from her. That day came a few weeks ago. We had the car shipped from FLA to NC, and it arrived earlier this week. My 16 year old son is already bugging me to drive it, and my 14 year old daughter cannot wait to drive it as well. The SC430 is my first convertible and my parent's last. It feels like they are passing the torch on to my wife and me. They started with a 1976 MG and closed with the SC430, which was not a bad run. I'll post more pictures soon.

The following 4 users liked this post by Ripple24:
Badhobz (05-16-22), JDaveSC430 (05-12-22), JTho (05-14-22), Stuckn60s (05-19-22)
Old 05-12-22 | 03:43 PM
stich
Driver

Welcome everyone with your new cars!
Old 05-12-22 | 07:18 PM
Badhobz
Instructor

ohhh man you revived my old thread from 2015!!!! yes my first SC430. I glad i have the white one now, but the silver 02 will still be my favorite.

Last edited by Badhobz; 05-16-22 at 10:31 AM.

Quick Reply: New sc430 owner