SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Takata airbag recall, 02'-05' SC430

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-15, 03:21 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

It is always nice to be treated so well. I'm glad they did a good job for you.
Old 06-23-15, 03:24 PM
jmezo
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Had my bag changed today. Now I have VSC NOVAC and check engine light on. I pulled the shift cover off and I see a connector that goes under the drink holder was disconnected. I re connected it but I don't know if that is the problem. I checked the error code and its P0057. I think another connector is not connected somewhere else.
Old 06-23-15, 03:32 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by jmezo
Had my bag changed today. Now I have VSC NOVAC and check engine light on. I pulled the shift cover off and I see a connector that goes under the drink holder was disconnected. I re connected it but I don't know if that is the problem. I checked the error code and its P0057. I think another connector is not connected somewhere else.
And this happened at a Lexus dealer and you drove off with lights all over your dash?

The connector under the cup holder does nothing and I believe it is for the built in telephone that we do not have.

p0057 is a bank2 O2, sensor 2 heater circuit problem. It is unlikely they caused the problem.
Disconnect your battery for 20 min, then see if the lights stay off. If you have a code checker, reset and erase the code.

BTW, how did you know you have a P0057?

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-23-15 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-23-15, 04:01 PM
jmezo
Pit Crew

It was fine when I left the dealer. I drove for about 5 miles then the lights went on.
I have a code reader.
Old 06-23-15, 04:27 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

It was fine when I left the dealer. I drove for about 5 miles then the lights went on.
I have a code reader.
Did you reset the code?

Also, did you bring the car in with an enpty tank and leave with a full tank?

The free gas is compliments of Lexus, not the dealer, for you inconvenience.

With all of that said, I bet they put 87 octane in you car. Call the dealer and ask them.

Some people may not agree with me but the owners manual call for 91 octane for a reason.

What do you think?

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-23-15 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-23-15, 04:36 PM
jmezo
Pit Crew

They did not put any gas in. I did not reset the code. I will wait till I hear from them tomorrow.
Old 06-23-15, 04:41 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

That connector under the drink holder just fits into the empty socket that harness had something to do with what they call the mayday option there was a cell phone device in the trunk like on star was mostly used in Europe I have seen reference to that in the manual they left the harness in all the sc430

Last edited by mrblister; 06-23-15 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-23-15, 06:01 PM
jmezo
Pit Crew

This just in... I removed the shift cover/cup holder again and found another connector off. This one is a small gray one that is just to the right of the white TPMS connector I plug it in I clear the code I drive 5 miles and the check engine lights come back on. I was hopeful that this small connector was it as it seemed to go to the VSC OFF switch. Now its back to the dealer for sure.
Old 06-23-15, 07:00 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

This just in... I removed the shift cover/cup holder again and found another connector off. This one is a small gray one that is just to the right of the white TPMS connector I plug it in I clear the code I drive 5 miles and the check engine lights come back on. I was hopeful that this small connector was it as it seemed to go to the VSC OFF switch. Now its back to the dealer for sure.
I am a little surprised they were in your center console because when I had mine completed, the tech accessed the defective part by laying down on the passenger floor and going under the dash.

Did they remove your dash?
Old 06-24-15, 08:20 AM
jmezo
Pit Crew

OK, just got back from the dealer. They found an un connected plug behind the kick plate. Glad they didn't have to remove the dash again. I hope I get a customer feed back letter so I can tell them how great my experience was.
Old 06-24-15, 09:24 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

OK, just got back from the dealer. They found an un connected plug behind the kick plate. Glad they didn't have to remove the dash again. I hope I get a customer feed back letter so I can tell them how great my experience was.
You should have asked them why they did not fill your car for you because they probably charged Lexus for the fuel!

If you are physically able, I would look all around the dash area for missing hardware etc.
Old 06-24-15, 09:57 AM
Helogadget
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When the dealership did my recall, I didn't get a tank of fuel either. Or a car wash. Maybe I got the loaner RX in lieu of?

Originally Posted by Bgw70
You should have asked them why they did not fill your car for you because they probably charged Lexus for the fuel!

If you are physically able, I would look all around the dash area for missing hardware etc.
Old 06-24-15, 11:18 AM
jmezo
Pit Crew

I got a loaner and a car wash. They did a good job with the dash, no squeaks or missing parts...
Good fit on the new bag cover. They even fixed my nave door. It had what sounded like a slight dirt or sand in the slider noise when opening and closing. After the install it is quiet and smooth, like it should be.

I'm just glad to have the car back after a day in the 2014 ES350. I was not impressed.
Old 06-24-15, 11:23 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

I got a loaner and a car wash. They did a good job with the dash, no squeaks or missing parts...
Good fit on the new bag cover. They even fixed my nave door. It had what sounded like a slight dirt or sand in the slider noise when opening and closing. After the install it is quiet and smooth, like it should be.

I'm just glad to have the car back after a day in the 2014 ES350. I was not impressed.
Lexus of Melbourne, FL gave me everything, a tank of gas, car wash and my choice of a RX or ES.
Oh and they fixed the air bag, LoL
Old 06-26-15, 04:55 PM
narsman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped my SC off on Thursday for the airbag recall/repair. The service advisor said it would take several days to do the repair. I don't think he really knows how long it takes. I live in Southern California and the recall simply states for high humidity areas. However my car was registered on the East Coast for some time before I purchased it so it definitely qualified for the recall. Something tells me they've not done a lot of these airbag recalls here in this area. They gave me a 2015 CT 200 H hybrid to drive for the weekend. That's a very different car from the SC. Lots of cool technology in the car. But a bit of a slow dog to drive. I will definitely be checking the dash for lights and looking for any missing parts or cracked dashboard.... thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: Takata airbag recall, 02'-05' SC430