SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Unbranded Exhaust System - Magnaflow?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-15, 06:36 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Here is a great full technical explanation of exhaust system engineering.

http://www.epi-eng.com/piston_engine...technology.htm
Old 11-08-15, 10:27 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
that is a long write up!
How do you do it?
LOL - I type almost 100 wpm, and also use voice dictation!

On a different note, I just finished the Weapon R Intake install, and holy sheeeet!!! I did not notice much other than sucking unless I really pressed the throttle. Got a CEL and VSC issue so turned it off and unplugged battery. Plugged battery in 30 mins later, and let it idle for a while, and no more CEL or VSC issue. Took it out for short trip to pick up food, and that was when I realized just how loud this intake is Holy Sheeet, it really changes the sound of the car and is downright wicked when you get on the gas! I am going to take care of this exhaust mod I mentioned in a previous post, next weekend. Between the two, it sure will sound excellent!
Old 11-09-15, 08:28 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Isn't it awesome! Another satisfied customer! It really makes the SC growl! Love my Weapon-R CAI!
Old 11-14-15, 11:42 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Finished my Weapon R install last weekend, and just did my exhaust today!

I ended up with a custom system, by removing the third cat, resonators, and running x pipe in place, and dual pipes to the back, each to a magnaflow muffler with tips that are tasteful; not too big. It sounds really good, very deep at low rpm's. It quiets down mid range, which is when my intake sound kicks in, and then the exhaust comes back at higher rpms again. Very similar to my Tbird that had a similar setup years ago, but its not quite as loud.

I was originally going to install a glass pack muffler instead of x pipe, but I did not want extra restrictions. Now I am wishing I did, because I lost some ooomph down low now when driving, which tells me I do not have enough back pressure. The power comes back higher in the rpm range, but I have to take my car back soon to have it adjusted. Maybe I will have them crimp the pipes a bit just like the stock exhaust was before the resonators. It should be something that is easily fixable. Should also add more sound to the exhaust at mid range.

I was also considering getting the Sprint throttle modifier, and getting it tuned. But I still think I am going to crimp it a bit, since I may have overdone it with the design of the exhaust

I just posted this in my Weapon R thread as well
Old 11-16-15, 06:47 AM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

It may be the loudest SC I have heard so far.. I have definitely over done it and will need to make a few small adjustments next weekend so I retain a little back pressure and my low end torque along with it

I need to make a better video, because the sound got muffled, but you can still at least get an idea of the exhaust tone its giving. Its very loud and deep!

Would it have sounded even more gnarly with a glass pack in there in place of the x pipe?

Ill get some pics uploaded tomorrow!

Old 12-07-15, 10:21 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I realized that I never posted my clip of my 3rd cat and resonator delete also. I know someone had requested it earlier, but guess I just forgot about it. I will post the CAI sound soon too.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=jv2fbl&s=9
Old 06-15-21, 11:11 AM
Seattle SCone
Advanced

Received 293 Likes on 175 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-cat-back.html to link up my Magnaflow install and two sound clips taken with a quality microphone. One is attached here.
Use headphones to hear it best.

Attached Files
File Type: mp3
sc430 magnaflow.mp3 (614.8 KB, 67 views)