SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What did you do to/for your sc430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-24, 05:13 AM
SGB4570
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by nzxyxy
Today I had the roof remote control device added to my SC - purchased directly from Japan . Look forward to using it this forthcoming summer (late winter here at the moment in NZL, but already days are longer and warmer as we head into spring).

At the same time I also swapped out the centre air vent with a replacement part as the knurled **** had broken and was no longer protruding out for me to direct the airflow.

All titivating items really as thing rarely go wrong.
tell me more about your roof remote control and a link if you have it please
Old 08-28-24, 12:05 PM
nzxyxy
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SGB4570
tell me more about your roof remote control and a link if you have it please
Hi there.

I purchased the roof remote control and the device to raise/lower the rear quarter windows from Yahoo Japan - via the intermediary - BUYEE.JP. Here are the two links to the devices.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/...ranslateSearch (rear quarter window device)

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/...ranslateSearch (roof remote control)

Buyee Japan is the site to use to purchase items from Yahoo Japan - open a free account at "Buyee.jp" then follow the link to Yahoo Auctions - there are literally thousands of items available for the SC430/UZZ40 range - NOTE though - these are nearly 99.99% for JDM car so be careful not to buy items for RHD cars, bit there are many items suitable for all models (LHD/RHD).

Once you select the item(s) you wish to purchase, you purchase via Buyee.jp. They then source the part for you, package and send to you wherever you are in the world. Using DHL, the packages usually arrive within 1-3 days once shipped from the Buyee warehouse.

The roof remote device and rear quarter window device can be installed as DIY - both devices come with clear english instructions and accompanying videos. I actually had an auto-electrician install both devices for me.

I hope this helps.

Regards
The following users liked this post:
SGB4570 (08-28-24)
Old 08-28-24, 01:53 PM
SGB4570
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by nzxyxy
Hi there.

I purchased the roof remote control and the device to raise/lower the rear quarter windows from Yahoo Japan - via the intermediary - BUYEE.JP. Here are the two links to the devices.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/...ranslateSearch (rear quarter window device)

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/...ranslateSearch (roof remote control)

Buyee Japan is the site to use to purchase items from Yahoo Japan - open a free account at "Buyee.jp" then follow the link to Yahoo Auctions - there are literally thousands of items available for the SC430/UZZ40 range - NOTE though - these are nearly 99.99% for JDM car so be careful not to buy items for RHD cars, bit there are many items suitable for all models (LHD/RHD).

Once you select the item(s) you wish to purchase, you purchase via Buyee.jp. They then source the part for you, package and send to you wherever you are in the world. Using DHL, the packages usually arrive within 1-3 days once shipped from the Buyee warehouse.

The roof remote device and rear quarter window device can be installed as DIY - both devices come with clear english instructions and accompanying videos. I actually had an auto-electrician install both devices for me.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Thanks, I’ll look into it.
Old 09-02-24, 05:42 PM
nzxyxy
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Boot / Trunk Struts Replaced

Changed out the failing boot/trunk struts with a new set - 10 minute job maximum. The old ones would go up, stay in place for about 30 seconds then start to slowly sink back until the inevitable bash on the head (if you weren't watching!).

Next on the list - cabin filter replacement.