SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What did you do to/for your sc430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-16, 04:04 PM
Slingshot1
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
You could always black them out and black your tail lights. I have this look and get lots of compliments on how sleek the rear end looks.
Anytime you alter your rear lights and someone rear ends you, it opens up a whole different set of standards as to who is at fault.
Old 02-28-16, 06:47 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Slingshot1
Anytime you alter your rear lights and someone rear ends you, it opens up a whole different set of standards as to who is at fault.
Yes, this is true and really something to consider before taking on blacking out your tail lights. I live in an area where many of the high end cars already have blacked out tail lights (Audi, Porsche, etc). So many people are aware of this fact and keep their distance behind cars with blacked out lights. BUT we also have the bright LED third brake light up top so keep tail gaters at a distance. But Slingshot is correct, if you have blacked out tail lights, you assume the fault if anyone rear ends you (or I was informed by many people). But on the other hand, this also could be hearsay as I've never heard of a case in which a blacked out tail light owner has been rear ended. Logically, you would probably lose a insurance debate if you had blacked out tail lights and were rear ended.
Old 02-28-16, 08:29 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by Helogadget
What I did today was 4 new Stoptech drilled slotted rotors and pads, and stainless steel brake lines. 6 hours nonstop. Sure stops good now. :-)
Awesome Helo!
Post up,some pics if you took some!
Did you really notice a difference?
Also, are those the z23 pads?
Old 02-29-16, 12:40 PM
blkjap
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to do the same set-up, who product did you use for the lower arm and toe arm??
Old 02-29-16, 04:17 PM
Helogadget
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't take any as I went, didn't want to get my phone all nasty lol. Maybe I will go out tomorrow and snap a pic of the finished product. :-) Yep, z23 pads, same ones you recommended. I made a run down the interstate and got on them pretty hard on the on ramp. Before I used to get some steering wheel shimmy, but felt none after the install. The SS brake lines give a firmer pedal feel too.

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Awesome Helo!
Post up,some pics if you took some!
Did you really notice a difference?
Also, are those the z23 pads?
Old 02-29-16, 09:33 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Slingshot1
For rear lights possibly true but our reflectors are more of cosmetic than functional safety. I wonder if painting the refactors may interfere with the insurance claim/fault.
Old 03-01-16, 07:03 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Today, had my car entire wet sanded and then coated with some fresh Carnauba wax. Usually I do detail work on my own, but I decided to have a professional come in to get rid of 13 years of swirls and deep scratches. He even went the extra mile and did touch up paint on chips and scratches that I marked with highlighter flags. Pics to come soon.
Old 03-02-16, 01:44 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Care to share the price and how did you locate this person?
Body shop?
Tks!
Old 03-02-16, 07:28 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

It came to $180 and it was a contact I used previously for mobile Paintless Dent Removal. Both guys work for a local detailing company that specializes in showroom details for used cars before they hit the dealership floors, but are "outsourced" for many of the local dealerships (Lexus, BMW, Audi, Honda, VW, etc) for customer detailing. They work on the "side" and naturally don't charge the huge overhead that the dealerships require. I have a well lit, heated/cooled indoor parking garage so it was comfortable for him to work in yesterday's snow storm. Took him about 3 hours but the paint looks so fresh. I'm really happy with the results for the cost.

The guy I used actually is outsourced for Lexus Mint Detailing here at my local dealership, which quoted me $403 (with tax) for the exact same services through the same guy. Funny.
Old 03-02-16, 09:38 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Today, had my car entire wet sanded and then coated with some fresh Carnauba wax. Usually I do detail work on my own, but I decided to have a professional come in to get rid of 13 years of swirls and deep scratches. He even went the extra mile and did touch up paint on chips and scratches that I marked with highlighter flags. Pics to come soon.
Yes please PICS. How much did it cost you?
Old 03-12-16, 05:54 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Posted my sc430 up for sale. In the last 6 months it's been driven just under 200 miles. I think looks wise it's the best looking car we own. Fact is though it just doesn't get driven enough to justify keeping it. Hopefully it finds a home that will continue to maintain her like she has been, but drives her more often.
Old 03-12-16, 05:30 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

...sorry to see that you might be leaving us
Old 03-14-16, 09:32 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Would be great if we had somebody here locally. I had one when I owned an Acura TL. He was the resident dent removal expert at the local Acura dealer. He did my 3.2TL at the rear parking lot of the dealership. Paid $100. Best $100 I have spent on a car I owned! His set up was complete. He uses a portable 40 watt flourescent light tube to look for dents and dings.

These guys (who are decent) are hard to come by.

It came to $180 and it was a contact I used previously for mobile Paintless Dent Removal. Both guys work for a local detailing company that specializes in showroom details for used cars before they hit the dealership floors, but are "outsourced" for many of the local dealerships (Lexus, BMW, Audi, Honda, VW, etc) for customer detailing. They work on the "side" and naturally don't charge the huge overhead that the dealerships require. I have a well lit, heated/cooled indoor parking garage so it was comfortable for him to work in yesterday's snow storm. Took him about 3 hours but the paint looks so fresh. I'm really happy with the results for the cost.

The guy I used actually is outsourced for Lexus Mint Detailing here at my local dealership, which quoted me $403 (with tax) for the exact same services through the same guy. Funny.
Old 03-17-16, 05:42 PM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Received 212 Likes on 104 Posts

Well, the long winter hibernation is almost over. Decided to spruce up the SC a little.

The twisty center caps were looking pretty tired so I bought a new set off EBay.

I cleaned the wheels while the caps were off, then applied anti-seize compound to each
screw ( 40 screws! ) prior to assembly.

As you can see, they are not OEM Lexus center caps. They do fit perfectly and make the
car look much better. We shall see how well they hold up to weather, grime and washing.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-oldcap1.jpg   What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-back1.jpg   What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-front1.jpg   What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-capinstalled1.jpg  
Old 03-18-16, 09:37 AM
Cube
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got the emergency foot brake adjusted for the coming car inspection

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your sc430 today?