SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What did you do to/for your sc430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-16, 11:39 AM
2004sc
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Thanks 2004sc! Guess, I gotta start filling up my piggy bank and go on a diet.
Yeah, me too. I intend to do this conversion, but first I'm going to get rid of that hated "I Agree" button on my nav screen. I've been told that it can't be done on a 2004 without upgrading the nav dvd player to Gen 4. That is my next purchase and then I'll work on those "cosmetic" tail lights. Sure do like the looks of the newer ones though. Good luck with yours.
Old 09-06-16, 01:29 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004sc
Yeah, me too. I intend to do this conversion, but first I'm going to get rid of that hated "I Agree" button on my nav screen. I've been told that it can't be done on a 2004 without upgrading the nav dvd player to Gen 4. That is my next purchase and then I'll work on those "cosmetic" tail lights. Sure do like the looks of the newer ones though. Good luck with yours.
I was told that there is a blue wire in the nav screen harness that can be grounded to make the car think the parking brake in on therefore the nav thinks you're parked and will never be locked out. No confirmation on it yet, though. No way to remove the "I agree," screen, from my understanding. Doesn't bother me much. I have a 2015 Mazda CX5 and it has a similar screen too.
Old 09-06-16, 06:14 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

There are a few folks with the "I agree" eliminated via their mods. Mentioned another thread, posts # 17 & 18.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...igation-2.html
Old 09-06-16, 06:27 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Harold57
There are a few folks with the "I agree" eliminated via their mods. Mentioned another thread, posts # 17 & 18.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...igation-2.html
Uhhh buddy, I wrote that. and it's just a bypass so you can type while in motion. Doesn't get rid of the "I Agree" screen.
Old 09-06-16, 06:54 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

The Vaistech iPod adapter gets rid of the "I agree" annoyance.
Old 09-06-16, 07:11 PM
Skee07
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rims look great! Coilovers are one of the best upgrades for the SC

Rims look great! You will love how the SC feels with the new coilovers, hands down one of the best upgrades. Didn't like the black chromium finish in person . Looked great in the photos. So I painted them to match the car. Black on black everything.

Coilovers installed .

Test fitting the wheels before I painted them.

All the stock and aftermarket suspension that I swapped out. Those are the sway bars from the sway bar upgrade that I found in the archives. Gs300 front / ISF rear..

Steering rack bushing ..really easy to swap out and worth it. No more play in the steering wheel

Before the swap.. [/QUOTE]
The following users liked this post:
TitanG545 (05-08-20)
Old 09-06-16, 07:22 PM
2004sc
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bon
The Vaistech iPod adapter gets rid of the "I agree" annoyance.
Bon and everyone else interested in this fix...JohnnyCake put me on to a guy at Vaistech who johnnycake said had all of the answers. I spoke to him today about the elimination of the "I Agree". He says their model SL3b-L accomplishes this. It will only work for 2005-2009 SC's. So, if you have a 2004 SC like I do you must first upgrade to Gen 4 from a later SC. I got one on ebay that came out of an '06 Lexus RX. All will be here next week. I've been trying to figure out for a year how to get rid of that "I Agree" button. I'll make a post and let you know whether it actually works. There is another recent thread on upgrading to Gen 4 that has all you need to know.
Old 09-06-16, 07:56 PM
Skee07
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Install complete

Replaced all speakers.. Starting with the tweeters

10 inch kicker comp... 4x6 rear speakers, modified factory bracket.. 6x9's for the front doors

Pioneer 6x9's in doors

Pioneer head unit. Front ,rear and sub output.. Easy way to install a aftermarket radio and keep your NAV without spending $350 on the beat sonics harness.. I took the main mother board out of the factory deck. Tucked it in the glove box and plugged the three harness connectors back in. Ran all new speaker wire and left the mid range speaker in drivers hooked up for the voice command from the nav unit

10 inch Kicker sub

I used the factory radio faceplate to make perfect fit snap in radio trim

Radio cover works great. I love this feature!

Old 09-07-16, 06:23 AM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Bon and everyone else interested in this fix...JohnnyCake put me on to a guy at Vaistech who johnnycake said had all of the answers. I spoke to him today about the elimination of the "I Agree". He says their model SL3b-L accomplishes this. It will only work for 2005-2009 SC's. So, if you have a 2004 SC like I do you must first upgrade to Gen 4 from a later SC. I got one on ebay that came out of an '06 Lexus RX. All will be here next week. I've been trying to figure out for a year how to get rid of that "I Agree" button. I'll make a post and let you know whether it actually works. There is another recent thread on upgrading to Gen 4 that has all you need to know.
Yes, please do. The info on this functionality is limited. I have seen discussions where Vaistech says the SL2U model works on a Gen 3 nav system. That said, the SL3U manual doesn't even discuss it so I'm not even sure they support this function any longer.
Old 09-07-16, 06:30 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bon
Yes, please do. The info on this functionality is limited. I have seen discussions where Vaistech says the SL2U model works on a Gen 3 nav system. That said, the SL3U manual doesn't even discuss it so I'm not even sure they support this function any longer.
I have the sl3u for my 2002 and it does not remove the I agree screen.
Old 09-07-16, 10:09 AM
2004sc
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bon
Bon...according to my guy at Vaistech, SL2U is no longer offered (and it is not listed on their web site) and the newer version SL3 that I mentioned will not work on anything earlier than a 2005. Again, when I get all of my parts in and get it hooked up I will put up some detailed instructions and tell you what works and what does not work. I know there are lots of people who would like to get rid of "I Agree"...just a question of how much you want to spend to "get 'er done".
Old 09-07-16, 10:30 AM
ltsr
Pole Position

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Washed, clayed and waxed the SC. Feelin smooth..
Old 09-07-16, 04:27 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the 2006 model and installed the Vais Tech SL3B and can confirm it will eliminate the "I Agree" as part of the setup programming after you do the install.
Old 09-07-16, 08:37 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Poqman
I have the 2006 model and installed the Vais Tech SL3B and can confirm it will eliminate the "I Agree" as part of the setup programming after you do the install.
SL3B is the bluetooth unit, SL3U is the aux input unit. Different units, so might allow different capabilities.
Old 09-08-16, 05:29 AM
2004sc
Rookie

Originally Posted by Poqman
Poqman...question - Does the SL3B connect to the audio system or to the nav system or both? Still waiting for mine to come in. Thanks.

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your sc430 today?