SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What did you do to/for your sc430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-19, 01:00 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Drbrdb
YouTube Hikeit and Peddle Commander
I use SprintBooster but the mod to get rid of the "lag" is the Transmission Pressure Mod. Search the forum for it and read up. I have both the Trans Pressure set to firm and the SprintBooster.
Old 11-03-19, 04:15 AM
Drbrdb
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just read up and thanks. I’ll be sure to make the adjustment.
Old 11-03-19, 05:16 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

I decided to clean her up & noticed a small water leak coming from the top, so after further investigating (trying to open the roof unsuccessfully) , I now have a roof issue... !!!! This after bragging about not really having any big issues, in the 12 yrs of ownership.
Old 11-03-19, 07:01 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Oh bummer texsexlex. Sorry to see that!
Old 11-03-19, 07:30 PM
JTho
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Oh no, texsexlex! So sorry. Keep us posted on what you find out.
Old 11-03-19, 07:36 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JTho
Oh no, texsexlex! So sorry. Keep us posted on what you find out.
...will do.... I just made a thread, open to some suggestions...lol
Old 11-03-19, 09:46 PM
Raven01750
Racer

Received 351 Likes on 279 Posts

I "tried" all weekend to install my backup camera. What an incredible PITA. Getting to the backup lights and splicing into the wire was the easiest part. There is NO switched ACC power in the trunk accept the antenna and the top ECU that I am loathe to mess with. The backup camera I bought is very nice looking but goes across the top of the license plate obscuring most of the vehicle registration tag which I'm certain the police will not be pleased about either.

And, I have come to the conclusion that I either have a bad video feed unit or a bad camera. I'm so bummed. Now I have to go on travel for the next two weeks and won't be able to even get her put back together. I'll order a new camera while I am away hoping that when I get back, that will be the fix. If not, then a new video unit. Don't want to call anyone out yet because the situation is still developing. Sheesh.

Paul
Old 11-06-19, 07:44 PM
ShellyGX
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven01750
I "tried" all weekend to install my backup camera. What an incredible PITA. Getting to the backup lights and splicing into the wire was the easiest part. There is NO switched ACC power in the trunk accept the antenna and the top ECU that I am loathe to mess with. The backup camera I bought is very nice looking but goes across the top of the license plate obscuring most of the vehicle registration tag which I'm certain the police will not be pleased about either.

And, I have come to the conclusion that I either have a bad video feed unit or a bad camera. I'm so bummed. Now I have to go on travel for the next two weeks and won't be able to even get her put back together. I'll order a new camera while I am away hoping that when I get back, that will be the fix. If not, then a new video unit. Don't want to call anyone out yet because the situation is still developing. Sheesh.

Paul
for mine I got a camera that has a double stick pad and two screws to put it above the license plate for same concern you noticed

there is switched acc at pin 18 the purple wire in the large connector to the nav unit

in my install it first did not work but it turned out I needed to ground the parking brake wire then it worked.

which switch unit are you using? Soundgate?
Old 11-07-19, 04:49 AM
mandyfig
Forum Moderator

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

I bought 2 of these, one to be installed on the SC. From the reviews it seems to be plain and simple. Obviously my intent was to use my Iphone for the camera video while backing up. From the reviews, it works. All I need is the power source. Just tap into the tail light. I will post install pics.

Old 11-07-19, 06:12 PM
Raven01750
Racer

Originally Posted by ShellyGX
for mine I got a camera that has a double stick pad and two screws to put it above the license plate for same concern you noticed

there is switched acc at pin 18 the purple wire in the large connector to the nav unit

in my install it first did not work but it turned out I needed to ground the parking brake wire then it worked.

which switch unit are you using? Soundgate?
Switched ACC on Pin 18 on the NAV unit. Thanks. I'll check when I get back home. And I did order a new camera that sounds just like the one you described. AND, I tried grounding the blue wire for the brake. It didn't work either. The circuit is very simple. It wont be hard to figure out. Its just doing it for the first time that makes it a pain. Thanks.

Paul
Old 11-12-19, 02:37 PM
Sungirl
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking Good
Old 11-16-19, 06:07 PM
Raven01750
Racer

Went back to the Soundgate backup camera project today. I received the replacement camera while I was away on my trip. Still no joy on this one but I did get the backup camera to work. Unfortunately, while the backup camera was working, the Navigation display does not. Once I restored all of the OEM connections, the Navigation screen works normally. So, I guess my next step is to go back to Soundgate and see what they recommend. Sometimes things just don't come together quite like we hope.

Paul
Old 11-16-19, 06:32 PM
joemg
Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven01750
Went back to the Soundgate backup camera project today. I received the replacement camera while I was away on my trip. Still no joy on this one but I did get the backup camera to work. Unfortunately, while the backup camera was working, the Navigation display does not. Once I restored all of the OEM connections, the Navigation screen works normally. So, I guess my next step is to go back to Soundgate and see what they recommend. Sometimes things just don't come together quite like we hope.

Paul
I feel you on this... I'm still fighting with my Nav stuff too. I finally got the Naviks displaying correctly with the cameras, but now I'm working on getting mirroring with audio and not losing bluetooth control. Long story... when I finally get it right I'll update my stereo thread with how I did it.

Things definitely don't always go the way we would hope, but I guess that's what makes customizing cars interesting, lol. I'm sure you'll get it all working eventually and that makes you savor the victory even more every time you use it.

I'll take a pic of my front & rear cameras tomorrow. I think they both look pretty stealthy, which was difficult on the front. They work well, I never had one before so I'm still getting used to it.
They're from https://ibeamusa.com/products
The front is the flush mount micro camera, the back is one of the regular over the license plate ones, I forgot the exact model.

Last edited by joemg; 11-16-19 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-28-19, 08:55 AM
Cariduro24
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Detailed my Newly Acquired 2005 SC430

Cleaned and shampoo the interiors, wheel wells, wheels, engine bay, wash and wax. Now I ran out of things to do to the car! I'll find something.
The following users liked this post:
okievision (12-28-19)
Old 12-28-19, 01:25 PM
evgeniy
Pit Crew

Received 92 Likes on 54 Posts

I installed camera in spoiler.

The following 2 users liked this post by evgeniy:
digitatc (12-28-19), joemg (12-29-19)

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your sc430 today?