SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What did you do to/for your sc430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-20, 11:49 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 454 Likes on 338 Posts

GmanSC

Looking nice!

Dennis
Old 10-04-20, 12:57 AM
BrazenC5
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

New rims and tires.

Attachment 487085

Work Meister M1 / Toyo Proxes
F: 19x9 +25 A-disc 255/40/19 R: 19x10 +24 O-disc 295/35/19
The following 2 users liked this post by BrazenC5:
digitatc (10-09-20), joemg (10-23-20)
Old 10-04-20, 06:59 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Another WGC color! Very nice!
Old 10-05-20, 06:52 PM
Hookedongo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Put new speakers in the bottom part of the Door panel.

My right passenger Speaker was not working, yet the sound of my Pioneer Radio in my 2003 SC430 was amazing without it. I decided to replace the two speakers on the bottom of the door panels. The sound on the Driver's side was perfect, but thought it was better to go ahead and replace both speakers.

When completed, the right side worked perfectly, but hardly anything was coming out of the left side. It made it sound like it had a Covid mask on, very muffled. I played around with the setting thinking, 1, I had the base to high, 2, There must be a volume control somewhere for each side of the front. 3. I purchased a bad speaker. I tried to move the balance from one side to the other. The passenger sound was great, the Driver's side was hardly making any sound. Again, it was wonderful before I started this project because since the right speaker was out originally, I moved the balance almost to the Driver's side of the car to listen to the music.

Now I have a problem, after replacing the Driver's side speaker, I can hardly hear them. Taking it back tomorrow to find out why. Any ideas why one side would work and the other not unless I had a bad speaker? Noticeably, there are two speakers where the music comes out on both side, and both seem to be working fine now on the Passenger side, but cab hardly hear the music of the right.
Old 10-05-20, 06:53 PM
Hookedongo
Driver School Candidate

Those are beautiful. How wheels can make such a huge difference.
Old 10-05-20, 08:05 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 556 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Hookedongo
My right passenger Speaker was not working, yet the sound of my Pioneer Radio in my 2003 SC430 was amazing without it. I decided to replace the two speakers on the bottom of the door panels. The sound on the Driver's side was perfect, but thought it was better to go ahead and replace both speakers.

When completed, the right side worked perfectly, but hardly anything was coming out of the left side. It made it sound like it had a Covid mask on, very muffled. I played around with the setting thinking, 1, I had the base to high, 2, There must be a volume control somewhere for each side of the front. 3. I purchased a bad speaker. I tried to move the balance from one side to the other. The passenger sound was great, the Driver's side was hardly making any sound. Again, it was wonderful before I started this project because since the right speaker was out originally, I moved the balance almost to the Driver's side of the car to listen to the music.

Now I have a problem, after replacing the Driver's side speaker, I can hardly hear them. Taking it back tomorrow to find out why. Any ideas why one side would work and the other not unless I had a bad speaker? Noticeably, there are two speakers where the music comes out on both side, and both seem to be working fine now on the Passenger side, but cab hardly hear the music of the right.
It quite simple to figure out which one is bad by swapping the known good one into its place.
Old 10-05-20, 08:13 PM
Hookedongo
Driver School Candidate

I have read online about this problem happening more than I would think. They talk about amps being out of balance between speakers, and the fact that sitting in the Driver's seat will cause the volume to be lower than the right, and maybe visa versa. I never noticed this before. The AMP idea is something I think the installer would have to figure out as well as taking off both doors again and switching out the new speakers, but with two of them being low volume, that seems less likely. The other cause was that he reverse the wires by mistake. I will follow up on what happens,. Thank you for your reply.
The following users liked this post:
ShawnOk (10-14-20)
Old 10-05-20, 08:22 PM
Rickoddone
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Added CarPlay and Android Connect interface
The following 2 users liked this post by Rickoddone:
elibutton (09-30-21), WIL44 (10-07-20)
Old 10-05-20, 08:41 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hookedongo
I have read online about this problem happening more than I would think. They talk about amps being out of balance between speakers, and the fact that sitting in the Driver's seat will cause the volume to be lower than the right, and maybe visa versa. I never noticed this before. The AMP idea is something I think the installer would have to figure out as well as taking off both doors again and switching out the new speakers, but with two of them being low volume, that seems less likely. The other cause was that he reverse the wires by mistake. I will follow up on what happens,. Thank you for your reply.
Next time you should start the new thread, you will get more responses.
Old 10-06-20, 12:02 AM
BrazenC5
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickoddone

Added CarPlay and Android Connect interface
What components did you use to add Apple car play and Android connect interface?

Looks great.
The following users liked this post:
WIL44 (10-07-20)
Old 10-06-20, 02:52 AM
Seattle SCone
Advanced

Received 293 Likes on 175 Posts

Replaced original, 18 year old front and rear sway bar bushings. Wow! That made a big difference in how much she sways during turns. So much tighter now, especially for a low cost, temporary measure until my new front and rear sway bars and Figs bushings arrive. Took me two hours at a leisurely pace - even better with my QuickJack to lift her up for the project.

Can hardly wait until I complete my suspension refresh and coilover install in about a month. She's going to be a completely different experience, especially coming from original struts and suspension.

Meanwhile, care feels so much sure footed with just new bushings on the OEM sways. Also got new Bosch rotors and Akebono ceramic pads a few days ago.

Still love this car at 221,000 miles! Best all round daily driver I have ever owned.

Old 10-06-20, 04:31 AM
Drbrdb
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Timing Belt Water Pump

First time replacement on my 2005 Pebble Beach. 27,800 miles on her. I took her to Eric’s Wrench in Delray Beach FL. Extremely professional, loaner car etc.
Old 10-06-20, 10:38 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Drbrdb
First time replacement on my 2005 Pebble Beach. 27,800 miles on her. I took her to Eric’s Wrench in Delray Beach FL. Extremely professional, loaner car etc.
What are you replacing or have been replaced?
Old 10-06-20, 11:10 AM
Drbrdb
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just replaced timing belt and water pump. It was a mistake. Age is irrelevant, it’s only mileage that matters if the car has been well kept. My belt was perfect after 15 years. If I had known what I know now I would have waited for 100,000 miles
Old 10-06-20, 09:28 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Drbrdb
Just replaced timing belt and water pump. It was a mistake. Age is irrelevant, it’s only mileage that matters if the car has been well kept. My belt was perfect after 15 years. If I had known what I know now I would have waited for 100,000 miles
I would not take that chance. My opinion.
The following 2 users liked this post by GmanSC:
Bgw70 (10-09-20), WIL44 (10-07-20)

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your sc430 today?