SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Still in Demand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 07:17 AM
sixonemale
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Still in Demand?

My wife generally drives our SC and I occasionally drive it just to see how it is running, for general maintenance or for a drive along the coast with her, etc. A couple of days ago I was driving it to get the oil changed and while out on the road at stoplight, an older gentleman stopped next to me rolled down his window and asked if he could talk to me about my car and I said "sure, let's pull over". I pulled over and he asked what year the SC was and I replied '06 and we went into details about the car. He said has been looking for the exact color combo I was driving, '06 or later, for he and his wife and wanted to buy it from someone who maintained it well, kept it in great condition and knew a bit about the car. He must have told five times that his offer would be cash and tossed out a high offer. I texted my wife and told her about it and her reply was "you don't want to sell it, do you?" Needless to say it's not going anywhere, but I was flattered to receive a fairly robust cash offer from someone on the road who simply saw the car turn onto a roadway.
Old 12-03-15, 07:42 AM
mpezely
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not surprised, they are a unique and classy looking car. Care to share what kind of an offer he made?
Old 12-03-15, 12:17 PM
sixonemale
Intermediate

I'll simply say the price was more than fair, plus it was cash. I simply think he saw the car in a nice light and the stars, moon, sun aligned which caused him to make an offer. I think he was also taken back that I did not come across excited about cash or the offer, which I was not, but was flattered. He also knew a lot about cars and had owned many, many nice cars throughout his long life to present and understood exceptional quality of this car.

With all of that said, I had the oil changed on my wife's SC today and exchanged it with my car at her workplace and parked her SC in the exact same spot that she had my car in. Her SC is the one on right. It's semi unique to see a pair of SC's and bit more unique to see three SC's together, but very unique to three SC's together that are all the same color, hence the reason I'm sharing. Kind of funny.....I've must have been in the right place at the right time for the offer, if only he had drove by this parking lot.

Last edited by sixonemale; 12-03-15 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-03-15, 01:30 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 563 Likes on 429 Posts

Whoa! That's unique. Wish I was there so I can park my black in between.
Old 12-03-15, 03:35 PM
sixonemale
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sixonemale
I'll simply say the price was more than fair, plus it was cash. I simply think he saw the car in a nice light and the stars, moon, sun aligned which caused him to make an offer. I think he was also taken back that I did not come across excited about cash or the offer, which I was not, but was flattered. He also knew a lot about cars and had owned many, many nice cars throughout his long life to present and understood exceptional quality of this car.

With all of that said, I had the oil changed on my wife's SC today and exchanged it with my car at her workplace and parked her SC in the exact same spot that she had my car in. Her SC is the one on right. It's semi unique to see a pair of SC's and bit more unique to see three SC's together, but very unique to three SC's together that are all the same color, hence the reason I'm sharing. Kind of funny.....I've must have been in the right place at the right time for the offer, if only he had drove by this parking lot.

Subtle differences on each car, besides wheels: The middle SC must be an '02 - '05 by the tail lights and color, white gold crystal; the SC in the middle must be an '06 due to the tail lights and the last year they used the white gold crystal color; so the SC on far left must be an '07 to '10, due to the tail lights and when they started using the color of starfire pearl.

Last edited by sixonemale; 12-03-15 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-04-15, 06:49 AM
MrVancey
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a long list of folks who said if I ever want to sell to let them know. But my sister "demanded" I put it in my will that she gets the car if I croak before she does.
Old 12-04-15, 11:42 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 563 Likes on 429 Posts

I had my eye on the SC for sometimes, long before I sold my LS400 in 2011. Finally, I fulfilled my dream. Thanks to God for the good life and thanks to Lexus for the awesome car.