SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Fun Thread? - Pick a (weekend/evening) mod/project for someone else!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-16, 05:20 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Fun Thread? - Pick a (weekend/evening) mod/project for someone else!

I thought maybe we could start something fun. We all talk about different mods we want to do. Time, money, procrastination, etc... get in the way.

Maybe we could have a thread where we call out one another choosing which mod they should do. Then the person (if willing, obviously) gets it done and reports on how it went.

Maybe a few rules, restrictions for this:
1. The mod should be something that can be completed in, at most, a day or two. Preferably an evening to make the thread flow smoother.
2. No restriction on the cost, with the exception that if you suggest something too expensive, it may not get accepted.
3. If you complete the mod, you need to call out someone else (though no problem with consecutive call outs in the thread.)

I will offer myself up as the first victim. I can post a small list of a few of the smaller mods planned from my list if it would help.

1. Cupholder mod
2. Power outlets/Rechargeable flashlight in trunk
3. Under hood/trunk work lights
4. Ashtray modification
5. LED conversion (would probably have to pick just one item for time)
6. Kickpanel lights with switch to turn on manually (+ USB charger)
7. Stash for emergency cash/credit card, etc...
8. Stowaway tablet dock

Ok, that's good for now. lol

Maybe we should make that a rule. If you post a callout, add a list of small mods you had been planning yourself so someone else can call you out.

Last edited by Retroplay; 01-08-16 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-08-16, 05:21 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

...lol...this should be interesting
Old 01-08-16, 08:33 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Haha, I feel like we're all seated in a circle playing "Duck.Duck.Goose," and Retro is the wolf circling around us ready to choose his victim.
Old 01-08-16, 08:44 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Haha, I feel like we're all seated in a circle playing "Duck.Duck.Goose," and Retro is the wolf circling around us ready to choose his victim.
lol. Nah. I am just thinking that others might be like me. I am usually more motivated when challenged. If I leave things open ended, I tend to procrastinate.

That was why I added that people should add their own list of projects they have wanted to do but haven't gotten around to yet. That way nobody picks something too outrageous. Different people have different skills, amounts of time, and financial means. So that's the only way I can think to keep it doable and not embarrassing to anyone.

I'd just like to help us all get some more projects done, have some fun doing it, and encourage the sharing of the knowledge (including the mistakes made) so others can learn from it and get ideas for their own projects.

BTW, *goose*, Shawn.
Old 01-09-16, 06:29 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

Would we add our mod pictures and descriptions here or in a new thread?
Old 01-09-16, 06:47 AM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Would we add our mod pictures and descriptions here or in a new thread?
Good question. What would be your suggestion? Since many of the mods have probably been covered here before, maybe this thread unless it is really involved?

But the separate threads make it much easier for people when they are searching for something.
Old 01-09-16, 06:51 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I would say in this thread, unless you wanted to write a how to. Then I would post a pic or two here, then a tread with the full how to. Jmt's
Old 01-09-16, 07:17 AM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Coleroad
I would say in this thread, unless you wanted to write a how to. Then I would post a pic or two here, then a tread with the full how to. Jmt's

+1

And since nobody has yet picked one for me, I am about to go start one of the items in that list anyway.
Old 01-09-16, 08:37 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

I challenge you to go start 7.
That way, when I come visit you when you thaw out, I will know where to look first! LoL!!!
Just couldn't resist!...

Seriously, how about 3. The under hood/trunk work lights.

BTW, I will post up my current mods and planned mods later today...I am out pressure washing the fence and driveway today.
Old 01-09-16, 08:47 AM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bgw70
I challenge you to go start 7.
That way, when I come visit you when you thaw out, I will know where to look first! LoL!!!
Just couldn't resist!...

Seriously, how about 3. The under hood/trunk work lights.

BTW, I will post up my current mods and planned mods later today...I am out pressure washing the fence and driveway today.
Haha. Yeah, I should probably be very generic about Mod number 7.

3 will work. But first I have to finish #6 which I just started. Should be able to finish both this weekend.
Old 01-10-16, 10:53 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Haha. I unfortunately have to take a few weeks off from working on my car. I'm in Champaign for a board review course so my priority for the next 6 weeks will be my studies but after that I should have some time to start on a few idea I've also got in the works for my car.
Old 01-11-16, 10:11 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

...ok this is my addition to this thread, did it a couple nights ago,but just got around to taking pics.....my Injen Intake