SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Can you wire a backup camera & a relay into the NAV screen instead of using Navicks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-19, 07:15 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by TomDargan
Which pin knows please when you've opened the dashboard screen door?
I don’t understand your question.
Old 07-23-19, 09:24 AM
TomDargan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bgw70, which pin, if any, changes electrical status when the dashboard screen is opened? Does it switch to +12V, or to ground, for instance? That would let me turn on my backup camera when I ope n the screen cover.
Old 07-23-19, 01:14 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

Tom
Many of us wanted to do just that but have not been able to. May be you can find the way. Let's know.
Old 07-23-19, 03:13 PM
TomDargan
Rookie

Which lead powers the nav system in the trunk? Can I turn off the nav system in the trunk from the dash, with the motor running? By closing the screen cover door? A second-grader's refrigerator light problem, isn't it?
Old 07-23-19, 05:15 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Which lead powers the nav system in the trunk? Can I turn off the nav system in the trunk from the dash, with the motor running? By closing the screen cover door? A second-grader's refrigerator light problem, isn't it?
Pin 18 ís +12V ignition ON if what you’re asking.
Yes, you can turn off the NAV, just close the door.
It will not open again until you push the OPEN button.
Old 07-24-19, 05:53 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Bgw70, which pin, if any, changes electrical status when the dashboard screen is opened? Does it switch to +12V, or to ground, for instance? That would let me turn on my backup camera when I ope n the screen cover.
You might want to consider purchasing the schematics for our cars...they are inexpensive and very helpful. I have used mine many times over the years to help me and others on CL.
i still don’t fully understand how you want it to operate.
ie. Just a backup camera or a constant rear camera when driving.
if you want a constant camera while driving, Darryl posted a video showing this operation with the open button.
Old 07-06-20, 10:51 AM
dgabbs
Driver School Candidate

I want to install a back up camera in my sc430 2007. Can I just relay all of that from the trunk or do i need to run a wire all the way to the front unit?
Old 07-07-20, 07:10 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dgabbs
I want to install a back up camera in my sc430 2007. Can I just relay all of that from the trunk or do i need to run a wire all the way to the front unit?
it’s not that simple.
Old 07-07-20, 07:27 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Go with the Naviks. It’s not that difficult. If I have to do it again, probably take about hour and half. The new Naviks has improved and upgraded.

Here is the PDF how to.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...tallation.html

BGW, I watched the video on YouTube yesterday regarding the back up cam and radio installation using Beatsonic, the installer had to remove the back seats and ran the wires from the trunk to the front, my question is, if you just need a back up cam, do you have to remove the back seats?

Old 07-07-20, 08:23 AM
ShellyGX
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GmanSC
Go with the Naviks. It’s not that difficult. If I have to do it again, probably take about hour and half. The new Naviks has improved and upgraded.

Here is the PDF how to.

BGW, I watched the video on YouTube yesterday regarding the back up cam and radio installation using Beatsonic, the installer had to remove the back seats and ran the wires from the trunk to the front, my question is, if you just need a back up cam, do you have to remove the back seats?

Beatsonic is a unit that allows an aftermarket head unit for the audio to integrate with the amp and speakers for the SC430. Beatsonic unit is housed behind the head unit in front. So it has to run wires to the back to the video input.

If just doing backup camera there would be no reason to take out the back seats because the unit is all in the back, nothing goes in the front at all. Video to the DVD box and from there to the NAV screen
Old 07-07-20, 09:45 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ShellyGX
Beatsonic is a unit that allows an aftermarket head unit for the audio to integrate with the amp and speakers for the SC430. Beatsonic unit is housed behind the head unit in front. So it has to run wires to the back to the video input.

If just doing backup camera there would be no reason to take out the back seats because the unit is all in the back, nothing goes in the front at all. Video to the DVD box and from there to the NAV screen
So as I understood, Beatsonic unit can be íntalled in front OR in the trunk. Is that correct?
Old 07-07-20, 11:18 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GmanSC

Here is the PDF how to.

I removed the backseat to run the camera video to the NAV screen...plus the beat sonic unit must interface with the new radio and chassis radio plugs. I am not sure how you could install the beatsonic in the trunk.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...007-sc430.html
Old 07-07-20, 11:22 AM
ShellyGX
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes you can just work in the back of the car. It is pretty simple, just need the interface to do it with.

Beat sonic is not what you want if only wanting the rear view camera. Beat sonic is primarily for replacing your audio head unit and want to use the stock amp and speakers. It has a rear view camera option and would need to run wires to the back. But for only rear view camera Beat sonic is not the thing to get. Beat sonic is always placed behind the audio head unit in the front and never in the back.
Old 07-07-20, 06:37 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ShellyGX
Yes you can just work in the back of the car. It is pretty simple, just need the interface to do it with.

Beat sonic is not what you want if only wanting the rear view camera. Beat sonic is primarily for replacing your audio head unit and want to use the stock amp and speakers. It has a rear view camera option and would need to run wires to the back. But for only rear view camera Beat sonic is not the thing to get. Beat sonic is always placed behind the audio head unit in the front and never in the back.
Got ít. Thanks.