SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 Third Party Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-19, 11:17 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 489 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by HerbTarlek

Finally, it appears the prior owner was in the dash as the HVAC unit has a corner broken off the plastic face & other cracks, plus the heated seat switches don't seem to be fully secured. Does Lexus sell just the plastic cover or will that require a whole new unit?
Is this what you are talking about? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-c-screen.html
Old 09-05-19, 04:31 PM
HerbTarlek
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DshngDaryl
Is this what you are talking about? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-c-screen.html

I actually found the broken piece...it was in the ashtray! Whoever owned it was kind enough to put it in there for me...

I'm not sure why they were in the dash...maybe remove an aftermarket stereo?? Or replace something? But they were clearly in the center & the door.

Got my speaker refoam kits today...sides & sub. Ordered new door actuators...just have to figure out what the problem with seat memory buttons, which don't work.

But that will have to wait until I get all my tax **** done....oh the joys of being self employed! : ( It almost makes me want to get a job.
Old 09-05-19, 06:26 PM
implantgs4
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HerbTarlek

I actually found the broken piece...it was in the ashtray! Whoever owned it was kind enough to put it in there for me...

I'm not sure why they were in the dash...maybe remove an aftermarket stereo?? Or replace something? But they were clearly in the center & the door.

Got my speaker refoam kits today...sides & sub. Ordered new door actuators...just have to figure out what the problem with seat memory buttons, which don't work.

But that will have to wait until I get all my tax **** done....oh the joys of being self employed! : ( It almost makes me want to get a job.
Most likely your seat memory buttons do work, you just have to “program” them. They were probably not “programmed” after a battery change.
I believe the procedure is, move seat all the way forward until it beeps, then move all the way back till it beeps, then put the back portion of the seat all the way forward until it beeps, then put the seat back all the way back until it beeps (when you do this, the seat will start moving forward to accommodate the back rest moving back).
There is another thread listing the exact procedure and it is in the owners manual.