SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Amazon will change your timing belt for $699

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-17, 10:02 PM
NocGTR
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just contacted the local installer in Houston waiting for a reply.
But installation is + $239.40
Quite a few good review too, so that would be a seal of the century if that is the case.
Old 06-19-18, 08:35 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Hello friends, so I spent some time trying to find this thread specifically b'c i remember there was discussion on having Amazon sponsored shops install the kit. Unfortunately, it no longer shows the installation option (changed to multiple zip codes and can't get the installation option to appear). Was hoping someone who did the replacement can verify if this kit has EVERYTHING needed for the replacement and is truly genuine Lexus OEM parts. I just want to make sure before I order. If it does not have all the part of requires more parts, please let me know (or please link the complete link) so that I can order the complete kit. Would hate to start this replacement only to find out the kit i purchased is missing crucial parts according to some of the many reviews I read (ie. pretensioner, thermostat, etc). Hope to hear from you all soon. Thank you. (Ps. I'm also looking for the OEM A/C Compressor, if anyone is willing to link that as a complete kit also). Thanks in advice.
Same link as above...
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-19-18, 09:51 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 563 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Hello friends, so I spent some time trying to find this thread specifically b'c i remember there was discussion on having Amazon sponsored shops install the kit. Unfortunately, it no longer shows the installation option (changed to multiple zip codes and can't get the installation option to appear). Was hoping someone who did the replacement can verify if this kit has EVERYTHING needed for the replacement and is truly genuine Lexus OEM parts. I just want to make sure before I order. If it does not have all the part of requires more parts, please let me know (or please link the complete link) so that I can order the complete kit. Would hate to start this replacement only to find out the kit i purchased is missing crucial parts according to some of the many reviews I read (ie. pretensioner, thermostat, etc). Hope to hear from you all soon. Thank you. (Ps. I'm also looking for the OEM A/C Compressor, if anyone is willing to link that as a complete kit also). Thanks in advice.
Same link as above... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EEYWKI...iglink20326-20
Hey Shawn, if you find this kit OK and you purchase it, let us know.
I'm wondering the same thing. My SC is at 64K now and I think it's the time to do TB and water pump. My mechanic will install TB and water pump for $300, labor only.
Old 06-19-18, 09:57 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Same link as above... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EEYWKI...iglink20326-20
your good with this kit...
NOTE: I always replace what I remove, add a thermostat, upper and lower hoses and the drive belt.
i would pick those items up on Rockauto.com along with the OEM dense AC compressor.

you could just get it all over there because the TB kit is exactly the same price. It looks like Amazon lowered their price to match Rockauto.