SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

TPMS Testing and Programming with TechStream 2002-2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-21, 10:15 AM
ESC43
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CostCo shut me down. No Discount Tire near me. Midas doing it for 88 bucks for all four. Seems fair.
Old 01-25-21, 11:04 AM
ESC43
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for this. Looking like midas will install all sensors for 88 bucks. I think the other guy thought the sensors were dead because he couldn't read them. I explained that he needed techstream to activate and program and he was clueless. Just ordered vci cable. Now trying to procure a laptop.
Old 01-25-21, 03:20 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 884 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by daddiojigg
Bgw: either reprogram or reduce the air in each tire, then look at Techstream for the reduced air pressure.
if you have a sensor at 1.8v, it may not respond to an air pressure change.
yes, I thought that would be a way but i was looking for the easiest,laziest method !!
sadly, I wish there was an easier way but the electronics were not installed in the car.
Toyota could have easily provided that info on the screen...they could have installed Techstream on the car and made the second video input on the nav screen for vehicle servicing...now that would have been cool.

I am waiting for someone to figure out how to make Techstream work on one of their aftermarket nav screen replacements.
Old 01-29-21, 02:39 PM
ESC43
Driver School Candidate

Sending one more thank you for all the input on this post. I have four working sensors now thanks to (1) a dude on ebay (2) Midas (3) a craigslist vista 32 bit laptop and (4) a MiniVCI Cord from amazon. I recommend doing this with a buddy so one of you can watch Techstream while the other deflates the tires. 1 of the 4 didn't cooperate (#3) but when I moved on to the last tire, they ended up all showing up. (I'm using TS version 9 something and it's very slow and tired.) My total spend was just under 420 dollars (200 for sensors, 88 to install at Midas, 75 for the laptop and 30 for the VCI cord.). That sounded pricey until I called a dealership in the Chicago suburbs who quoted me 430 dollars installed FOR ONE SENSOR. So I saved around $1300 thanks to this posting. I am most grateful. Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
Bgw70 (01-30-21)
Old 01-30-21, 07:14 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Not only did you save on this one incident but you also now have a diagnostic tool designed by Toyota specifically for Toyota/Lexus.
Bgw70 (01-30-21)
Old 08-02-21, 07:40 PM
Apricot34
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Shipping over $100

I have a question.

I checked Ebay prices as of Aug. 02, 2021 and saw different parts numbers on a set of four OEM Lexus tire pressure sensors for the SC430 Second Generation ( 2002 - 2006 ) among Auto Parts World, Bell Lexus and Rallye Lexus.

They are all 42607 series, however the last five digits differ. See below for each shop offers. I need people’s opinions if to be familiar with these matters.

1) Auto Parts World in Arbor, MICH
EBay seller
6% Sales Taxes
Item# 42607 - 24011 / 24021 / 24031 / 24041
Free Shipping for the purchase.
$317.85 for 4 pieces
or
$317.85 x 1.06 ( 6 % STX added ) = $336.921
NEW GENUINE OEM LEXUS 2002-2006 SC430 TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR SET OF 4

2) Bell Lexus North Scottsdale in Scottsdale, AZ
Lexus dealer and eBay seller
8.05% Sales Taxes
Item# 42607 - 24010 / 24020 / 24030 / 24040
Sipping and Handling $4.50
$318.08 for 4 pieces
$318.08 + $4.50 S&H = $322.58
or
$317.85 x 1.0805 ( 8.05% STX added ) = $343.69
$343.69 + $4.50 S&H = $348.19
LEXUS OEM FACTORY TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR SET 2002-2006 SC430

3) Rallye Lexus in Glen Cove, NY
Lexus dealer
8.63% Sales Taxes
Item# 42607 - 24011 / 24021 / 24031 / 24041
Offers free shipping over $100.00.
$79.43 x 4 pieces = $317.72
or
$317.72 x 1.0863 ( 8.63% STX added ) = $345.14
https://parts.rallyelexus.com/produc...ystem%20Sensor
( Note: For the First Generation, it costs $66.02. For the other other car types, switch the car model types and year to see the result )

If you don't live in the state where the store is located, you may be able to avoid paying sales taxes.

eBay recently launched online tax billing. If you buy a set of four, Belle Lexus would be the cheapest option.

If you read this thread, the price may have increased, so it is recommended that you inquire about the actual price.

Originally Posted by Bgw70
I just found this set of TPMS sensors for our 2002-2006 SC430s...$320 seems to be a decent price
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE...wAAOSwSmJfLM0E

Old 08-02-21, 11:59 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 884 Likes on 708 Posts

It stinks ebay is charging tax now…still, the eBay guy is your best deal.

read post 3 of this thread, here is the link.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ml#post9973261

later in post 17, I show the old vs new part number document from Toyota…
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ml#post9981342

Last edited by Bgw70; 08-03-21 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-03-21, 06:33 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 454 Likes on 338 Posts

The parts number ending in the 1 such as 24011, 24021,24031 and 24041 are the current version. These are the TPMS's I installed in my sons 05 a couple of months ago.

Dennis
Old 08-03-21, 11:34 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 486 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
It stinks ebay is charging tax now…
You can contact Bell Lexus Directly. They will (or used to) sell you them at the ebay price via phone. This way they don't have to pay ebay/paypal fees. Just call the number and ask for the internet sales department.
Bgw70 (08-03-21)
Old 08-15-21, 11:26 PM
Etski
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My TPMS saga. When I bought my used 2003 sc430 the tpms light was on and a local tire place tried to help. they said they were able to get a reading off one of them, but the conclusion was that 3 were probably dead batteries. I needed some front end work which required a front end alignment as well before I replaced the 2 badly worn tires. Having done all my reading in these threads, I eventually bought 4 new sensors from Standard Motor Products on Amazon. TPM61
Amazon Amazon

, TPM62, TPM63 & TPM64 are their part numbers and the prices for each vary, $59.88, $11.38, $49.62 & $11.38 respectively. Crazy, right?!? Discount tire thought they could install them and get them working, but no such luck. I bought 2 new tires, they installed those 2 valves included with installation and they installed the other 2 for $21 each (actually is was $21 each for all 4 tires, so same as new tire installation charge). Unfortunately they didn't have techstream and couldn't get the tires registered, so the TPMS now started beeping every 2 minutes while driving, very annoying. I know there's posts to disable the beeping, but I just spent about $150 extra trying to get TPMS working and both LEXUS and TOYOTA wanted hours of my time and much more money to get this working, so I ordered Techstream and a cable on Amazon too
Amazon Amazon
Tonight I finally installed Techstream and that was another struggle. I think because it is a 2003, I needed the older version of techstream https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...PHAe1AQBBM5I5A with the older firmware, but I also needed to use the hack that the chinese cable seller included (which flags as both trojan and ransomware) to actually get techstream to connect to my car. I used an old win7 laptop that's never really used except now, as my techstream machine, but I was ready to give up. The 12.10.019 version seems to require dealer passwords and the hack allowed me to set up region as china and run an international version, unfortunately that means my tire pressure is displayed as kPa(abs) instead of PSI, but I dealt with it. I got rid of the beeping and I registered my sensors, but not sure if I'm all the way there because TPMS light is still on, but at least they're registered. I think I still need to calibrate the pressure to get the light off, hopefully I can do that by just overinflating and then bringing them down to the correct tire pressure. Nobody really states exactly here how to do that and if you need to be running Techstream to do that. The 2003 as far as I know doesn't have a calibration reset button for the TPMS. Anyone with insight into this, I'd love to hear from you, but right now I'm happy. I have an annoying TPMS light on my dash, but thank god, no more dinging(I hope, I only pulled it in and out of the driveway). If I'd known how big a pain this was going to be, I probably would have just abandoned TPMS and pulled the warning light/buzzer plug underneath the radio. I was thinking when I need 4 new tires I might try the Michelin all weather runflats, that sound really good, but at this point I only needed two tires, so I stuck with 2 summer tires and I'm running naked with no spare. If I finally get TPMS working, next set might be Michelins, any feedback on them?
ED2023 (04-17-23)
Old 08-16-21, 05:59 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Etski
My TPMS saga. When I bought my used 2003 sc430 the tpms light was on and a local tire place tried to help. they said they were able to get a reading off one of them, but the conclusion was that 3 were probably dead batteries. I needed some front end work which required a front end alignment as well before I replaced the 2 badly worn tires. Having done all my reading in these threads, I eventually bought 4 new sensors from Standard Motor Products on Amazon. TPM61
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DCC4E4...roduct_details

, TPM62, TPM63 & TPM64 are their part numbers and the prices for each vary, $59.88, $11.38, $49.62 & $11.38 respectively. Crazy, right?!? Discount tire thought they could install them and get them working, but no such luck. I bought 2 new tires, they installed those 2 valves included with installation and they installed the other 2 for $21 each (actually is was $21 each for all 4 tires, so same as new tire installation charge). Unfortunately they didn't have techstream and couldn't get the tires registered, so the TPMS now started beeping every 2 minutes while driving, very annoying. I know there's posts to disable the beeping, but I just spent about $150 extra trying to get TPMS working and both LEXUS and TOYOTA wanted hours of my time and much more money to get this working, so I ordered Techstream and a cable on Amazon too https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088RJSR5Y...roduct_details
Tonight I finally installed Techstream and that was another struggle. I think because it is a 2003, I needed the older version of techstream https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...PHAe1AQBBM5I5A with the older firmware, but I also needed to use the hack that the chinese cable seller included (which flags as both trojan and ransomware) to actually get techstream to connect to my car. I used an old win7 laptop that's never really used except now, as my techstream machine, but I was ready to give up. The 12.10.019 version seems to require dealer passwords and the hack allowed me to set up region as china and run an international version, unfortunately that means my tire pressure is displayed as kPa(abs) instead of PSI, but I dealt with it. I got rid of the beeping and I registered my sensors, but not sure if I'm all the way there because TPMS light is still on, but at least they're registered. I think I still need to calibrate the pressure to get the light off, hopefully I can do that by just overinflating and then bringing them down to the correct tire pressure. Nobody really states exactly here how to do that and if you need to be running Techstream to do that. The 2003 as far as I know doesn't have a calibration reset button for the TPMS. Anyone with insight into this, I'd love to hear from you, but right now I'm happy. I have an annoying TPMS light on my dash, but thank god, no more dinging(I hope, I only pulled it in and out of the driveway). If I'd known how big a pain this was going to be, I probably would have just abandoned TPMS and pulled the warning light/buzzer plug underneath the radio. I was thinking when I need 4 new tires I might try the Michelin all weather runflats, that sound really good, but at this point I only needed two tires, so I stuck with 2 summer tires and I'm running naked with no spare. If I finally get TPMS working, next set might be Michelins, any feedback on them?

I can't speak to any of the Standard motor products sensors, but none of us, that I know of, have had any luck with sensors from 02-06 other than Denso. The Lexus sensor is just a repackaged Denso. I have had Firestone swear they can program the sensors but have failed to do so. My guess is, you will not get the light to turn off until you install the Denso sensor.
Old 08-16-21, 07:51 AM
Etski
Rookie

Default all is now working! No dinging, no lights! All good!

Originally Posted by iolmaster
I can't speak to any of the Standard motor products sensors, but none of us, that I know of, have had any luck with sensors from 02-06 other than Denso. The Lexus sensor is just a repackaged Denso. I have had Firestone swear they can program the sensors but have failed to do so. My guess is, you will not get the light to turn off until you install the Denso sensor.
One day later, still no dinging when I turned the car on or taking my daughter to school (but the TPMS light was on solid). After dropping her off, I took my car to Burt Brothers auto and had him fill all my tires to 33psi, light was still on. Drove it home. Put it in park and lo and behold, the TPMS light went off! Yee Ha! Problem is solved. I am extremely happy to report that I was successful!

I believe I have 4 totally working aftermarket sensors all programmed and working 100% and a working copy of Techstream for a steal of a deal! I couldn't have done it without clublexus! Thanks for all the helpful posts I read and I hope my post helps others as well. I look forward to doing some more testing with TechStream. Last night the only other codes I found were B1421 & B1424 on the air conditioner, but another clublexus post explained that was because I tested it in my garage and it was nighttime, so the solar sensors normally give this result! I love Club Lexus, so happy to have joined this club! I'm going to enjoy no lights or sounds for a while before I try TechStream again (if it ain't broken, don't fix it), but I do look forward to some more tinkering in the future! This SC430 really makes driving fun again!

Last edited by Etski; 08-16-21 at 08:43 AM. Reason: addressing fact that Denso sensors are not the only ones that work
ED2023 (04-17-23)
Old 08-16-21, 09:59 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 556 Likes on 423 Posts

What’s the year of your SC? You might trigger the VSC light if you hook up your TechStream. In that case, you need to built the tool to reset it. There is recent thread about this.
Old 08-16-21, 02:19 PM
Etski
Rookie

Default Easy vsc/vsc off light reset after using dlc port

Originally Posted by GmanSC
What’s the year of your SC? You might trigger the VSC light if you hook up your TechStream. In that case, you need to built the tool to reset it. There is recent thread about this.
I have read all about the paper clip fix and used it several times already. Pin 4-14 short then turn ignition to on position. Mine is a 2003 and apparently has an error every time anything is plugged into the diagnostic port. The fix is so easy and well documented on club Lexus. I love this forum!
Old 09-02-21, 03:32 PM
oneround
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DshngDaryl
You can contact Bell Lexus Directly. They will (or used to) sell you them at the ebay price via phone. This way they don't have to pay ebay/paypal fees. Just call the number and ask for the internet sales department.
Thanks for the heads up.

I contacted Bell via email and asked for a price. They responded in an hour or two. They are having a labor day sale, and offered free shipping. Got 4 for ~$275 shipped to Florida.

Quick Reply: TPMS Testing and Programming with TechStream 2002-2006