Armorglove Service Update for Florida West Coast

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-03, 11:19 AM
golfkwesi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Armorglove Service Update for Florida West Coast

For all of the SC owners on the west coast of Florida:

I contacted Armorglove because the only installer in Florida that was listed on their web site is in West Palm Beach ( when I contacted that dealership I was told that they no longer install Armorglove ).

I did speak with the owner of Armorglove ( Joe? ) and he told me that he was close to completing the deal with a new installer that will be located in Clearwater, FL. He took my name and number and said that he would notify me when their training was complete.

If anyone else is interested I will provide the dealers contact information once I receive it.

PS: I asked him for the approximate cost of covering the front end, mirrors, etc. He said it should range between $400 - 500.

Regards
Old 06-29-03, 06:40 AM
Deanski
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AmorGlove

I hope this gets resolved soon for you.

I had Armorglove installed on my new '03 SC430 due to chipping in 15 days!

I had hood wrapped, front bumper/air-dam, headlights, area on fender next to headlights called "wings",
lower rocker panels, side mirrors and door cups.

Best investment I made.

One issue, when you wax or polish the car, be sure to mask off the areas where it ends or you will be cleaning it with a toothbrush!

Also, be careful with MF towels and other towels/buffers on it. Any firm pressure will scratch it or leave a mark. You may end up marring it as I did. Meguiars Plastix did not work to remove, so it looks like Novus next to try for removal.

You really cannot see it unless your right next to the car.

Armorglove in Greenwich, CT did the work at the Lexus dealer, and they did such a superb job! Joe is great for issues or questions you may have on the product.

Make sure prior to install that your paint is free from ANY swirls and is free from WAX! Best way to remove wax is Dawn dishwashing liquid. This will strip the wax off the finish. Follow up with clay bar to remove any surface contamination and polish the finish. After all, you don't want any defects under the Armorglove now do you?

Good luck, and keep us informed on how you do!

Regards,
Deanski