SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Feedback Needed For Potential New Product: 02-09 SC430 Climate Control LCDs

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-18, 09:23 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Are you planning the reversed polarized/colored LCD for AC control unit, Radio, and speedometer? Or all if the above? Would be nice if they all matched. Just a thought
Old 08-09-18, 09:59 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
Product price will be $99.99. We are accepting 50% deposits of $50 to reserve one. This price is for the OEM style screen, black, or blue. The product quality will be excellent and comparable to all of our other successful LCD screens that we have launched in the past.

If interested, please email me your name, vehicle info, and phone number to taninautomarket@gmail.com

Once we have a definite release date, we will be sure to post it
.......so do we give the 50% deposit when we email the info or after you give a definite launch date ? I'm traveling this weekend, but will send info on Monday, if question has been answered........thanx in advance
Old 08-09-18, 10:56 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Are you planning the reversed polarized/colored LCD for AC control unit, Radio, and speedometer? Or all if the above? Would be nice if they all matched. Just a thought
Anything is possible with 25-50 interested people, same as the climate control units.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 08-13-18, 07:37 PM
markfx
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How are people paying the $50 deposit, paypal, etc?
Who has determined the cost of having a shop do the install?
i like this idea, but I don't like it $350 (estimating $250 install) much...
Old 08-14-18, 08:43 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Originally Posted by markfx
How are people paying the $50 deposit, paypal, etc?
Who has determined the cost of having a shop do the install?
i like this idea, but I don't like it $350 (estimating $250 install) much...
We will be doing the install for $200 - $300 all in, including the part. If you aren't repairing your own screen we do not recommend buying the screen. No run of the mill shop will be able to install the screen. They would need advanced desoldering and soldering experience to do it correctly.

Old 08-20-18, 09:29 AM
rpjense
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Email sent to taninautomarket@gmail.com . I'm interested in the black background climate control for my '03 SC430. My current display is functional, but looks horribly aged.
The following users liked this post:
TaninAuto (08-20-18)
Old 08-20-18, 01:36 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We will be doing the install for $200 - $300 all in, including the part. If you aren't repairing your own screen we do not recommend buying the screen. No run of the mill shop will be able to install the screen. They would need advanced desoldering and soldering experience to do it correctly.
You can choose of the 2 market approaches. (1) Replacement/repair part better than the oem, (small market for higher prices, however lower than the oem to compete) (2) As Upgrade (larger market but has to be like $50 (?) must maintain the inventory. Use Ebay or Amazon, or parts distributor (wholesale) will have international exposure )
However cannot do much for a low/limited production model
Old 08-27-18, 02:44 PM
rpjense
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TaninAuto; I'm really interested in the black background climate control. But I'm real hesitant to send money to gauge interest. What happens to our deposits if you don't follow through with building the product? I'd at least want some type of deadline that you go ahead and build the product or refund the deposits.
Old 08-28-18, 08:04 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Originally Posted by rpjense
TaninAuto; I'm really interested in the black background climate control. But I'm real hesitant to send money to gauge interest. What happens to our deposits if you don't follow through with building the product? I'd at least want some type of deadline that you go ahead and build the product or refund the deposits.
We will be building the product no matter what, the deposits just determine how fast it gets made.

Old 08-28-18, 10:05 PM
texsexlex
Racer

.....so I think I'm a little confused........for the $2-300 am I getting a whole climate control unit with the background already in it or are you guys just providing a display screen & I have to take my unit apart, then have your screen installed ?
Old 08-29-18, 10:55 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Originally Posted by texsexlex
.....so I think I'm a little confused........for the $2-300 am I getting a whole climate control unit with the background already in it or are you guys just providing a display screen & I have to take my unit apart, then have your screen installed ?
You send their climate control to us. Pay $200-300. We ship you back your climate control with a new screen installed

Old 08-29-18, 11:18 AM
texsexlex
Racer

You send their climate control to us. Pay $200-300. We ship you back your climate control with a new screen installed
....ok thanks for the clarification......so whats the turn around time/process ???.....may try to synchronize this, with some other work planned, in the next month or so
Old 08-29-18, 11:19 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Originally Posted by texsexlex
....ok thanks for the clarification......so whats the turn around time/process ???.....may try to synchronize this, with some other work planned, in the next month or so
We won't have a definite release date until we have the 20-25 deposits collected to start production. Right now we're sitting at about 6

Old 10-17-18, 10:41 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Just checking in, we've gotten a lot of messages to reserve the LCD screens. Just wanted to let you know we're still taking reservations and deposits!!

PM us with your name, vehicle info, and phone number so we can get you set up. The more deposits we get, the faster these things roll out!

Old 11-27-18, 02:37 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Samples have arrived and are being tested!!! PLEASE contact us to place deposits to reserve YOUR screen. More deposits we get the quicker we can get this done.

Quick Reply: Feedback Needed For Potential New Product: 02-09 SC430 Climate Control LCDs