SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Wash Car Issue with keyless entry, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-18, 09:55 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by hoffy5
After replacing the Seals on the driver door, then I washed the car and wireless stopped working, wireless has not worked since then. I replaced same windshield, wireless still has not returned to working.

I have appointment with service manager at Lexus this morning, we will be showing the JB corrosion to his master service tech!

Talk soon!

Thanks!
Bob
i hope it went well at Lexus this morning, but when you replaced those seals, I think something was not put back together correctly. Like a connector on the window/doorlock assembly or the ECU in the door.

i wish I would have read those posts closer when you originally posted them because I could have taken my door apart to see if I could duplicate your problem.

for some reason I thought the wireless started working again after the seal replacement and that was why you went after the windshield...

fingers crossed Lexus locates the problem.
Old 05-03-18, 02:58 PM
hoffy5
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default The END!

HI FRIENDS,

" WOW" WHAT A JOURNEY REGARDING MY WIRELESS ISSUE!

Drum Roll Please~~~~~~~~BACK FROM LEXUS, HERE IS THE BULLET POINTS FROM TODAY'S VISIT:

1) Hendrick Lexus North Lake was my servicing dealer

2) I worked with David, the GM of the service Department

3) I DID HAVE A LEAK IN MY PASSENGER SIDE WINDSHIELD, THAT WAS REMOVED AND RE-INSTALLED, YES THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL WINDSHIELD FROM THE FACTORY!

4) THE OTHER PERSON YESTERDAY WHO REPLACE THE PASSENGER SIDE JUNCTION BOX WAS ALMOST 100%

5) THE PROBLEM WAS 2-FOLD:

A-THE JUNCTION BOX HAD CORROSION , HOWEVER THE WIRELESS STIIL DID NOT WORK.

B- THE REAL CULPRIT WAS A LARGE CONNECTOR THAT SITS ABOVE THE PASSENGER SIDE JUNCTION BOX, THE TECH SHOWED ME THE PICTURES.... THAT CONNECTOR HAD CORROSION, BLUE COLOR ON EVERY PIN ON THE MALE SIDE, AND FEMALE SIDE! LEXUS TECH. CLEANED THAT AND SAID THAT WAS THE MAIN CULPRIT! THE OTHER TECH FROM THE OTHER SHOP NEVER CHECKED THAT WHITE CONNECTOR THAT SITS ABOVE THE JUNCTION BOX, THAT SAID, AFTER LEXUS CLEANED THAT, ALL WORKS. NOTE: TECH SAID IT WAS A GOOD IDEA THE OTHER PERSON DID REPLACE THE JUNCTION BOX!

We​​​​​​​ ARE UP AND RUNNING! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

INTRESTING NOTE, LEXUS TOLD ME YESTERDAY THEY HAD A PERSON IN WITH A RX-200 I BELEIVE, SME DANG ISSUE, COUPLE WAS FROM FLORIDA, THERE CAR HAD TO BE TOWED, SAME ISSUE, THEY HAD TO REPLACE THEIR WINDSHIELD, LEXUS WAS ABLE TO CLEAN UP THEIR JUNCTION BOX, AND GET THEM BACK ON THE ROAD!

WHEW!

A BIG THANKS TO MANY ON THIS FORUM, YOU ALL ROCK!!! Special shout out to bVVTIBob for all his hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am celebrating with a Martini!

Thanks and talk soon!

​​​​​​​Bob
The following users liked this post:
GmanSC (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 03:57 PM
hoffy5
Pole Position

I DID ASK THE TECH FOR THE PICTURES HE SHOWED ME, HE SAiD I COULD NOT HAVE A COPY! THAT SAID, MY SERVICE ADVISOR SAID HE WOULD GET THOSE PICS OF THAT WHITE CONNECTOR ABOVE THE JUNCTION BOX! I WANTED TO SHARE THAT WITH YOU ALL!!!!!!!

IF HE SENDS IT, I WILL SHARE, AGAIN I SAW WITH MY OWN EYES``THAT CONNECTOR, THE FIRST TO SEE WATER FROM THE WINDSHIELD, THEN DRIPPED DOWNED TO THE JUNCTION BOX!

Bob
Old 05-03-18, 04:14 PM
VVTiBob

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

In addition, I’m only assuming if they found corrosion on the box connectors - did they also inspect the plug in side???
So that’s great they’ve solved the problem. So, what are the plans for this weekend? Going to wash the car?
The following 2 users liked this post by VVTiBob:
hoffy5 (05-03-18), JDaveSC430 (05-03-18)
Old 05-03-18, 04:16 PM
hoffy5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VVTiBob

So that’s great they’ve solved the problem. So, what are the plans for this weekend? Going to wash the car?
LOL

I will however will be paranoid doing so! SMARTPANTS;-) I believe we should be good;-)

B-
Old 05-03-18, 05:27 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

....Great job !!!!....glad that you didn't give up & I know that feels like a weight off of you now. I know alot of us threw opinions/thoughts/ideas, etc..at you...I know it isn't my Sc, but I would like to say "thanx" to everyone in the forum that tried to help out & just proves why this is such a great forum to be in !!!......
Old 05-03-18, 06:00 PM
JDaveSC430
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs up

HI FRIENDS,

" WOW" WHAT A JOURNEY REGARDING MY WIRELESS ISSUE!

Drum Roll Please~~~~~~~~BACK FROM LEXUS, HERE IS THE BULLET POINTS FROM TODAY'S VISIT:

1) Hendrick Lexus North Lake was my servicing dealer

2) I worked with David, the GM of the service Department

3) I DID HAVE A LEAK IN MY PASSENGER SIDE WINDSHIELD, THAT WAS REMOVED AND RE-INSTALLED, YES THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL WINDSHIELD FROM THE FACTORY!

4) THE OTHER PERSON YESTERDAY WHO REPLACE THE PASSENGER SIDE JUNCTION BOX WAS ALMOST 100%

5) THE PROBLEM WAS 2-FOLD:

A-THE JUNCTION BOX HAD CORROSION , HOWEVER THE WIRELESS STIIL DID NOT WORK.

B- THE REAL CULPRIT WAS A LARGE CONNECTOR THAT SITS ABOVE THE PASSENGER SIDE JUNCTION BOX, THE TECH SHOWED ME THE PICTURES.... THAT CONNECTOR HAD CORROSION, BLUE COLOR ON EVERY PIN ON THE MALE SIDE, AND FEMALE SIDE! LEXUS TECH. CLEANED THAT AND SAID THAT WAS THE MAIN CULPRIT! THE OTHER TECH FROM THE OTHER SHOP NEVER CHECKED THAT WHITE CONNECTOR THAT SITS ABOVE THE JUNCTION BOX, THAT SAID, AFTER LEXUS CLEANED THAT, ALL WORKS. NOTE: TECH SAID IT WAS A GOOD IDEA THE OTHER PERSON DID REPLACE THE JUNCTION BOX!

We​​​​​​​ ARE UP AND RUNNING! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

INTRESTING NOTE, LEXUS TOLD ME YESTERDAY THEY HAD A PERSON IN WITH A RX-200 I BELEIVE, SME DANG ISSUE, COUPLE WAS FROM FLORIDA, THERE CAR HAD TO BE TOWED, SAME ISSUE, THEY HAD TO REPLACE THEIR WINDSHIELD, LEXUS WAS ABLE TO CLEAN UP THEIR JUNCTION BOX, AND GET THEM BACK ON THE ROAD!

WHEW!

A BIG THANKS TO MANY ON THIS FORUM, YOU ALL ROCK!!! Special shout out to bVVTIBob for all his hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am celebrating with a Martini!

Thanks and talk soon!

​​​​​​​Bob
Bob, that is great. My 02 SC happens to be at Hendricks since yesterday and David is taking care of changing my differential flulid, balancing my wheels, and replacing an oxygen sensor. I do really trust David and his team; they are the best bunch I've found since I had to leave Sewell Lexus behind when I moved here from Dallas, Texas years ago. Real glad to hear they found it and to have read all the great help from many on this forum.

LOL at celebrating by washing the car; I actually was wondering if Hendrick's standard courtesy wash job tested the new fix successfully for you!
Old 05-03-18, 06:13 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

All I can say is WOW!!!
Glad it is fixed but disappointed in the Japanese assembly team...those guys would certainly hang their heads if they knew this was the quality of their work...

I wonder if we should all take a look at our passenger side JB...

Last edited by Bgw70; 05-04-18 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-04-18, 02:10 AM
hoffy5
Pole Position

Default Hi

Originally Posted by JDaveSC430
Bob, that is great. My 02 SC happens to be at Hendricks since yesterday and David is taking care of changing my differential flulid, balancing my wheels, and replacing an oxygen sensor. I do really trust David and his team; they are the best bunch I've found since I had to leave Sewell Lexus behind when I moved here from Dallas, Texas years ago. Real glad to hear they found it and to have read all the great help from many on this forum.

LOL at celebrating by washing the car; I actually was wondering if Hendrick's standard courtesy wash job tested the new fix successfully for you!
It's funny, I mentioned your name to Dave yesterday and how you are happy with their service department! No, I did not try their wash service, they asked but I declined. I truly enjoy taking care of my own washes, also that way I know who is touching the paint!

We will have to find some time this summer to get together!

Thanks!
Bob
JDaveSC430 (05-04-18)
Old 05-04-18, 07:05 PM
JDaveSC430
Pit Crew

It's funny, I mentioned your name to Dave yesterday and how you are happy with their service department! No, I did not try their wash service, they asked but I declined. I truly enjoy taking care of my own washes, also that way I know who is touching the paint!

We will have to find some time this summer to get together!

Thanks!
Bob
Hey Bob, I agree we should meet up sometime in this nicer weather. I used to wash my cars like a possessed kid until arthritis from accidents fouled up my back! Sure wish I still could for the same reasons you enjoy it. I will say Dave's crew at Hendrick always does a great detail, dry, and vaccum but today when my car was ready their washing equipment was on the fritz.
Another reason I am loyal to Hendrick is that living in Lake Norman area it is tough as can be to travel the traffic jams on I 77; a 15 minute drive takes an hour usually. But, Dave will always gladly send a careful porter to pick up my car, leave a loaner, and then deliver it back with no charge of course. Plus, gotta love the 20% discount from their 10 years or older Lexus club. I've requested the pick up/deliver a couple of times due to darn back issues and they couldn't be nicer; just awesome.
Just have to add more props for a really good and fair dealer; by the way, I mentioned your issue and he sincerely said he was really hopeful they'd solved your issue; he truly is one decent guy and he will back up everything he says and more.
Got mine back in great shape and all fixed; one issue I've had was out of balance wheels since Tire Master installed new michelins in December; after having Tire Master re-balance three times, and DIscount Tire do it once, I finally asked Dave to do it at Hendrick's. The same tech who found your issue is the one who spent the right time and effort to balance my wheels REALLY thoroughly and well; they now ride like a dream. Just great work!
Hope your issues stay GONE and happy driving!
hoffy5 (05-06-18)
Old 05-05-18, 02:21 AM
hoffy5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDaveSC430
Hey Bob, I agree we should meet up sometime in this nicer weather. I used to wash my cars like a possessed kid until arthritis from accidents fouled up my back! Sure wish I still could for the same reasons you enjoy it. I will say Dave's crew at Hendrick always does a great detail, dry, and vaccum but today when my car was ready their washing equipment was on the fritz.
Another reason I am loyal to Hendrick is that living in Lake Norman area it is tough as can be to travel the traffic jams on I 77; a 15 minute drive takes an hour usually. But, Dave will always gladly send a careful porter to pick up my car, leave a loaner, and then deliver it back with no charge of course. Plus, gotta love the 20% discount from their 10 years or older Lexus club. I've requested the pick up/deliver a couple of times due to darn back issues and they couldn't be nicer; just awesome.
Just have to add more props for a really good and fair dealer; by the way, I mentioned your issue and he sincerely said he was really hopeful they'd solved your issue; he truly is one decent guy and he will back up everything he says and more.
Got mine back in great shape and all fixed; one issue I've had was out of balance wheels since Tire Master installed new michelins in December; after having Tire Master re-balance three times, and DIscount Tire do it once, I finally asked Dave to do it at Hendrick's. The same tech who found your issue is the one who spent the right time and effort to balance my wheels REALLY thoroughly and well; they now ride like a dream. Just great work!
Hope your issues stay GONE and happy driving!

Hi Dave,

Yes, the Tech who did our car's I hear is one of the best, it's funny, he knows the other owner from Indian Trail Imports who replaced my Junction Box.

One time I took the wrong exit for Lexus North Lake and ended up on I-77, and the traffic was backed up for miles, Traffic in and around Charlotte is bad, that is why I sold my BMW-Z4 to my Son, I could not deal with a stick anymore, hence the Lexus SC replaced those wheels~~I work at UNCC, I deal with 485 traffic and the Lexus Automatic is a dream float ride in comparison to the Z4.

When I first got my car, I also had Hendrix Lexus balance all tires! The key is road force balancing, That is what they did with your tires! Tech's can measure each tire and mount to the point where each tire will perform best! I will be changing out my Tires to Michelin, currently looking at the PS3+ A/S and road force balanced at Hendrick Lexus!

Here it is Saturday morning, Sun not up yet, I am getting ready to Wash my Car to get the dang Pollen off!

Have a great day and happy you also had your car issues resolved!

Thanks again!

Bob
Old 05-05-18, 08:29 AM
hoffy5
Pole Position

Ok, Just for VVTiBob, I just finished washing my Car and all is working

B-
Old 05-05-18, 09:35 AM
VVTiBob

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

Yeah, but I bet you were worried. Would have been hilarious if the battery died in the remote with all the pressing of that button. All kidding aside, glad it’s finally resolved. It’s been a useful lesson AND learning experience for all of us. Thanks for putting up with my teasing.
Old 05-05-18, 12:10 PM
JDaveSC430
Pit Crew

Hi Dave,

Yes, the Tech who did our car's I hear is one of the best, it's funny, he knows the other owner from Indian Trail Imports who replaced my Junction Box.

One time I took the wrong exit for Lexus North Lake and ended up on I-77, and the traffic was backed up for miles, Traffic in and around Charlotte is bad, that is why I sold my BMW-Z4 to my Son, I could not deal with a stick anymore, hence the Lexus SC replaced those wheels~~I work at UNCC, I deal with 485 traffic and the Lexus Automatic is a dream float ride in comparison to the Z4.

When I first got my car, I also had Hendrix Lexus balance all tires! The key is road force balancing, That is what they did with your tires! Tech's can measure each tire and mount to the point where each tire will perform best! I will be changing out my Tires to Michelin, currently looking at the PS3+ A/S and road force balanced at Hendrick Lexus!

Here it is Saturday morning, Sun not up yet, I am getting ready to Wash my Car to get the dang Pollen off!

Have a great day and happy you also had your car issues resolved!

Thanks again!

Bob
Hey Bob, that pollen is fierce this year; greenish dust everywhere. Agree about road force balance; definitely learned about that years ago; problem is not all mechanics seem to get it right. My new michelin PS3 A/S were rfb'd by the selling tire shop twice, and, once by Discount Tire as a courtesy. Neither shop could balance them to not vibrate at about 45 mph which is my most common speed lol. I have the chrome TRD VIP wheels in excellent condition but the Hendrick tech still had to finess the balancing; this fellow really knows how to balance the wheels on an SC and also the TRD wheels and he got it perfect!
yep, I 77 is a multi-lane traffic jam with great views on the lake to enjoy while you inch along for miles......
hoffy5 (05-06-18)
Old 05-05-18, 04:42 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Congratulations Bob! It is good to hear that the problem has finally been resolved. That was a frustrating one for sure. I'm glad your washing went through without a hitch also.

JDave, you mentioned that you had your tires road forced balanced to 45 mph? I didn't know that we could request a speed. Next time, I may ask them to do it at 55 mph since that seems to be the sweet spot (50 to 60 mph actually) of where the worst vibrations come from.

Quick Reply: Wash Car Issue with keyless entry, HELP!