SC430 How-To's- Calling Admins!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-18, 08:05 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts
Default SC430 How-To's- Calling Admins!

Hello all (AND hopefully Admins!),
So I stumbled onto this part of CL and thought it was pretty awesome! Wish I had seen some of the things here (ie. Brake maintenance, even though on a diff model). I would love to see a SC/SC430 section!
https://www.clublexus.com/how-tos/
The following users liked this post:
texsexlex (05-05-20)
Old 02-08-18, 08:11 AM
hoffy5
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Agree!

Hi Shawn,

AGREE, This would be awesome! With the long manufacturing history there is plenty SC430 owners who would enjoy this type of knowledge!

Thanks!
B-
Old 02-08-18, 10:32 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

I agree. That link looks pretty awesome. We tried to something much less friendly (lower tech) with one of the stickies and with a directory thread that I published a while back but they pale in comparison to the link you found Shawn. They would provide the basis for information for something like that though. At one time, I was going to start a follow on thread to the one I did before with procedures that came along after the stickie thread was closed down but didn't seem to have any interest when I brought it up.

But something like that link would be much better and pretty awesome for the SC430 crowd that we are a part of!
Old 10-16-19, 02:45 PM
RENEGATE28
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best Exhaust Sound

I am trying to improve my exhaust sound, without spending much money. I have red up on the res and muffler deletes and would like to have an exhaust that sounds really loud and mean. Trying to have that V8 sound stand out. I understand that a resonator delete will make my car sound throatier... but I want it too sound loud as well. I was then thinking of doing both a resonator delete and a muffler delete to achieve both, but I heard that it sounds bad. I want it to sound as good as possible. So I have been considering a muffler delete in order to achieve the loudness I want, and a third car delete since I understand that it is behind the O2 sensor and will not cause a check engine light to go on. Any experience with a similar setup?
Old 10-16-19, 03:38 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by V8Exhaust
I am trying to improve my exhaust sound, without spending much money. I have red up on the res and muffler deletes and would like to have an exhaust that sounds really loud and mean. Trying to have that V8 sound stand out. I understand that a resonator delete will make my car sound throatier... but I want it too sound loud as well. I was then thinking of doing both a resonator delete and a muffler delete to achieve both, but I heard that it sounds bad. I want it to sound as good as possible. So I have been considering a muffler delete in order to achieve the loudness I want, and a third car delete since I understand that it is behind the O2 sensor and will not cause a check engine light to go on. Any experience with a similar setup?
This might help!
Welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 10-16-19, 04:55 PM
RENEGATE28
Rookie

Default That sounds mean!

@Bgw70
Thank you for the video! I’m guessing that is a straight pipe! Lol, I probably wouldn’t go that far. I heard that removing the resonators causes drone. Straight pipe also supposedly makes your car lose power which I definitely do not want. I think doing a muffler delete will give me that loudness I want, I don’t have neighbors that will complain, and I think the third cat delete would add that unique touch to the exhaust note, while still having the resonators in place. Opinions?
Old 10-17-19, 10:35 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 489 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by V8Exhaust
Hey V8Exhaust, where do you live? I took an aftermarket exhaust system off my car and replaced it with an OEM one. It is just sitting in my storage area.

There is a 1 in 50 chance you live in AZ, so I thought I would ask.
Old 10-17-19, 10:39 AM
RENEGATE28
Rookie

Originally Posted by DshngDaryl
Hey V8Exhaust, where do you live? I took an aftermarket exhaust system off my car and replaced it with an OEM one. It is just sitting in my storage area.

There is a 1 in 50 chance you live in AZ, so I thought I would ask.
Hey man! I live in Miami, Florida unfortunately I really appreciate the offer though, this community is very helpful 🙏🏽
Old 05-04-20, 08:04 PM
JMal
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default SC430 exhaust for great V8 sound

Hi Renegate28,
You are correct, muffler and resonator delete together does sound bad. After trying many options, the two cheapest and loudest options that worked best were replacing the 3rd cat with a h-pipe, although the exhaust smell can be a turn-off and there may be a possible loss in low-end torque, with a muffler delete as per image below,

or replacing the 3rd cat with two cats (I used 200 cell cats to mitigate the problems above) with a muffler delete (refer image below).

If I were to redo this, I would have the twin pipes like the first image, but have two cats without O2 bungs, only have 2-bolt flanges placed after the cats, and leave that section of exhaust unpainted. I hope you find this useful.
Old 05-05-20, 12:03 AM
joemg
Instructor

Received 271 Likes on 191 Posts

We should definitely have a SC430 how-to section. That writeup on installing coilovers that Wil44 did a week or so ago would be the perfect type of thing to have in there. As well as the wheel fitment thread. Also a writeup or link to a video of how to install RCA blocks (it's super easy). There's probably a ton of other things we could put in there. Grom or naviks installs, speaker replacement, sway bars swaps, headers install, etc etc
Old 05-05-20, 11:04 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by joemg
We should definitely have a SC430 how-to section. That writeup on installing coilovers that Wil44 did a week or so ago would be the perfect type of thing to have in there. As well as the wheel fitment thread. Also a writeup or link to a video of how to install RCA blocks (it's super easy). There's probably a ton of other things we could put in there. Grom or naviks installs, speaker replacement, sway bars swaps, headers install, etc etc
There is the sticky FAQ. All The latest DIYs should go in there.
Old 05-05-20, 11:09 AM
joemg
Instructor

Received 271 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by GmanSC
There is the sticky FAQ. All The latest DIYs should go in there.

That hasn't been updated in 9 years... Maybe this is a good opportunity to curate all that information and all the information since then in a more accessible format like the how-to section mentioned in the first post? A wiki-style setup seems to work very well for this sort of thing.
The following 4 users liked this post by joemg:
718SC (05-08-20), digitatc (05-05-20), texsexlex (05-24-20), WIL44 (05-24-20)
Old 05-23-20, 09:22 PM
FrictionSc
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally got sometime to start this project today. Parts came from my is250. Working on marking it fit on sc430.
The following 2 users liked this post by FrictionSc:
texsexlex (05-24-20), WIL44 (05-24-20)
Old 05-24-20, 12:02 AM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

I know it's rough right now, but definitely can invision the out come.......keep up the good work